IGNORED

Crazy post AE/afx futuristic beats!!!

sheatheman

https://picosong.com/wKKp3/

i was A-B-ing this to Exai yesterday and feel like it’s pretty good for a snippet I made in 30 minutes at 5am

posting here because it’s unlike anything I’ve ever put out and considering pursuing as a side project. Kind of feel like I graduated to a new class in ableton skill recently.

humble brag rant over....

• Like 2

it's pretty good, yeah. I like the combination of the ominous pad with the drums, you should add more elements and finish that bad boy and drop it on SC. 

• 2 weeks later...

there's some interesting sounds for sure but very much feels just random and also the mix is super crunched (not a bad thing necessarily, i've done that sometimes too....) but feels uncomfortable here. (maybe that's your intent, not knocking it exactly, just stood out to me) i do like towards the end with the chordal weirdness in there for sure

18 minutes ago, auxien said:

there's some interesting sounds for sure but very much feels just random and also the mix is super crunched (not a bad thing necessarily, i've done that sometimes too....) but feels uncomfortable here. (maybe that's your intent, not knocking it exactly, just stood out to me) i do like towards the end with the chordal weirdness in there for sure

What auxien said.
There are some really cool sounds in this tune but it's not much of a tune right now. I really like the kick even though it smashes the entire mix to smithereens.
I wish it was structured differently too. Or in other words, I wish it had some structure because right now you just seem to add new things and then another thing and then this thing. Things don't need to be unstructured to be "crazy afx futuristic beats", my man.

wow. it doesn't matter what i do. you guys just won't like my music. i can't do structure, its just not possible for me. this is how i make sounds. i'm trying to glorify God with my music. thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, sheatheman said:

here be another sketch using similar techniques as well as fors.fm max devices.

Your browser does not support the HTML5 audio tag.

eod water port.mp3 3.38 MB · 60 downloads

Wow this is beautiful! Agree with the comment above, it has a really nice evolution, really well paced, it builds up slowly but not TOO slowly. Nice, crisp, punch sound design, lovely melody, and lots of "brain-tickling" variation. This could easily keep going for longer... I want more!

3 hours ago, springymajig said:

Wow this is beautiful! Agree with the comment above, it has a really nice evolution, really well paced, it builds up slowly but not TOO slowly. Nice, crisp, punch sound design, lovely melody, and lots of "brain-tickling" variation. This could easily keep going for longer... I want more!

Thank you. Making this kind of stuff is half an exercise in trying to impress the watmm demographic. It’s very unnatural for me to make and is very far from what I normally do. Fun though. A lot different from the post-grunge 90s alternative I’m currently making in earnest

On 11/28/2020 at 11:37 AM, sheatheman said:

Happy Black Friday

Arbiter Scan.mp3 5.93 MB · 29 downloads  

Again... fantastic... I totally get that you might not be as interested in making this kinda stuff as "post-grunge 90s alternative" but I would love a whole album of this!

On 11/27/2020 at 2:37 PM, sheatheman said:

Happy Black Friday

Arbiter Scan.mp3 5.93 MB · 39 downloads  

you could totally weave some glitchy skittery beats + bass into that. some offkilter DnB style go plastic blurred out transient mashed loops. 

• 1 month later...