big endorsement today. tim heidecker for bernie.

Wait, why am I endorsing anyone? Who cares? Who asked??

Let’s just say I’m supporting him and hope he becomes the Democratic nominee.

Its not easy, there’s a lot of good people running and I think many of them have good intentions and may make great presidents. I’ll happily support anyone running against Donald Trump later this year (HOLY SHIT LATER THIS YEAR THIS IS HAPPENING???)

I am not Bernie or Bust, and one of my big hesitations around supporting him has been the cultish online faction of zealots that appear online, you know, the Bernie Bros . I’ve come to appreciate that this is not generally representative of Bernie’s supporters and it seems like a lot of it is trolling, and voices meant to create misinformation and division. Sure there’s still passionate voices and I hope everyone can do as much as they can to keep the discourse civil as we work through the process of picking the Democratic Nominee. Although, a quick message to my blue hat yang gang friends: I hear you! Thanks! All the best to you!

Actually as I’ve been circling more and more around the idea of supporting Bernie, I’ve become inspired and moved by so many of his supporters that maybe some of that intractable and negative energy is subsiding.

There is no such thing as a perfect candidate but when it comes to the issues, there’s so much to be excited about with Bernie: Foreign Policy, Medicare For All, Climate Change and Environmental Policy, Taking big money out of politics, investing in our infrastructure and education, compassionate and forward thinking immigration policies… geez it’s all very exciting and possible isn’t it?

I am a realist and I understand we’re not electing a magic wizard who is going to turn America into a sparkling and worry free utopia, but we have to do something big and righteous and true: I have two small kids and I really don’t want them wondering one day if THEY should have kids because of the world we left them. Don’t you think I’d be a pretty cool pep-pep? A rad grand dad? That’s what this is all about. Anyway, vote Bernie…

I just donated $1000 to his campaign. Will you donate something? Peace.

https://medium.com/@thetimheidecker/wow-im-endorsing-bernie-sanders-8ffc8ff07b87

it makes me really happy to see creatives putting their voice in the fray. tim must do a ton of shit in red states. a huge slice of his revenue must be republicans. these guys generally have a real reluctance to put themselves out there politically. especially people like tim, who i think i've seen be serious 3 times, this being one of them.

Edited by very honest

Didn't Bloomberg just "run" to push the anti-Trump candidate? Whoever that may be? He already said he's going to spend a lot of money till election day no matter what. This means he's not even interested in becoming president, imo. He's more interested to be a counterweight to the bullshit industry Trump hired. Good for him, I'd argue. 

I've committed to Bernie for awhile now and until last night was quietly in the "Warren is my 2nd choice" camp. I've gradually accepted her campaign was getting watered down and weakened over the last year but good christ, I did not expect her to double down on the already desperate attack her campaign and following launched earlier this week. I know a lot of leftist peers of mine aren't shocked and have been essentially pointing out they've been saying she's been a shrill for months if not years now. That said I'm still personally disheartened by just how much she's sold out not just politically and ideologically but on personal level to Sanders. Sanders literally praised her and begged her to run in 2016. Also, fuck CNN. I've given them way too much tolerance personally, basically putting up with their faults while they got lambasted via doublespeak propaganda by Trump and the GOP as "fake news." In a surreal stroke of cruel irony, they've totally lived up to the claim.

• Like 2

^^ yeah that was beyond silly. warren pissed me off since she endorsed hillary and so i've seen her more of an establishment dem and not a real progressive. she's good working under a bureaucracy and certainly doesn't have leadership chops necessary

also: salute to the 7 managers of the impeachment trial. please vote guilty ASAP and let's get this show on the road

20 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Bernie Sanders has the best chances to win against Trump. The other candidates lack the substance to achieve that. I hope we can trust the American electorate this time

bernie's also the only one really worth becoming president. he's never changed any of his policies to match what's currently vogue or appeal to whatever fleeting "change" people currently want. the fact that some people are even considering biden for president proves to me they deserve trump for another term. there are almost never any choices when it comes to a presidential candidate but this time around, there's really only 2. 

• Like 5

The whole Warren/Sanders fiasco sounds like it was some kind of miscommunication or misunderstanding that they held off on reporting until it was damaging to him. That story doesn't benefit either one of them, but it does benefit CNN.

Also, a debate is not the time to bring up tabloid bullshit like that.

Sanders has the largest group of supporters that would not vote for any other candidate. Therefore, in the interest of beating Trump, the Warren, Gabbard and Yang supporters need to back Bernie. It's just that simple.

• Like 2

If Bernie becomes the candidate, the Democrats will win this time, at least everything points into that direction. Imagine all the crazy shit a Sanders administration could implement. It would improve the life of a lot of people and possibly prevent deaths. A lot is at stake here

21 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Imagine all the crazy shit a Sanders administration could implement. 

not much because the MO of the modern republican party is 100% complete obduracy. We need a senate and house super-majority. not gonna happen. luckily, in the last 20 years, the power of the presidency has increased, especially under Obama so we'll see. Hopefully if Sanders wins, RBG and Breyer will retire and he can push through two EXTREME leftist justices. that would go a long way to minimizing the disasters of kavanaugh and gorsuch (who politically is far worse than Kav)

• Like 2

warren is a neoliberal corporate shill and everyone except bernie needs to just walk off the stage and stop clowning around, the fact that they are trying to run against bernie by itself disqualifies them from being a good president because they lack the self awareness to know that he's the one who is both the best qualified, and the most likely to actually win against trump

fuck warren, fuck the dnc, fuck biden, fuck everyone, communist revolution right now, abolish private property, abolish jobs, abolish money

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Like 1

A lot will happen this year. Stay frosty and think strategically. We just need a dem to win(not Tulsi Gabbard though) no matter what. Don’t get too attached to Bernie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeffolia said:

warren is a neoliberal corporate shill and everyone except bernie needs to just walk off the stage and stop clowning around, the fact that they are trying to run against bernie by itself disqualifies them from being a good president because they lack the self awareness to know that he's the one who is both the best qualified, and the most likely to actually win against trump

fuck warren, fuck the dnc, fuck biden, fuck everyone, communist revolution right now, abolish private property, abolish jobs, abolish money

Warren is a snake, I agree. Her stunt last night confirmed it. But that last part would be playing right into the hands of Trump and his cult. The first thing I want to see is Trump out of office. But the last thing I want to see is the Progressive movement be co-opted by a bunch of unhinged anarchists.

11 hours ago, Candiru said:

A lot will happen this year. Stay frosty and think strategically. We just need a dem to win(not Tulsi Gabbard though) no matter what. Don’t get too attached to Bernie. 

Gabbard is def problematic (Indian nationalist ties particularly) but goddamn she has this chaotic trickster shit-stirring energy that pisses off the right people in the DNC. She's like Louise Belcher in Bob's Burgers or the queen bitch of any given season of any Bravo Housewives show. I hope she stays in a bit longer to deflect and/or absorb other potential establishment attacks on Bernie.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1