IGNORED

Dark ambient/modern classical "Annalkande"

zoix

Made this using my Sub Phatty and some Spitfire sample libraries. Slapped some compression and a limiter on the master track.

What do you think? Are there enough elements going on to make the track interesting in the first half?

15 hours ago, zoix said:

Made this using my Sub Phatty and some Spitfire sample libraries. Slapped some compression and a limiter on the master track.

What do you think? Are there enough elements going on to make the track interesting in the first half?

You can really feel this one. I'm glad the noise came in at 2:21. I was beginning to think this needed some percussive element you it. Maybe consider bringing in a bell like tone around the 1 minute add earlier percussive element anyway. I really like voices at the 4 minute mark. Good track. 

You can really feel this one. I'm glad the noise came in at 2:21. I was beginning to think this needed some percussive element you it. Maybe consider bringing in a bell like tone around the 1 minute add earlier percussive element anyway. I really like voices at the 4 minute mark. Good track. 
Thanks man!

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

This is very interesting.  I wouldn't mind a couple more samples sneaking in over the first two minutes, but it works as it stands.  It gets so harmonically rich in the last part, I can't help but want to hear more of it.

18 hours ago, wagneric said:

This is very interesting.  I wouldn't mind a couple more samples sneaking in over the first two minutes, but it works as it stands.  It gets so harmonically rich in the last part, I can't help but want to hear more of it.

Thank you sir! I was thinking of maybe adding some radio transmissions fx to make it a little more interesting, good point.

Yeah, this is pretty good. Maybe the distortion is a little bit over the top at some points for me and the LFO on the drone a bit repetitive even though the frequency is modulated but noice anyway.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:38 AM, zoix said:

First of all, never start out by saying "Made this using my Sub Phatty and some Spitfire sample libraries" because I instantly recognized what you were doing to your Sub Phatty and the libraries you were using. If you hadn't told I probably wouldn't have noticed and recognized it as being your Sub Phatty and now I'm just left thinking "he did that and this" to make that sound.

Anyway, enough finger-wagging.

Yeah, the distortion is definitely too much. The distortion is eating away at your audible low end. I know it's an ambient tune but I still think you could add some structure to this because right now it's just you adding layers to a drone. 

First of all, never start out by saying "Made this using my Sub Phatty and some Spitfire sample libraries" because I instantly recognized what you were doing to your Sub Phatty and the libraries you were using. If you hadn't told I probably wouldn't have noticed and recognized it as being your Sub Phatty and now I'm just left thinking "he did that and this" to make that sound.

Anyway, enough finger-wagging.

Yeah, the distortion is definitely too much. The distortion is eating away at your audible low end. I know it's an ambient tune but I still think you could add some structure to this because right now it's just you adding layers to a drone. 

Hmm will have to listen critically to hear what you mean about the low end. I am moving notes on the drone there, so it's not just a single sustained note; it's the same notes as the strings that come jn later on. So maybe that is why the low end is lost a bit on the higher notes. Otherwise I'm pretty ok with just adding layers. Thanks for the detailed feedback, really appreciate it!

And aye aye sir on stating the instruments there :)

Archived