IGNORED

WATMM is dying

hello spiral

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2019 at 1:49 PM, Joyrex said:

Now, with all that said - I am open to the idea of allowing optional subscriptions, Patreon, etc. as long as it doesn't result in resentment towards people who aren't paying, or who have never paid, etc. I am not really keen on the idea of Google AdSense or ads in general (plus people just AdBlock them).

I think you should do whatever will bring more people in if simply changing the paywall format will help. At least have the 'level 1' account which would allow to post without making threads. I know WATMM is an often lurked forum, especially when a major release is coming out.

i turn my head  to cough/fart and 10 page thread about watmm dying happens. 

does the internet have seasons? maybe summer is the slow time on the internet? 

need a new []pusher release to help grow the internet of things on watmm. 

btw i have no resentment to newcomers getting a "better" deal on forum access. it's a fackin bargin already i think but if the sharing economy and people who get all their music via spotify want to come join for a pittance so be it. i'll not stop shitting on streaming services. 

shitpost tangent? 

17 minutes ago, ignatius said:

btw i have no resentment to newcomers getting a "better" deal on forum access. it's a fackin bargin already i think but if the sharing economy and people who get all their music via shopify want to come join for a pittance so be it. i'll not stop shitting on streaming services. 

preach forever m9

this thread is now officially about how streaming is shitty

TBH I don't think I would have had registered back in the day if I had had to pay for subscription.

Also the payment may be fair to most people in US and Europe but there are places where it's nearly impossible to make online payments to other countries or at least very difficult and even in US and Europe lots of people don't have credit cards or similar online payment options.

On the other hand if there was some WATMM merch to support the site I'd probably be interested.

On 7/16/2019 at 7:14 PM, cwmbrancity said:

@hello spiral you want a direct answer?

if yourself & various other cocknoscientis weren't such a punnet of clenched assholes, capable of taking on an actual debate w/out recourse to chatroom (as Sir Ben Kingsley so eloquently put it in Sexy Beast) innsinuendos & the kind of bs you might expect in an episode of The Real Housewives or a sorority house club, canoodling like gimps doing god knows what to each other cos every cult within a cult needs extra discipline & punishments encoded into it to survive, then the world might open up to your self-imposed cultural imperialism.

maaan i had some time for you, The Deep End is the shit and i'll link it up here so cunts can get an earful, but you're the epitome of an office bitch. Grow up, old man, or fuck off & sip Champagne, makes no difference.

https://salaamhelicoid.bandcamp.com/track/the-deep-end

chatmm going "down" and then the creation of the discord was a huge mistake. I don't even think it was a "mistake" per se, but it happened, and I'm sure Joyrex is "we have to go back"-ing every night before bed. JR is a control freak about watmm and hates when others are seen to be taking a slice of whatever he thinks he controls. In this instance I agree - chatmm is a fucking disaster, impossible to read, filled with fake personas and characters (which aren't funny) and run by posters even more craven than papa. It's not about music it's about who's in or out. what cwmbrancity said. and at the root of that is hello spiral. his behavior and others and the creation of the chatmm discord has done more damage to the vibe of watmm than any one member banning. 

On 7/17/2019 at 5:32 AM, eugene said:

not enough cool people

also this and getting rid of the subscription might change that obviously. but for some reason joyrex can't afford $70 a month. Honestly joyrex if you made me a mod / admin i would cover the fees.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:01 AM, jules said:

I don’t think watmm is dying - it’s just changed quite a bit. It’s much more about music than the humor that used to be the cornerstone of this place. There are still lots of good people around even though we lost a lot of the old guard. I do wish there was still only one place but it is what it is. I even miss the old trolls like sup and those types. But whatever... All good.

this is how i feel

Archived