IGNORED

World music

zlemflolia

so, everybody knows cumbia by now and if you don't you should be ashamed.. anyway, there was this real cool counter-culture movement in Mexico in the 90's that influenced immensely what came next... by mistake, a turntable broke in te middle of a cumbia dj set and the song started playing really slow... people went crazy and started doing the same in parties and recording tapes and cds with slowed down versions of colombian cumbia......you can watch a movie called I'm no Longer Here if you're interested... this is so fucking hypnotic and fully entrenched in narcotics... it's called cumbia rebajada which basically means slowed down cumbia... there's also the aesthetic side of it, like, gangs of swagger kids dancing this like crazy... you have this short doc if you're not into movies...

here's a mixtape and there's thousands more to listen to on youtube...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

so, everybody knows cumbia by now and if you don't you should be ashamed.. anyway, there was this real cool counter-culture movement in Mexico in the 90's that influenced immensely what came next... by mistake, a turntable broke in te middle of a cumbia dj set and the song started playing really slow... people went crazy and started doing the same in parties and recording tapes and cds with slowed down versions of colombian cumbia......you can watch a movie called I'm no Longer Here if you're interested... this is so fucking hypnotic and fully entrenched in narcotics... it's called cumbia rebajada which basically means slowed down cumbia... there's also the aesthetic side of it, like, gangs of swagger kids dancing this like crazy... you have this short doc if you're not into movies...

here's a mixtape and there's thousands more to listen to on youtube...

definitely one of the best posts in this thread

-

columbian "vallenta"

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

definitely one of the best posts in this thread

-

columbian "vallenta"

the chord progressions on this are magic... when it started i was like wtf is this midi shit but then i skipped to 1 minute and i almost started crying... deep shit indeed... anyway, sounds a lot like batchata... or the other way around...

the beat and overall production sounds pretty idm...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1

so this video is already pitched/slowed down but now i play it at double speed in youtube and it sounds fast but pitched down... it's basically the original version  speed but pitched down...

check this section, try different speeds to see which one you like better...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1