IGNORED

WATMM is dying

hello spiral

I uploaded someone's ae live recording to youtube without their blessing. I deleted it eventually after this person insisted. I still don't think that people can claim copyright to a recording of AE's work that they recorded illegally but what can I do.
oh right. pretty boring tbh, thought it might be something juicier. what a bunch of fucking nerds we all are.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bitchroast said:

usagi: "idk how you're still posting here after being caught redhanded stealing someone else's work and lying about having their blessing."

darreich:  "I never stole anyone's work"

darreich: [literally 1 page later] "I uploaded [sic] stole* someone's ae live recording and posted it to youtube", and then lied about having their blessing. 

no one claimed copyright. i just insisted that it was a shitty thing to do. 

Don't be such a pussy

59 minutes ago, Braintree said:

High school was a long time ago guys.

are we talking about highschool music? cos I recently revisited this

and found I still enjoy it. not as much as White Pony but a great nostalgia record with no embarrassment.

(unlike Crazy Town, lawd fucking reekris, every time I remember it...)

Someone uploaded on yt my recording of ae zagreb show without asking me nor giving me any credits! Now i know who does that!!!! I kill for less!

naaah jk ? i dont mind! Actually, ae needs to come to as many ears as possible 

I uploaded a copy of the Plaid performance in the Tate once, I asked Andy if he was cool with it and he was.

Don't think I'm entitled to anything for that tbh, if someone else tried to sell it that would not be cool. :shrug:

2 hours ago, manmower said:

What show did he record and what was the venue's policy?

I don't know how @darreichungsform went about it but I don't necessarily agree with equating sharing to fishing for rep or kudos either.

It does seem to be that though, or attention seeking. Why else would he upload a random Freeform track claiming it's a rip of that early unreleased ae tape?

5 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

It does seem to be that though, or attention seeking. Why else would he upload a random Freeform track claiming it's a rip of that early unreleased ae tape?

You mean this one?

Blank totally bought it which was pretty funny

When I saw word of this stealing work thing, I thought it was something a bit more scandalous, tbh. Once you get into YouTube bootlegs of bootlegs it’s like ehhhhh. Could there be treachery and deception here? Probably, but don’t let this tear apart the IDM brotherhood of traveling North Face jackets, plz

8 hours ago, usagi said:

it's not about "rights". like anyone in their right mind would attempt to claim legal rights to a bootleg recording of a live performance by another artist. it's about being a decent person and giving credit to those who put in the actual effort to make a recording (+ possible extra effort to clean up/remaster said recording) for other fans to enjoy. it's also about not lying that you've been given the go-ahead to upload it elsewhere. if the nibba'd uploaded it of his own volition but simply given credit, or at least not lied that he'd been given the go-ahead, this would be far less of an argument.

if you think this basic notion of decency applies less because "hurrdurr it's just a fan recording of a show", I wouldn't trust you around children or animals.

(holy fuck how do you get to the plaintext editing view?)

this is a lie.

Reveal hidden contents

I have no modesty.

Hmmm, Usagi thinks I'm indecent. I guess I can live with that.

But you miss out on the fact that I did have bitroasts blessing until he revoked it later on. I guess that's because he spoke to hello spiral (which I assume because bitroast was repeating the exact same things spiral told me earlier).

The convo with bitroast started out on a friendly basis (he liked the way I processed/mastered the bootleg) but then suddenly something out of my reach happened and I had like 10 angry messages from him.

But who even cares. To me this whole discussion seems so unnecessarily serious and spiteful, I honestly can't see the point of spending one's leisure time with it but I feel that I at least halfheartedly have to defend myself.

Schlitze expressed it very well. The guilt is basically eating me up from inside. Haven't slept ever since and basically look like Christian Bale in "The Machinist"

4 hours ago, hello spiral said:

If I was after attention I'd probably start a podcast or upload pics of my toenails

Archived