^^ bolivia's current interim president is someone i can get behind 100%

Jeanine_Anez.jpg?w=1000

Edited by Nebraska

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

^^ bolivia's current interim president is someone i can get behind 100%

Jeanine_Anez.jpg?w=1000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanine_Áñez

Racism controversy

Through social media, Áñez has made remarks[39] towards indigenous peoples that have been described as "racist" by The Guardian,[40] "anti-indigenous" by the Agence France-Press,[41] and "provocative" by the New York Times.[42] Around 41% of the population of Bolivia identifies itself as indigenous.[42] On Twitter, she called the Aymara people's New Year celebration "satanic" and said that "nobody can replace God", and has implied that indigenous people were not genuine for wearing shoes.[41][36] María Galindo, an outspoken critic of Morales, described the government of Áñez as "anti-indigenous."[40] However, as acting president, Áñez has stated that she would keep the wiphala, the flag of indigenous Bolivian communities, as a co-official Flag of Bolivia, as it had been under Morales, declaring that she was committed to the fundamental task of "highlighting the unity [of the] plural and diverse" nation of Bolivia.[43]

appears legitimate to me not at all illegitimate

Edited by Zeffolia

Nebraska is currently plotting a coup dat ass, and my American interventionist cowboy side agrees with him, in the case of this smoldering malevolent cougar dictator. Life is about choices. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 4:11 AM, Candiru said:

The fucked up thing is that it's quite possible people will be more turned off by Bernie or Warren. Biden would have been much better off if he didn't say this, though. 

On 11/18/2019 at 4:11 AM, Candiru said:

The fucked up thing is that it's quite possible people will be more turned off by Bernie or Warren. Biden would have been much better off if he didn't say this, though. 

We're literally only talking about 50% of the population and not even that because polls literally account for a small percentage of actual eligible voters. I saw a tweet joke that Biden only leads polls because the only people answering Democrat landline polling efforts are racist boomers thinking their estranged children are calling. Either way, Trump's win pretty much threw out most election data crunching out of the window. 

Here's the thing, you talk to anyone who is broadly grossed out by politics and only topically into current events, and they are by and large dismissive of Biden, dismissive of any other candidate resembling HRC's liberalism. Joe Rogan bros were receptive AF to Sanders and Cornell West. They're only skeptical of Bernie or figures like AOC if they've been bombarded by misinformation memes. That's why the GOP leans so heavily on identity politics, otherwise the cat is out of the bag in regards to their actual policies. Unless they are full on alt right shrills or MAGA boomers any person who considers themselves decidedly not liberal or skeptical of Dems will concede that Sanders at least seems honest. That's a far more promishing gateway than "well Biden is the less shitty of two old senile white dudes"

There's just as strong an argument that more people will turn out to actually vote for Bernie and Warren, especially Bernie, than if Biden runs. W burnout aside, that's how Obama managed to win in 2008. New voters came out in the millions to vote for him. The overall turnout was lower in 2012 and 2016's turnout was one of the lowest in decades and Clinton still won the popular vote...

...which brings this back to swing states. The "fuck it" voters for Trump, those who hadn't voted before and/or are independents, moderates, former Obama voters, etc. will find Bernie a far more appealing candidate than any other Dem. He has far more intentional to attract new voters, who abstain out of disgust and apathy toward the status quo, than Biden or the other centrists have of swaying a handful of moderates or independents.

If Warren leans back to anti-wall street, anti-corruption, and anti-elite rhetoric she has a chance to appeal the way Bernie does. In terms of the front-runners they are all off-putting establishment figures who'd be considered center-right in any other country. Their policies are compromised and weak from the start, which means when the GOP destroys their efforts they'll come off as reasonable opponents. When they destroy efforts of a Sanders administration the GOP will be forced to actually explain why they oppose such overtly populist and democratic policies. In other words, they managed to decimate Obamacare of the years because it was a shitty compromised policy, if they vetoed a medicare for all bill by Sanders (or even Warren) they'll have much harder time not looking like the greedy elite scumbags they actually are. It will benefit the long-term political discourse in this country.

I'm voting for any Dem of course, because it means SCOTUS appointments and re-stacking federal agencies with competent personnel. But I cannot remotely consider anyone else to be promoting though or voting for besides Sanders. Biden is senile dinosaur who voted with Republicans on Iraq and the War Drugs, Buttigieg is literally a military-industrial complex alum who polls terribly with minorities, Warren is coming off as Obama 2.0 in terms of a likely promise vs reality disappointment. Gabbard and Castro have some promise but they are polling low. 

TLDR - I know there's no clear cut strategy but I'm skeptical of any effort to sway moderates and independents in 2020 when Trump has literally fulfilled our fears and officiated as an overly dishonest, vulgar, right-wing populist. It's going to be rough regardless and I much rather match him with Sanders (or maybe even Warren if she gets more hardline) so on the record we have substantive inverse narrative that has teeth. If Sanders loses (i.e. wins million in the popular but loses the electoral college as Gore and HRC have), so be it. At least it'd be a hard fight, an actual fuck you and fuck the corrupt establishment versus the same "oh, how dare you tsk tsk" shit the Dems have been essentially sticking with since 2016.

Edited by joshuatxuk
formatting fixed, last edit
  • Like 3

I know it's a fairly petty reason to throw support behind a candidate running for president, but I would love to see donnie boy get completely destroyed on stage during the 2020 presidential debates by Kamala Harris. I mean see him get totally emasculated and humiliated, turned into a sniveling toddler who's mumbling and blabbering completely unintelligible sounds. Maybe she'd even push him far enough that he snaps on live TV, starts hurling f-bombs and n-words at her. Realistically I don't think she'll make it that far, but of all the candidates right now most qualified to combat donnie's angry man-child debate tactics on stage, I think it's her.

^ I can def see the potential for her to totally get him flustered and dropping some slur or crude comment that would actually be polarizing to anyone beyond his hardcore followers. That actually needs to be the strategy of any Dem - just distract him with some ridiculous or absurd quip any rational person would otherwise laugh off. The most effective GOP primary debate against him was when Rubio pointed out his small hands. That was literally the most effective attack on Trump the entire campaign, because it literally got in his head and drove him nuts. 

On 11/21/2019 at 3:42 AM, joshuatxuk said:

Either way, Trump's win pretty much threw out most election data crunching out of the window. 

No it didn't. Most of the polling was accurate, within the margin of error. The polling was weakest in the rust belt where Trump did surprisingly well, mostly because they didn't do an awful lot of it. The national level polling was spot on.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

On 11/22/2019 at 5:14 AM, caze said:

No it didn't. Most of the polling was accurate, within the margin of error. The polling was weakest in the rust belt where Trump did surprisingly well, mostly because they didn't do an awful lot of it. The national level polling was spot on.

I do agree with this aspect of it.

of the 4 front runners

1 is completely senile

1 is a corporate mckinsey shill "smart guy" who went to oxford and harvard and has a divine belief he's owed power because of that

1 is a "policy wonk" who is actually extremely limp when anyone questions her or disapproves. also pretended to be a genocided and oppressed race for years. basically the smart guy in disguise.

1 has been passing progressive, pro-working class legislature in every scale of government for 40 years and has been unwavering in his support for the downtrodden and disadvantaged and highly critical of the billionaire robber barons of the current world. 

how is this a choice for anyone at all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

She seems like the go to VP candidate imo, if someone like Pete wants to make inroads with the Baptist voters, etc.  I can see her holding out for a front runner to hitch her wagon to.

31 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

is this real? i want to think it's fake because it's cringe as fuck. but he's so gaffed the fuck up it could very easily be real. 

edit holy shit it's real. wtf is he on. also, his bus says "NO MALARKEY"... it might as well say "HEY OLD PEOPLE"

biden-1575302995.jpg?crop=0.699xw:1.00xh

Edited by ignatius

7 minutes ago, ignatius said:

is this real? i want to think it's fake because it's cringe as fuck. but he's so gaffed the fuck up it could very easily be real. 

he also once had a run-in with a gang member called corn pop