IGNORED

Korg Monologue or Arturia Microbrute

TheBro

I'd go for the Monologue. The Microbrute is on the cheaper side build-wise and doesn't have a patch bank or an internal sequencer to play around with. You could also look into a Bass Station II, or a Behringer Neutron with something like a VCV rack connection. You could couple that with a Behringer Crave, a Make Noise 0-Coast or Bastl Instruments gear (not sure if that's compatible) and you're in a whole other world of synthesis. 

There's also the Arturia MicroFreak out which seems interesting.

10 minutes ago, TheBro said:

Thanks yeah was thinking about going for the Monologue!!

What would you sequence it with? Make sure to play around with pgm change, the Monologue has an internal MIDI CC value of 1-1000 (or 0 to 1000, not sure), whereas when it's controlled externally it's 1-127. Just something to keep in mind to fine tune things a bit more :flower: MicroFreak looks interesting too yeah, I think it has a Mutable Instruments Plaits oscillator in it which gives off these strange plucky sounds that can work great for percussion. Also don't forget that the Bass Station II got an AFX update recently with per-key patches which is really intriguing!

monologue. easy. 

the microbrute is fun but the monologue is more fun, faster to use, more flexible, looks better, and to me it sounds better. the filter is great. it's a nice little monosynth 

I did try the Microbrute and it was fun to twiddle around with, but yeah not being able to save any patches would be a bugger.

I have a Volca kick and you can save 16 different patches plus sequence them - ultimate win.

^i grabbed the monologue when Korg were doing the promo to get a free kick with it, haven't used the kick enough really but found some great sounds out of the monologue, very immediate and interesting with some depth to it for long-term use. kick sounds good as well, need to try and incorporate it more.

let us know how you end up liking the mono TheBro :)

Archived