IGNORED

Four Tet - Dreamer

^Agreed re:dribble of tracks that will probably just be on his next album.

Hmm, guess im a little burnt out on his sound since around New Energy.  Nothing bad, just a bit safe and doesnt light my fire.  The last track of his I truly fell in love with was Locked off Pink.. also that track Question, which is a well flipped disco edit.  Oh and I also like Beautiful Rewind which was a bit more adventurous territory, thus everything after that album feeling a bit "safe"

9 minutes ago, markedone said:

^Agreed re:dribble of tracks that will probably just be on his next album.

Hmm, guess im a little burnt out on his sound since around New Energy.  Nothing bad, just a bit safe and doesnt light my fire.  The last track of his I truly fell in love with was Locked off Pink.. also that track Question, which is a well flipped disco edit.  Oh and I also like Beautiful Rewind which was a bit more adventurous territory, thus everything after that album feeling a bit "safe"

I liked New Energy more than Pink, though I'd agree that on their own none of the former's tracks quite have the same staying power as any off of Pink. But I returned to New Energy a lot more as a whole, and thought it worked better as a long sustained listen than Pink did. 

Agreed his music is middle-of-the-road, and bit too easy on the ear. I think my favourite album of his would be There Is Love In You.

He can write a tune though, somehow he just twists a sweet spot in my brain that I quite enjoy. But yeah I don't punch the air or start slathering at the jaws when it's playing.

Archived