22 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

some people just cant handle that bernie is the only good candidate who is running. 

Bernie is probably the 3rd worst candidate still running, after Tulsi and Trump. Warren was a more pragmatic, somewhat less shit, version of Bernie (but without the principals and a pointless layer of woke bullshit on top). Bloomberg is also pretty terrible.

I don't have a problem with him personally, his heart is in the right place, he's genuine, he's got principals (they just happen to be terrible principals). His righteous anger is a bit much at times though, after a while it just comes off as whiny and sanctimonious, he could do with chilling out a bit, focus on positive aspects of his campaign rather than attacking the people he wants to vote for him. He's not a very good politician though, so that was probably too much to ask.

None of the other serious candidates were particularly exciting, Yang was the only one I had any genuine excitement for, but at least they wouldn't make the world an objectively worse place.

For me, not being American, the only seriously important issue at the end of the day was climate change, and Bernie was by far the worst candidate on that issue (Tulsi close 2nd). Even Trump for all his retardation would probably do less damage. Yang was the best here, but Biden is decent. Trade policy probably next most important, and Bernie is as bad as Trump on that score. On foreign policy Bernie wasn't too bad in actually, unlike most other far-left weirdos he hasn't bought into the dumb Corbynite/Chomskyan view of the world ("the west is evil, the enemies of the west are good actually") - but Biden is gonna be fine there too.  

Edited by caze
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, azatoth said:

It will be fun to see the general election with two demented doddering fools sundowning in the debates. The orange fool will win of course because America.

the orange one is a god on the debate stage. although if they both get stuck in a  loop after getting too worked up they could form a kind super dementia and gibbering nonsense in some kind of epileptic fit 

What they say they will do and what will get done are two different things. Also, Taxing the wealthy. How do you do that exactly?

14 minutes ago, caze said:

Bernie is probably the 3rd worst candidate still running, after Tulsi and Trump. Warren was a more pragmatic, somewhat less shit, version of Bernie (but without the principals and a pointless layer of woke bullshit on top). Bloomberg is also pretty terrible.

I don't have a problem with him personally, his heart is in the right place, he's genuine, he's got principals (they just happen to be terrible principals). His righteous anger is a bit much at times though, after a while it just comes off as whiny and sanctimonious, he could do with chilling out a bit, focus on positive aspects of his campaign rather than attacking the people he wants to vote for him. He's not a very good politician though, so that was probably too much to ask.

None of the other serious candidates were particularly exciting, Yang was the only one I had any genuine excitement for, but at least they wouldn't make the world an objectively worse place.

For me, not being American, the only seriously important issue at the end of the day was climate change, and Bernie was by far the worst candidate on that issue (Tulsi close 2nd). Even Trump for all his retardation would probably do less damage. Yang was the best here, but Biden is decent. Trade policy probably next most important, and Bernie is as bad as Trump on that score. On foreign policy Bernie wasn't too bad in actually, unlike most other far-left weirdos he hasn't bought into the dumb Corbynite/Chomskyan view of the world ("the west is evil, the enemies of the west are good actually") - but Biden is gonna be fine there too.  

jesus christ

4 minutes ago, caze said:

heh. I've finally broken zeff, he's run out of the rote marxist doctrine to quote at me.

trump is a climate change denier who exited the paris climate accords and yet he's better on the climate than bernie sanders? you're completely wrong and an imbecilic trump supporter.  i've ran out of effort to bother wasting on you

that's not even taking into account that trump is a fascist who, like all disgusting imperialist US presidents, uses concentration camps to keep mexicans in.

• Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1

23 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Trump won't even show up to debate Biden. My prediction. 

Wouldn't surprise me. Although I still suspect he will show up. He did so too against the Hillz. So he might have some confidence going up against whoever is the next dem candidate. 

18 minutes ago, goDel said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Although I still suspect he will show up. He did so too against the Hillz. So he might have some confidence going up against whoever is the next dem candidate. 

Well, for as much as people are mentioning Biden's cognitive decline, Trump wouldn't be able to fake it til he makes it this time. 

4 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

i dont care how much it fucking costs, i'd sooner seize every mansion, yacht, luxury car, and every billionaire's wealth, than sit by with this bullshit any longer.  actual humans are sick of neolibs who are themselves disconnected from the reality of the effects of the economic policies they want

im curious, if it comes down to biden v trump - will u vote?

Trump will be high on whatever he was sniffing before those debates against Hillz. Add some Roger Stone like anger in the mix and it's going to be fireworks. But the kind of fireworks I'd rather ignore. The shitshow kind. I will not put in any effort to watch those debates. Id rather watch my own excrement being sucked into the sewer while I flush the toilet. Way more informative and satisfying. 

• Farnsworth 1

Just now, MIXL2 said:

im curious, if it comes down to biden v trump - will u vote?

of course i will vote for biden over trump, because non-voting doesn't help anyone and voting takes minimal time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

trump is a climate change denier who exited the paris climate accords and yet he's better on the climate than bernie sanders? you're completely wrong and an imbecilic trump supporter.  i've ran out of effort to bother wasting on you

that's not even taking into account that trump is a fascist who, like all disgusting imperialist US presidents, uses concentration camps to keep mexicans in.

sometimes well meaning ignorance can be more dangerous than mendacious buffoonery. Sanders plan is to shutter all US nuclear plants within 10 years, cancel all licences for new nuclear immediately, and ban fracking. this would lead to the continued use and revival of coal power, not only ruining any chance of the US becoming carbon neutral any time soon, but increasing air pollution and deaths from lung cancer and other diseases (including neurological development problems caused by heavy metal poisoning). killing the US nuclear industry would have far wider repercussions than just keeping up US emissions though, the rest of the world needs US know-how if it's going to decarbonise at the required rate to keep shit below 2c warming. we need to be churning out fleets of SMRs and micro-reactors over the next couple of decades. and fracking isn't ideal, but natural gas is the least bad fossil fuel, by a significant degree, and vital in helping with the roll-out of renewables thanks to intermittency. we'll need to keep gas around at a minimum until all the coal plants have been shuttered, and probably longer - until we have sufficient load-following capacity to replace it.

lol @ thinking I'm a Trump supporter. you've lost the plot zeff, I think you need to have a lie down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, caze said:

sometimes well meaning ignorance can be more dangerous than mendacious buffoonery. Sanders plan is to shutter all US nuclear plants within 10 years, cancel all licences for new nuclear immediately, and ban fracking. this would lead to the continued use and revival of coal power, not only ruining any chance of the US becoming carbon neutral any time soon, but increasing air pollution and deaths from lung cancer and other diseases (including neurological development problems caused by heavy metal poisoning). killing the US nuclear industry would have far wider repercussions than just keeping up US emissions though, the rest of the world needs US know-how if it's going to decarbonise at the required rate to keep shit below 2c warming. we need to be churning out fleets of SMRs and micro-reactors over the next couple of decades. and fracking isn't ideal, but natural gas is the least bad fossil fuel, by a significant degree, and vital in helping with the roll-out of renewables thanks to intermittency. we'll need to keep gas around at a minimum until all the coal plants have been shuttered, and probably longer - until we have sufficient load-following capacity to replace it.

lol @ thinking I'm a Trump supporter. you've lost the plot zeff, I think you need to have a lie down.

I misread one of your past posts ranking bernie/trump/tulsi and for some reason thought you were ranking Trump/Tulsi above Bernie.  Not sure why reading back

Anyway most economic activity in the US is unneeded.  we don't need animal agriculture and plenty of other shit.  plenty of jobs are useless and contribute nothing to the advancement of anyone's lives or America's means of production.  what we need is a decrease in energy usage and decentralized renewable energy, not centralized nuclear which is prone to cost overruns and environmental catastrophes.  nobody can run nuclear in their back yard.  if you cared about climate change as much as you claim to you'd prioritize the abolition of factory farming and energy waste.  switching to a vegan neo-amish communal society would help us a lot more than any nuclear energy plants will

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Trump is going to win again, it doesn't matter which candidate the Dems bring forth in the end

How much money have you made with gambling? Just curious 

It's just a feeling that I have, I'm not necessarily saying he should win (although I am not a fan of any of the Democratic candidates since I do consider myself right wing)

Edited by thumbass

Nah, Biden's the nominee, we good. He gets the swing states Bernie doesn't. If Bernie was the nominee you'd be hearing a lot more about Cuba you didn't before and he'd lose Florida. Bam. Focus on the feeling of getting rid of Trump and having a more cooperative environment for a progressive agenda because that's how we move forward now. It's not bad at all. Just vote against Trump. Life goes on. 

• Like 1