1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

new candidate running for georgia congress, and i think it's fair to say with her last name being islam, she's not exactly going to be the most popular candidate

https://twitter.com/NabilahforGA07

she ain't ever held an office, she runs campaigns and worked for the DNC. also, there's obviously absolutely zero content in that video beyond biography bullshit and ideals

10 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

so... it's rigged... how does a phone app take 5 hours to report a few numbers.... absolute disaster 

the contract to make the app was probably given to some friend of the dnc who contracted out development and didnt do any stress or security testing

some sources say their security method was security through obscurity (i.e. none)

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/14/795906732/despite-election-security-fears-iowa-caucuses-will-use-new-smartphone-app

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

the contract to make the app was probably given to some friend of the dnc who contracted out development and didnt do any stress or security testing

some sources say their security method was security through obscurity (i.e. none)

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/14/795906732/despite-election-security-fears-iowa-caucuses-will-use-new-smartphone-app

Wtf is that?

Also, funny how nothing is mentioned about privacy issues. Perhaps I missed something, but isn't it obvious that apart from security issues, there's also going to be a dataset with all info about who voted for who? I know the US has vastly different ideas about privacy, but I'd expect this to be off limits. If this doesnt cross some red line, what will?

50 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

I'm starting to think that the DNC actually hates democracy

its basically time to start operating under the assumption that the US 'democracy' is actually completely illegitimate, because of things like this iowa caucus fuckup, widespread GOP gerrymandering, campaign financing from corporations, unsecure voting machines, quite frankly if anyone thinks we actually have a democracy i think theyre deluded, this includes me, its completely clear that the level of incompetence, negligence, or maliciousness here is so grand, so large, that it can't be denied anymore, this country is a dictatorship of capital, an oligarchy, an obvious police state, the US government is the largest terrorist organization on Earth and the only solution is a global proletarian revolution

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

So just woke up here in Sweden and from what I understand the CIA has rigged this caucus thing in order to induce a heart attack on senator Sanders?

Dunno if I'd go that far. But it's evident that many among the ruling elite hate him. 

37 minutes ago, ignatius said:

so do the republicans.. just for different reasons

Republican establishment is fine with outright dictatorship. Dem establishment is more focused on crony capitalism. At least that's how I understand it.

This is the desired result of people who want to sow distrust in the democratic process, so that you think they are rigging it against Bernie, increasing resentment among his base, making it more likely for Trump to get re-elected. Stay frosty. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dr lopez said:

so... it's rigged... how does a phone app take 5 hours to report a few numbers.... absolute disaster 

but pete already got his results and he won ?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, goDel said:

^^^ this. Please keep breathing and allow the facts to come forth and all that good stuff. Democracies work better if the people remain calm and collected.

remain calm and have trust in the democratic establishment, nothing to see here

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Facepalm 1

Some of the precincts have unofficially reported some stuff and if they're representative of the state as a whole, Biden will probably be in 4th or 5th place and the Biden/Sanders spread is pretty much the most important thing here IMO, so that would be good.

in case anyone's unaware, the Sanders campaign released numbers consisting of apparently 40% of all caucus results, based on the volunteers they had present who took notes.  much better organized than the IDP