We shouldn’t be happy about this. Relieved, sure, but not happy. Half the country voted for this wannabe dictator, even after all the shit he said and did. They aren’t going away. They seem to be growing in number. This was close, way too close, and Trump beat Obama’s record for largest amount of votes (as did Biden). The problems are here, they’re deep, and they’re probably going to get worse.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

Might as well get a few more games in before Deutsche Bank starts seizing his assets.

i do not envy anyone who has to seize his 'assets'. my god has melania not been through enough..

2 minutes ago, Blir said:

It's getting better and better. Trump tweets he's making an announcement at the Four Seasons in Philadelphia...

image.thumb.png.9164fad38c4b4ef9c0cb7f5d4fa39179.png

image.thumb.png.c0b1800bfc51662155b9d9e82e66485e.png

LMAO

seasongate

9 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Yeah fuck's sake, how is voting Trump out not cause for celebration? We cut out a large tumor. That's progress. 

sure but his replacement isnt much to jump for joy about either

Sorry to be a debbie-downer, but that's a surgical removal of a tumour while the cancer has metastazied in the liver and has spread to the brain of this, Our Great Country. We be celebrating the hacking of a rapidly decomposing corpse. Granted, that's a bit dramatic, but we shouldn't be patting ourselves on the back over this terribly weak showing. We have to remain vigilant now, and brace ourselves for whatever nutty declarations Trump will signal to his rather substantive base. These are the people with guns, who organize Weekend-Warrior militia groups like the three-percenters or the oathkeepers. They all believe the weird things that Trump says about the election being stolen, and they are ready for a civil war. Listen: https://www.npr.org/2020/10/28/928644025/after-covering-civil-war-overseas-journalist-examines-u-s-militia-movement 

The size of the Trump base is what's truly disturbing me right now: it's much worse than I thought. I thought (given 2016) that his support was a sizable minority: just enough and distributed just right to secure the electoral college victory. While he didn't secure it this time, what this shows is far more people were willing to vote for this guy--despite all that he said and did to undermine democracy--than a mere 30%. It was basically half of this fucking country. 

Fuck this. No, we should not be happy. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, milkface said:

sure but his replacement isnt much to jump for joy about either

It's not about that. It's never been about that. It's simply about Trump not being the president after Jan 20 2021.

But yeah, it's gonna be an uphill battle.

Just saw an interview with a female Trump supporter who says that this election has been a fraud. She journalists says, "but there's no evidence of that" and the supporter says, "Doesn't matter".

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Candiru said:

He’s gonna leave an upper decker before he exits DC. Literally and figuratively. 

yeah, we've got to get at least one public shitting incident out of him before he leaves. I've been waiting 4 years to see a long, wet, brown stain creep down his pant leg as he's at the podium.

12 minutes ago, apriorion said:

Sorry to be a debbie-downer, but that's a surgical removal of a tumour while the cancer has metastazied in the liver and has spread to the brain of this, Our Great Country. We be celebrating the hacking of a rapidly decomposing corpse. Granted, that's a bit dramatic, but we shouldn't be patting ourselves on the back over this terribly weak showing. We have to remain vigilant now, and brace ourselves for whatever nutty declarations Trump will signal to his rather substantive base. These are the people with guns, who organize Weekend-Warrior militia groups like the three-percenters or the oathkeepers. They all believe the weird things that Trump says about the election being stolen, and they are ready for a civil war. Listen: https://www.npr.org/2020/10/28/928644025/after-covering-civil-war-overseas-journalist-examines-u-s-militia-movement 

The size of the Trump base is what's truly disturbing me right now: it's much worse than I thought. I thought (given 2016) that his support was a sizable minority: just enough and distributed just right to secure the electoral college victory. While he didn't secure it this time, what this shows is far more people were willing to vote for this guy--despite all that he said and did to undermine democracy--than a mere 30%. It was basically half of this fucking country. 

it is super fucked so many people still voted for him but i'm guessing a lot of them just voted for the republican like always.. his MAGA core is smaller than the votes he received. still it's painful. 

getting rid of trump tumor is the first step in treatment.. now we start hitting the body with chemo and radiation.

there's a lot of work to do and getting through trump is a big deal. he's going to get trump TV going and i'm sure douchebags like alex jones will have a show so a lot of the trump base will be consumed with conspiracy and insanity tin foil hat shit for a long time. 

i expect the FBI will go deeper on keeping up with white supremacists and militias.. and qanon etc.. the FBI and intelligence services are all sighing a breath of relief to be able to get back to serious work. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, apriorion said:

Trump has a cult, that cult gave him a machine and momentum. The machine is starting to be dismantled, the momentum is slowing, and while some of the cult will remain, without the platform of POTUS, they will dwindle too.

What we just won is definitely just a battle, but we haven't lost the war yet.

• Like 5

Just now, sweepstakes said:

Trump has a cult, that cult gave him a machine and momentum. The machine is starting to be dismantled, the momentum is slowing, and while some of the cult will remain, without the platform of POTUS, they will dwindle too.

What we just won is definitely just a battle, but we haven't lost the war yet.

Fair enough. Look, I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief too. But I'm still thoroughly shocked how many people still voted for Trump. I'm going to let go of it for today. Sorry to bring everyone else down with my pessimism. It isn't easy for me to accept the good, especially when the bad is so overwhelmingly present. But there's still good, and I'll focus on that from now on this weekend. 

• Like 2