IGNORED

Autechre Resident Advisor Hip-Hop Mix

kiya

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny interview. there's probably not a lot of ground to cover with this interview that hasn't been covered before (resident advisor had the really good elseq interview i think). 

funny they mention the old tapes mix being unmastered as well when that shit sounds totally good and excellent and fine.

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

woot. glad they're up to ya know.. stuff. ?

this seems like a solid pre-promo thing for incoming onesex sets. 

You think there's still more onesix? Jeeeeeeez...

Well I do hope it's a pre-promo for... STUFF.  As the article prefaces, though, the bros have certainly been generous to us the last few years. 42 freaking hours, wow.

1 minute ago, sweepstakes said:

Well I do hope it's a pre-promo for... STUFF.  As the article prefaces, though, the bros have certainly been generous to us the last few years. 42 freaking hours, wow.

we haven't had any onesix soundboards yet!

stuff soon.

11 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

well.. yeah.. they haven't released any one six right?  it's totally different to the AE-live 2015 stuff.  isn't it what we were going on about last week w/the ASCAP registration stuff? 

edit: derp.. didn't see the previous post. 

i haven't listened to every 2015 set yet but i also think .. you don't really have to. it's nice having the opportunity to put a set on whenever you're in the mood and get a slightly different listen. but forcing yourself to familiarise yourself with all the different sets is honestly *too much*. 

bring on *too many* Onesix soundboards :):) 

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

isn't it what we were going on about last week w/the ASCAP registration stuff?

Oh I must have missed that ASCAP stuff. I've been kinda lurking waiting for that "death of WATMM" thread to cool down. .

yeah onesix soundboards pls, sooner or later (sooner). recordings made the sounds/set seem interesting but even the best one or two recordings i heard, felt like i couldn't really get into it truly, just given the type of mood and sounds and such.

anyway this mix was fun. didn't seem to be too much (if any?) overlap with stuff they've used before (the all-day radio mixes and previous mixes). i've heard one or two of the tracks but i don't think it was from AE (could be wrong). 

In rochdale bus station, at about 2am, on a butchered 3D super woofer. 

Can you tell us about the idea behind the mix? 

Sunday rovers, the 17, 122, 123, 163, 164, and 167. MCWs and old Atlanteans. Cutdown popmates and edding alphabets. 

what's all this about. wtf is a 3D super woofer. what are sunday rovers. what's the numbers. what's an mcw? cutdown popmate? edding alphabets?

20 minutes ago, tneuvm said:

this might be really old right?

Could be. This part of the interview is chinese to me... any opinion, someone?

How and where was the mix recorded? 

In rochdale bus station, at about 2am, on a butchered 3D super woofer. 

Can you tell us about the idea behind the mix? 

Sunday rovers, the 17, 122, 123, 163, 164, and 167. MCWs and old Atlanteans. Cutdown popmates and edding alphabets. 

that "3D super woofer" might be a two-casette ghettoblaster
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Hitachi-3d-Super-Woofer-Boombox-Ghetto-Blaster-Trk-3d82-Boombox/13030442300

Archived