IGNORED

Barker - Utility

Ah, I was about to create the very same topic ! Most anticipated LP of the year as far as I'm concerned, Debiasing being an insane grower (and a personal favorite). Can't wait really.

6 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

yeah def gonna get me this one, that ep was great and so is his album with baumecker

Ah, right, almost forget about that ND_Baumecker collab,  but I remember I liked that as well. Gonna have to search my HDD for it to have another listen in preparation for his new album. Thanks for the reminder!

On 7/19/2019 at 8:47 PM, IDEM said:

Ah, right, almost forget about that ND_Baumecker collab,  but I remember I liked that as well. Gonna have to search my HDD for it to have another listen in preparation for his new album. Thanks for the reminder!

Both B&B albums are great.

• 2 weeks later...

new FACT mix of all new material.  pure amazingness.

"This fall, Barker is releasing his debut solo full-length, Utility, and to celebrate has put together a special FACT mix of snippets from his recent live performances. Using his live setup of an Elektron Digitone, Elektron Octatrack, Nord Drum plus some modular gear and outboard FX, Barker glides through many of the themes on the album, exploring harmony, rhythm and texture."

Edited by species8472
  • Thanks 4

The FACT mix showcases its stuff on a live setup, clearly more beat-driven (and it's successful). I'm really curious to see if on record he as stayed on the firm stance of the Debiasing EP.

• Like 1

Debiasing was good, but the palette was a bit limited for my taste. But I guess that was the concept. Definitely enjoy the FACT mix more though, if this is a teaser for the album, we're in for quite a treat!

Edited by IDEM

• 3 weeks later...