Jump to content

Tomi Kokki - Wild Strawberries [house, progressive house, oldschool]


tomikoo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tried to channel the kind of a 90s vibe house/progressive house track with this one. The final track of my summer project EP (Summer Food EP) ?

Edited by tomikoo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

if you'd told me this was released in 1996 i wouldn't doubt you at all, so for sure channeled that vibe :) good feel and the nearly 8 minutes is deserved, stays interesting and moving throughout. could easily see this being on some vinyl release.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, tomikoo said:

Tried to channel the kind of a 90s vibe house/progressive house track with this one. The final track of my summer project EP (Summer Food EP) ?

Did you comment on anyone else's tracks yet? You're not allowed to post your own stuff unless you give other proper feedback ? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2019 at 4:55 PM, auxien said:

if you'd told me this was released in 1996 i wouldn't doubt you at all, so for sure channeled that vibe ? good feel and the nearly 8 minutes is deserved, stays interesting and moving throughout. could easily see this being on some vinyl release.

Thank you for your feedback, highly appreciated. Good to hear, that someone got the vibes I was after. ?

On 8/3/2019 at 4:59 PM, Squee said:

Did you comment on anyone else's tracks yet? You're not allowed to post your own stuff unless you give other proper feedback ? 

Oh, sorry, that one slipped past me. Will do it ASAP!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2019 at 12:31 AM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Yeah you nailed the mid 90s vibe for sure.  The rubbery bass is probably my favorite element.  The various arps that run throughout keep things moving along as well.  Very nice track!

 

2 hours ago, TheBro said:

Really dug this a lot. Very musical and deep at the same time. Nice one!!!

Listening to your other stuff now!!

I humbly bow and thank you guys for all the feedback. ? The rubbery bass is done with my Reface DX, with just a tiny bit of Boss DS-1 distortion, to get a bit of lofi-texture (I love my DS-1, trusty old companion ? ). I was also really happy how that bassline and the sound turned out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.