IGNORED

Misgendering - it happens here too

ligma

2 minutes ago, Braintree said:

@drome You seem to have a problem assessing whether two situations are alike or not.

One person being harassed over their pronoun is different than someone taking umbrage with you making a mistake once.

You seem to have a problem with being condescending when latching on to a self righteous crusade.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, drome said:

You seem to have a problem with being condescending when latching on to a self righteous crusade.

I was trying to be as neutral and monotone as possible. I'm sorry if that sounds condescending.

18 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I was trying to be as neutral and monotone as possible. I'm sorry if that sounds condescending.

No need to apologise. I personally think the guy was deliberately winding up the trans person by calling them a geezer.

However, I can see people using these categories in order to play the victim, and that’s a toxic mindset - ie. I’m such and such, I’m oppressed and I’m beyond criticism 

There's a difference between harassment and making a mistake. I hang out with a lot of people that are trans or have changed their pronouns and as long as you try to be respectful, then there's no problem. For those that play the victim, they're usually quickly identified by the group.

3 minutes ago, Braintree said:

There's a difference between harassment and making a mistake. I hang out with a lot of people that are trans or have changed their pronouns and as long as you try to be respectful, then there's no problem. For those that play the victim, they're usually quickly identified by the group.

can’t say fairer than that ?

just call everybody dude, dude is gender neutral

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dude

"
The female equivalent was "dudette" or "dudess". but these have both fallen into disuse and "dude" is now also used as a unisex term. This more general meaning of "dude" started creeping into the mainstream in the mid-1970s."

3 minutes ago, ligma said:
6 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

@ligma fuck off

no you fuck off, @Joyrex handle this abuser please.

dunno how much of a piss ur taking but there are people who have transitioned on here and making a joke out of missgendering of all things is in p poor taste imo 

weirdly I am not the least surprised about the presence of victim-shaming and victim-blaming creeps here. carry on, i guess.

5 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

dunno how much of a piss ur taking but there are people who have transitioned on here and making a joke out of missgendering of all things is in p poor taste imo 

member has their location set as "pissville" so likely taking quite the piss.

(hopefully I'm wrong of course)

1 minute ago, ligma said:

weirdly I am not the least surprised about the presence of victim-shaming and victim-blaming creeps here. carry on, i guess.

ur the one who opened with what I read as taking the piss off people experiencing being missgendered...

15 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

with what I read as

okay so it is clear you don't understand hyperbole (sorry i got your hopes up about murdering someone for misgendering me) but the true message is in there. misgendering is a massive problem (to me) and it needs to be in check and there is no place for it here or anywhere else. your attitude about it sort of says to me like you're against the idea that people are able to choose and expect to be called by their pronoun(s) of choice. i think you need to pick up a book or two about non-conforming gender theory and come back when you've smartened up a bit. namaste.

6 minutes ago, ligma said:

okay so it is clear you don't understand hyperbole (sorry i got your hopes up about murdering someone for misgendering me) but the true message is in there. misgendering is a massive problem (to me) and it needs to be in check and there is no place for it here or anywhere else. your attitude about it sort of says to me like you're against the idea that people are able to choose and expect to be called by their pronoun(s) of choice. i think you need to pick up a book or two about non-conforming gender theory and come back when you've smartened up a bit. namaste.

5 hours ago, ligma said:

The first, and last, time that someone misgendered me, I assumed a wide crouching stance and began grimacing. I shot at them as if I was a rocket launching into space and began a three pronged attack - one hand tearing at his throat with a tiger claw strike, the other hand's fingers penetrating his eye sockets with extreme precision, and a strong "Muay Boran" style leaping knee to collapse their sternum. As they crumpled to the ground, blind and gurgling, spraying blood from their savaged neck into my open mouth, I was satisfied that my training eventually paid off. That was at first the worst day off my life, but then quickly became the best.

I take issue w this whole paragraph as it reinforces a p shitty stereotype, that's my whole problem.. I have no idea if you're being honest about missgendering being a problem for you, but if it is you should b able to see how this can be seen as an insult towards people who feel missgendered rather than a way to empathize or whatever

I linked to the transgender thread because this discussion probs belongs there...

38 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I think most people are just confused about the actual intent of this thread (myself included).  

agree, have no idea if this thread is meant to be serious or not. 

Archived