IGNORED

Korg Gadget 2 - on sale now - is it worth it??

TheBro

Hey all is Korg Gadget 2 worth it as I'm tempted to get it although I use Beatmaker 2 / 3? I would love to run Arp Oydessei in it and may be some other apps. What's the pros and cons etc?? Cheers.

EDIT: I meant to write I'd be using it on Ipad. 

Pros: it’s fun to play with. It sounds really good. You’ll get something musical out of it with almost no effort at all. The assortment of available gadgets is really well thought out.

Cons: it traps you into that one loop like you wouldn’t believe the way many fantastically easy tools do (though it’s perfectly possible to create complete tracks with). You will not make sounds that the designers intended (all sweet spot, all of the time).

Very big con: it doesn’t come with a lot of gadgets, you’ll have to buy more using in app purchases.

Finally, but that’s pretty much a given with iPad music making: no mixing and mastering. You’ll have to export your tracks to somewhere else - which is really easy to do.

Yeah, the easy export of audio and MIDI to Ableton via Dropbox was what convinced me. I view it as a fun sketch pad for train rides, etc, and then you can finish up decent ideas on a computer later. 

11 minutes ago, psn said:

Yeah, the easy export of audio and MIDI to Ableton via Dropbox was what convinced me. I view it as a fun sketch pad for train rides, etc, and then you can finish up decent ideas on a computer later. 

I wish the Switch version had that ?

Archived