2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

I can't imagine the sort of third world sham democracy in which this sort of political ad would be acceptable.

From your opponents, even. Let alone from your own party. Sheesh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

I can't imagine the sort of third world sham democracy in which this sort of political ad would be acceptable.

From your opponents, even. Let alone from your own party. Sheesh.

lmao wtf

who are these people and why do their words matter? what ajoke

Ok, so the dmfi pac is behind this. 

Can I just say its silly all kinds of parties can run political ads. Even if they are not running. I'd hope thered be more regulations in place for running political ads. Itd be better to only allow political ads by parties who are actually taking part in an election, i'd argue. Instead of the current nonsense. 

I'm not saying I don't want Bernie to win - he'd absolutely be my choice. But Trump's going to win. Of course Trump is going to fucking win. The West is being taken over by the idiotic and stupid, all we can do is try to weather the storm.

44 minutes ago, BCM said:

I'm not saying I don't want Bernie to win - he'd absolutely be my choice. But Trump's going to win. Of course Trump is going to fucking win. The West is being taken over by the idiotic and stupid, all we can do is try to weather the storm.

If Bernie doesn't get the nomination Trump will win. If it's Sanders vs Trump I can see Sanders win. Can you not? I think that the widespread claim Sanders is nice but can never win is a lie spread by respective interest groups to sabotage his campaign. He has better chances than Biden and Warren to win against Trump. And Trump has worse chances than he had the last election which he by popular vote lost. I think blind pessimism is unrealistic and doesn't help to evaluate the situation

5 hours ago, BCM said:

does trump have more or less support than he had in 2016? he lost popular vote by 3 million votes and only won because of like 30,000 votes in Wisconsin and Michigan. 

if there's enthusiasm behind the democratic nominee then it'll be a close election. if voters don't turn out for the election then trump will win. dems need record voter turn out and young people to vote. 

elections years become dynamic so really there's no telling what will happen between now and then. trump will run on trade, security, tax breaks etc etc.. they're going to spin and lie everything he's done and make him into a shining fucking star who's made accomplishments "not seen by any other president in history" etc etc.. it's gonna be gross.  

none of that shit matters. what matters is there is unfortunately more fucking thick as shit people than there are people with intelligence. trump wins every time until this balance is tipped the other way.

hope we haven't forgot the 2018 elections for the senate.

the only reason trump will win, is if people don't vote. it's all about activation of people. trumps base is trumps base. it's not a growing base, as far as i'm aware. so the only way to push trump aside is to get people out to vote. it's really that simple.

this defeatist nonsense about trump winning again in 2020 is just that: nonsense. sounds like a narrative pushed by pro-trumpers to stop people from voting out of some form of hopelessness. don't believe that nonsense.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BCM said:

none of that shit matters. what matters is there is unfortunately more fucking thick as shit people than there are people with intelligence. trump wins every time until this balance is tipped the other way.

a minority of the population voted him in. stupid swing voters who blow around like tumbleweeds every election. 

hope we haven't forgot the 2018 elections for the senate.
the only reason trump will win, is if people don't vote. it's all about activation of people. trumps base is trumps base. it's not a growing base, as far as i'm aware. so the only way to push trump aside is to get people out to vote. it's really that simple.
this defeatist nonsense about trump winning again in 2020 is just that: nonsense. sounds like a narrative pushed by pro-trumpers to stop people from voting out of some form of hopelessness. don't believe that nonsense.
i hope you're right and i'm wrong. sincerely i do.
  • Like 2

Yeah, I really do think a lot of people voted for him based on the “lol fuck it” factor and thought that when someone becomes president, they get reigned in by the decorum and formality of the job(as well as congress, lol!). But then they saw the reality of it and thought “tha fuck did we do?” It’s all so delicate. The rest of the world has had enough sketchy shit in their recent history to know better, for the most part. Everyone took boring stability for granted. 

24 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

lol. Bold words considering how the 2004 election worked out for him. 

(For the record, I have never voted Republican, and never will.)

Edited by ambergonk

Just seen a couple of vids from a guy on youtube who sounds like he would be a typical GOP trump voter. Likely ex-military. And has a huge boner for the constitution. He makes some interesting points about the senate and all that. Possibly makes even a stronger case than dems because of his background.

Makes me think this failed impeachment trial won't have the desired result for the gop or trumps base.

And the constitutional boner part, being a harsh judge on the senate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1