Washington Examiner is a conservative outlet. They're saying Trump needs to tap out.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/its-time-for-trump-to-concede-and-move-on

The president’s legal team increasingly looks as though it is flinging mud to see what sticks, rather than pursuing a coherent course of litigation. Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell asserted, "What we are really dealing with here, and uncovering more by the day, is the massive influence of communist money through Venezuela, Cuba, and likely China in the interference in our elections here in the United States." She claimed that voting systems used in the U.S. "were created in Venezuela at the direction of Hugo Chavez to make sure he never lost an election," and that Trump actually won more than 80 million votes, meaning 7 million Trump votes were switched to Biden. If voting machines were switching that many votes, they would have been uncovered in the Georgia hand-count.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-fraud-insight-idUSKBN2801D4

not sure why big T isn't giving the order. patriots around the country are waiting for orders

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

As crazy as Trump seems to be. I don't think he has an interest in being the one who started the second civil war. The dude is just a conman who claims to be a business man and has had tons of money his whole life. I think if someone from the lower or middle class was in Trump's position, with his "ideals" then there would be a good chance marching orders would have already been underway.

There's also the fact that if he did ask for that, it would be quickly stifled by the armed forces, and then Trump would be charged with attempted murder of tons of people. Lol

1 hour ago, hijexx said:

Washington Examiner is a conservative outlet. They're saying Trump needs to tap out.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/its-time-for-trump-to-concede-and-move-on

Wow, it looks like they are smashing together names and phrases of everything that the alt-right hates and hoping something will happen. So many conservative buzz words.

Looking at this whole mess I realize that the reason authoritarian govts happen so often over and over is because fascist/authoritarians are willing to do almost anything to get in power. Whereas in democracy there are sets of unstated rules that wouldn't be broken if the parties in question held up a fair-ish election on their principles.

• Like 2

no one saw this coming... ?

Wisconsin officials: Trump observers obstructing recount

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-wisconsin-elections-dcb7da95578fc7289122c6d372575a9b

oh and fucking LOL.  i hope they do. i hope this is some psyops started on facebook or something that a bunch of chuds grabbed on to as a form of resistance. 

Trump Supporters in Georgia Threaten to Destroy GOP, Boycott Runoff Elections

https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-trump-supporters-destroy-gop-boycott-senate-runoffs-1549245

Edited by ignatius
  • Facepalm 1

no.  FU MIchael george conway. conway is kellyanne's husband and a republican so it's not unusual he'd feel this way but fuck that. 

edit: different  conway

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, ignatius said:

no.  FU george conway. conway is kellyanne's husband and a republican so it's not unusual he'd feel this way but fuck that. 

That’s not Big Georgie C, though.  

This is George:

Edited by baph
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

What we really need now is that ghost of christmas future to come and visit those 70% of Rs who think the election was rigged.  They need to be shown what will become of this country if they continue their moronic behavior.  Even with that, I'd doubt that many of them would change their behavior.  This may take a generation or 1.5 generations to fully cleanse, if we're lucky.

34 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

fucken finally. also michigan certified the election. 

i saw another story reporting that trump is complaining to those around him.. worried his legal team is making him look bad. lol. idiot. 

• Like 1

I wonder if it would have been better for trump to not take it to court. Now there’s a ton of well documented holes in the fraud/dominion stories. But then they’d have to think up a reason why they DIDNT go to court. Base would still eat it up either way

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

I wonder how much of a chance Trump would have to win in 2024, and if there is anything he could do to make enough people like him again in the meantime for a decent shot.

hard to say. if the investigations into him and his family are smartly pursued and the charges and fines etc have teeth then it'll be hard for trump to rally and come back from that. He also might decide he's had enough and just make whatever grift he can. he seems rather sturdy as far as his health goes (though his brain is another question) so if he holds up, isn't royally fucked with fines, prison, health etc.. then who knows what the odds of him running in 2024 are? 

also, depends on who else is running. the world could turn upside down 3 or 4 times by then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

hard to say. if the investigations into him and his family are smartly pursued and the charges and fines etc have teeth then it'll be hard for trump to rally and come back from that.

ball park what do you think his chances are of Trump actually serving time or selling his stuff to pay for the debt. I just don't see a former president ever going to jail as our govt. would think the world would view it as disgraceful. In addition, there is the fact he has 74 Million "fans" who would probably protest whatever prison Trump is at and maybe become violent at some point. So it just seems like at most maybe he will have to sell assets or something... maybe do 6 months in a lovely two story prison house.

I feel the democrats will try their best to ignore Trump over the next few years. That's their usual game plan anyway. I also don't think Trump has that long left to live unless he starts eating healthy.

Edited by Brisbot

Just now, dr lopez said:

god i wish he had actually followed up on putting hillary in jail

Goes to show they don't mean it really. It's all reality tv, and the time spent watching Hillary's email scandal or Trumps numerous scandal's, will have been wasted.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

ball park what do you think his chances are of Trump actually serving time or selling his stuff to pay for the debt. I just don't see a former president ever going to jail as our govt. would think the world would view it as disgraceful. In addition, there is the fact he has 74 Million "fans" so it just seems like at most maybe he will have to sell assets or something... maybe do 6 months in a lovely two story prison house.

I feel the democrats will try their best to ignore Trump over the next few years. That's their usual game plan anyway.

there's plenty of people who see him as a threat... it's not just that he's polarizing nad hated.. but he's a tyrant and flaunted so much that was normal about so many things. i think the establishment on both sides of hte aisle will be releived to be rid of him. not all of them of course. 

as for a president going to jail.. if ever there was a chance to get people to believe in the rule of law in america.. this is it. 

i agree it's a tough road to get there.. to where an ex president is in jail.. other than his base and some fanatics he doesn't have much sympathy. his very presence is offensive to a lot of people. do enough people in the upper tiers of state and federal prosecutors and investigators feel that way? time will tell. at some point, to have any credibility with the people, an oligarchical type of figure needs to get served.. EFFED IN THE A.  trump is a good opportunity for that to happen.. to make an example of.. if the charges are there.. if the evidence is there.. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2