Jump to content
Zeffolia

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

Recommended Posts

If Bernie becomes the candidate, the Democrats will win this time, at least everything points into that direction. Imagine all the crazy shit a Sanders administration could implement. It would improve the life of a lot of people and possibly prevent deaths. A lot is at stake here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Imagine all the crazy shit a Sanders administration could implement. 

not much because the MO of the modern republican party is 100% complete obduracy. We need a senate and house super-majority. not gonna happen. luckily, in the last 20 years, the power of the presidency has increased, especially under Obama so we'll see. Hopefully if Sanders wins, RBG and Breyer will retire and he can push through two EXTREME leftist justices. that would go a long way to minimizing the disasters of kavanaugh and gorsuch (who politically is far worse than Kav)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Sieg Heil!

are you kidding? disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

warren is a neoliberal corporate shill and everyone except bernie needs to just walk off the stage and stop clowning around, the fact that they are trying to run against bernie by itself disqualifies them from being a good president because they lack the self awareness to know that he's the one who is both the best qualified, and the most likely to actually win against trump

fuck warren, fuck the dnc, fuck biden, fuck everyone, communist revolution right now, abolish private property, abolish jobs, abolish money

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot will happen this year. Stay frosty and think strategically. We just need a dem to win(not Tulsi Gabbard though) no matter what. Don’t get too attached to Bernie. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeffolia said:

warren is a neoliberal corporate shill and everyone except bernie needs to just walk off the stage and stop clowning around, the fact that they are trying to run against bernie by itself disqualifies them from being a good president because they lack the self awareness to know that he's the one who is both the best qualified, and the most likely to actually win against trump

fuck warren, fuck the dnc, fuck biden, fuck everyone, communist revolution right now, abolish private property, abolish jobs, abolish money

Warren is a snake, I agree. Her stunt last night confirmed it. But that last part would be playing right into the hands of Trump and his cult. The first thing I want to see is Trump out of office. But the last thing I want to see is the Progressive movement be co-opted by a bunch of unhinged anarchists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Candiru said:

A lot will happen this year. Stay frosty and think strategically. We just need a dem to win(not Tulsi Gabbard though) no matter what. Don’t get too attached to Bernie. 

Gabbard is def problematic (Indian nationalist ties particularly) but goddamn she has this chaotic trickster shit-stirring energy that pisses off the right people in the DNC. She's like Louise Belcher in Bob's Burgers or the queen bitch of any given season of any Bravo Housewives show. I hope she stays in a bit longer to deflect and/or absorb other potential establishment attacks on Bernie.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeffolia said:

communist revolution right now, abolish private property, abolish jobs, abolish money

to a new glorious era for mankind 

Spoiler

f31942a4d26934025a4ba63c5dac4b0f94409dfc

Spoiler

2019-11-09_11-09-10.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

based greta

obligatory fuck tankies tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My "detect Russian trolls" algorithm exploded after crunching this thread. Welcome to US politics, I guess. 

Here's some extra shit to get some nutters triggered: Chomsky explaining why you should always vote for the lesser evil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you guys rather a) have sex with Trump but nobody knows it or b) have no sex with Trump but everyone thinks you had?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A dem president probably won't get much done if the partisan politics of gridlock continues. You'd have to be very savy about timing. People said to wait on Obama care but he went forward and it helped people. In a climate of total obstructionism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

warren is no snake and no corporate shill. really wondering about the info streams consumed by some of you. she's the best candidate since barack. only disinfo is blinding people to it. 

Edited by very honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just learned about the audio from the end of the debate, when warren wouldn't shake hands with bernie. it's pretty amazing. warren confronts bernie for calling her a liar on national tv. bernie retreats like oh shit. 1 minute in:

i thought the split screen of this moment in the debate, in which the warren/bernie thing is broached, made warren look good.

 

background for those not following closely:

  • warren and bernie met ahead of deciding to campaign, in Dec 2018, at warren's DC condo.
  • recently word leaked that bernie had expressed doubt that a woman could win. 
  • after the media started reporting this hear-say, warren released a statement herself, to state herself how she remembered it:

i wonder if there was some ambiguity in the actual Dec '18 exchange. like bernie asked "do you think a woman can win" and she said "yes" and he said something like "i don't know". in this realistic scenario, she would be correct to describe him as having disagreed, and he would be correct to say he did not say a woman could not win.

the sentiment, which is a misconception that a woman may be at an electoral disadvantage, is a factor in the decision making of primary voters. democrats want a candidate who will beat trump. 

there's this weird thing that happens where someone who is not bigotted will hesitate to support a candidate because of the bigotry of others. it serves to amplify and enable the effect of bigotry. in the warren campaign they are aware of this sentiment, and it is disconcerting because it is plainly not true. Hillary won popular vote by 3 mil, 2016 was tossed by Cambridge Analytica, Putin, and Comey, etc.

to me, it's believable that something like the conversation occurred in that dec '18 meeting, in which warren invited bernie to her condo because they overlap in political following and both wanted to run. bernie had pushed for warren in 2016 and only announced himself running in 2016 after warren declined. i find it incomprehensible that warren could manufacture this. she is a genuine person. it's to be expected that she would mention bernie espousing this sentiment to someone else, eventually.

a lot of people get caught in this subtle shade of bigotry. i caught myself saying outloud "do you really think mayor pete could win, he's gay." i reflected on it afterward and realized that it is a strange dynamic in which someone who is not strictly bigotted can, in effect, reinforce bigotry. it's a dynamic worth pointing out.

it's not hard to believe that bernie could have expressed something like this idea. there is absolutely no reason warren would be sworn to secrecy about this ugly notion bernie voiced. she mentioned it to someone and word got out. this whole thing just illustrates and reinforces, for me, that warren is sharper and more on top of things than sanders.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

based greta

obligatory fuck tankies tho

some harassed a local DSA candidate a couple days ago, were protesting the "farce of voting" or some shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agree with pretty much everything you said there very honest. just not interested in trying to trade bullshit with Berniebros here or elsewhere. I like Bernie, I like Warren, I like Pete (a little) and I like some others enough. not sure any of them have a real good track to beating Trump tho, honestly Biden might be best for that. I truly hate to admit that possibility but it is real. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

warren got a college scholarship for debate. she holds her own in debates, even when people are coming at her. she demonstrates a quality of thoughtful presence that i don't see in any other candidate. bernie shouts messaging. biden butchers messaging. pete figures out what people want to hear in real time. klobuchar vibrates about how she can do it. yang thinks UBI is why he is good on climate change. warren is the only one who seems to be internalizing what it is to lead the US right now.

i wonder if bernie's ties to the word socialist would be poison in the general. it seems like most people voting GOP are doing so because of the safety-net vs sink-or-swim idealogy. also a lot of dem voters are susceptible to being swayed right based on it. bernie just flies the white flag on that. if he could win some trump supporters, it may be offset by GOP voters mobilized against a socialist, and dem voters chilled by the idea of electing an all-out socialist.

Edited by very honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bernie has large independent voter base support. warren has none of that. that alone is worth it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I’d love to see a gentleman like Bernie in office, can’t see it happening precisely because of his socialist credentials. Ironic given how much disposable income is doing the rounds, just google how much Yanks spend on their dogs sorry cats annually.

Too much money to be made with puppet alternatives at hand. If he did get in could easily envisage an assassination.

Good luck doe. Ultimate fuck you if Trump was a one-term president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not wishful thinking to say that Sanders has the best chances of all candidates including Trump at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, very honest said:

just learned about the audio from the end of the debate, when warren wouldn't shake hands with bernie. it's pretty amazing. warren confronts bernie for calling her a liar on national tv. bernie retreats like oh shit. 1 minute in:

i thought the split screen of this moment in the debate, in which the warren/bernie thing is broached, made warren look good.

 

background for those not following closely:

  • warren and bernie met ahead of deciding to campaign, in Dec 2018, at warren's DC condo.
  • recently word leaked that bernie had expressed doubt that a woman could win. 
  • after the media started reporting this hear-say, warren released a statement herself, to state herself how she remembered it:

i wonder if there was some ambiguity in the actual Dec '18 exchange. like bernie asked "do you think a woman can win" and she said "yes" and he said something like "i don't know". in this realistic scenario, she would be correct to describe him as having disagreed, and he would be correct to say he did not say a woman could not win.

the sentiment, which is a misconception that a woman may be at an electoral disadvantage, is a factor in the decision making of primary voters. democrats want a candidate who will beat trump. 

there's this weird thing that happens where someone who is not bigotted will hesitate to support a candidate because of the bigotry of others. it serves to amplify and enable the effect of bigotry. in the warren campaign they are aware of this sentiment, and it is disconcerting because it is plainly not true. Hillary won popular vote by 3 mil, 2016 was tossed by Cambridge Analytica, Putin, and Comey, etc.

to me, it's believable that something like the conversation occurred in that dec '18 meeting, in which warren invited bernie to her condo because they overlap in political following and both wanted to run. bernie had pushed for warren in 2016 and only announced himself running in 2016 after warren declined. i find it incomprehensible that warren could manufacture this. she is a genuine person. it's to be expected that she would mention bernie espousing this sentiment to someone else, eventually.

a lot of people get caught in this subtle shade of bigotry. i caught myself saying outloud "do you really think mayor pete could win, he's gay." i reflected on it afterward and realized that it is a strange dynamic in which someone who is not strictly bigotted can, in effect, reinforce bigotry. it's a dynamic worth pointing out.

it's not hard to believe that bernie could have expressed something like this idea. there is absolutely no reason warren would be sworn to secrecy about this ugly notion bernie voiced. she mentioned it to someone and word got out. this whole thing just illustrates and reinforces, for me, that warren is sharper and more on top of things than sanders.

it's pretty clear that it's manufactured or taken out of context, bernie has been pro-woman-president for decades and at most he made a statement regarding the status of the voter base and nothing regarding his personal feelings

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, very honest said:

warren is no snake and no corporate shill. really wondering about the info streams consumed by some of you. she's the best candidate since barack. only disinfo is blinding people to it. 

bernie has been a democratic socialist since back when warren was a republican.  she's not the best candidate since obama she's a liberal who bootlicks the bolivian coup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...