IGNORED

Autechre Resident Advisor Hip-Hop Mix

kiya

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chabraendeky said:

Could be. This part of the interview is chinese to me... any opinion, someone?

that "3D super woofer" might be a two-casette ghettoblaster
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Hitachi-3d-Super-Woofer-Boombox-Ghetto-Blaster-Trk-3d82-Boombox/13030442300

The Rovers could be their football team supported at the time.

List of bus numbers used.

Definitely ghetto blaster.

All late 80s vibes.

Lush.

in short ... definitely not my business, but if this is necessary as a Trojan horse for Stuff, then also vaporwave hip hop is welcome. I didn't think I'd ever write it. So I can say I have the proof: I'm a fanboy.

OP: thanks for the heads up. 

Interesting to hear where Autechre originally came from. Not - in contrast to the excellent Dekmantel podcast - a keeper. For me, anyway. I find hip hop to be terribly boring and his sort of old school stuff even more so. Amazing how it nevertheless inspired so many artists to create music that *is* actually interesting.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:45 AM, bitchroast said:

fFunny they mention the old tapes mix being unmastered as well when that shit sounds totally good and excellent and fine.

Yeah that bit from the interview really surprised me, I got the impression they had spent ages tidying it up and mixing/remixing. Crazy if that is just pure unedited early 90's stuff yet sounds so fresh!

Not checked out the RA mix yet will get on it later... and also excited about "stuff" ? 

I don't think it's pure unedited 90s stuff (but do however agree it sounds so fresh!)... if I've been following the bouncing ball correctly it seems like they digitized a bunch of tracks from the original tapes and made (arranged/processed) the Warp30 mixes from them.  My interpretation of the unmastered comment is that they didn't have any of the typical finishing polish applied to the mix but w/e.

This mix is good too, hadn't heard that Ultramagnetic track at the end before, dope stuff

On 7/30/2019 at 9:30 AM, rhmilo said:

OP: thanks for the heads up. 

Interesting to hear where Autechre originally came from. Not - in contrast to the excellent Dekmantel podcast - a keeper. For me, anyway. I find hip hop to be terribly boring and his sort of old school stuff even more so. Amazing how it nevertheless inspired so many artists to create music that *is* actually interesting.

Best not listen to Sublimit then…

Archived