36 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

sad but true. then when warren drops out she endorses biden and we have a repeat of 2016. 

Yeah this is a test for me. I think if she does endorse Biden that will be the writing on the wall of what she truly feels. I'm really curious to see what she does. If I had to guess I think she wouldn't endorse anyone until the general, which at this point is such a Warren thing to do.

Edited by Brisbot

3 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

why do you hate bernard so much? seriously why do you want these capitalists? are you rich or something protecting your interests?

Lol, no. It’s better to be slightly disappointed now, with say, Biden winning the primary, than SEVERELY disappointed the morning of November 4th, after Bernie loses. You might want to prepare yourself for it, from the looks of it. 

When I heard (highly informed, DC connected) people talking shit about Dems, I couldn’t help but get pissed. Like, WTF guys, this isn’t helpful, right? But over time and more discussion, I realized they were correct, and their criticism wasn’t out of partisanship or rigid idealism, but out of sincere desire to see the only viable party we have actually fucking win what should be an easy election. Meanwhile, here comes Bernie, who is electoral college suicide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candiru said:

Lol, no. It’s better to be slightly disappointed now, with say, Biden winning the primary, than SEVERELY disappointed the morning of November 4th, after Bernie loses. You might want to prepare yourself for it, from the looks of it. 

When I heard (highly informed, DC connected) people talking shit about Dems, I couldn’t help but get pissed. Like, WTF guys, this isn’t helpful, right? But over time and more discussion, I realized they were correct, and their criticism wasn’t out of partisanship or rigid idealism, but out of sincere desire to see the only viable party we have actually fucking win what should be an easy election. Meanwhile, here comes Bernie, who is electoral college suicide. 

Can you provide evidence of this?  RCP has Bernie beating Trump in every poll

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-6250.html#!

I am not a Trump supporter in any way but I laughed at "Sleepy Joe" pretty good. It's a bad sign. When you can capture your rabid base and your detractors alike, what can stop you?

I reckon it's not that complicated, Flav has had substance abuse problems forever

Yeah CNDI, I'm genuinely curious as to how you arrived there. I hold the contrary (arguably contrarian) viewpoint in that Bernie is best equipped to take down DICKHEAD in a general.  Dude went on Fox News, dropped science (plainspeak as to how it is, how it do), and got applause. No one in the media-capital-politik knew what to make of it, and TBH I think they still don't.  He will pull '16 trup votes over in ways other candidates have 0% chance of.  Biden is chum.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

I hold the contrary (arguably contrarian) viewpoint in that Bernie is best equipped to take down DICKHEAD in a general. 

4jLQFkX.png

hopefully both of these are stopped before they ruin civilization as we know it 

1. I knew Elizabeth Warren when I was a professor at the University of Pennsylvania. She was a right-wing Reaganite. And the University of Pennsylvania had the most progressive law school curriculum in the country. And this is Elizabeth Warren. And I taught a first year class called income security. Elizabeth Warren said “there is no more ridiculous idea than national healthcare.” That's the Elizabeth Warren I knew. She was in her 30s at this time. She was the henchwoman of the right-wing takeover to destroy the left-wing curriculum. I taught Worker's Rights, I taught the National Labor Rights Act, which doesn’t exist anymore, for the most part, it's not taught in any law school in the United States, I taught Income Security, and I taught Jurisprudence. Elizabeth was against all those things. I don't really know Elizabeth Warren personally, I just know her as a right-wing Republican. And somehow or another, God came out of the heavens and turned her into a Democrat, probably at the very moment that Derrick Bell stepped down from Harvard because he would not work anymore until they hired an African-American woman. Now she couldn't pretend she was Black, so she pretended she was African. She was Native American. That's not what we call people who are Native Americans, because they’re First Nations people. Apaches and Cherokees were nations. There's no such thing as a Native American. Elizabeth checked that box just as Derrick Bell was stepping down. She goes to Massachusetts and she becomes a Democrat. There is no more [of a] relentless, ruthless, nihilist that I have ever met in my entire life. Not Elizabeth Warren. She's right up there with Donald Trump. So I can't really support her. She did succeed in destroying that progressive curriculum. And that progressive curriculum is, you know, it’s one of those life things that you hold onto, right?
  2. So I don't trust Elizabeth Warren as far as I can throw her. She has no policy, she doesn't understand imperialism, and she has said she's a capitalist. What she really is is a technocrat who clawed her way to Harvard. I mean, that’s where you want to end up, right? If you're a law professor, you want to be at Harvard. Ok, she did that. She succeeded. But as President of the United States I wouldn't even dream of supporting her. Because Bernie Sanders, whatever you think of him, like me, was chaining himself to schools to [de]segregate them. Was protesting against the Vietnam war. There are people who have held onto values for a lifetime, and those, Slavoj, are the people I trust.

• Like 3

Just gonna drop this here, Robert Reich has grown a lot on me over the past couple of years for his ability to cut through the bullshit.  He's right about it not being a left v. right issue but a vertical one.

3 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Just gonna drop this here, Robert Reich has grown a lot on me over the past couple of years for his ability to cut through the bullshit.  He's right about it not being a left v. right issue but a vertical one.

I honestly do not know what I'm gonna do if it goes to a contested convention and Bloomberg gets the nomination because he's "bought" enough superdelegates.

I'm fine with voting for the "lesser of two evils" if my favorite candidate doesn't get the nomination and the nominee won fair and square (as fair as it can be), but I don't yet know how I would feel if I was forced to choose between Trump and Bloomberg, the latter having secured the nomination through the shady scenario described above.

Edited by randomsummer

17 minutes ago, auxien said:

Klobuchar is dropping out now too

this couldn't have helped her cause. and now that biden has offered donors a glimmer of hope in beating sanders, i'm guessing campaign funds were starting to dwindle as well

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i seem to remember the last time dws picked a candidate things didn't go so well. anyone else recall that or i'm i still dreaming?

What a useless gasbag.

Edited by randomsummer

welp: biden won virginia and is polling to win north carolina. i guess he's the best candidate to beat trump at the, you know, the thing

Edited by Nebraska