26 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

mfw trump spent all that time watching the gorilla channel in order to prepare for gorilla warfare

I keep seeing maga idiots on social media calling for “succession” lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I keep seeing maga idiots on social media calling for “succession” lol

we need some real investment in education. americans are getting dumber every day. 

What patriots. Calling for the destruction of the union just because their ‘80s business villain reality-TV show one-term president didn’t get the electoral votes, even though he lost the popular vote (again). 
And they can’t even spell their calls for treason correctly. Of course. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, apriorion said:

What patriots. Calling for the destruction of the union just because their ‘80s business villain reality-TV show one-term president didn’t get the electoral votes, even though he lost the popular vote (again). 
And they can’t even spell their calls for treason correctly. Of course. 

cunts. 

where's the napalm when ya need it? 

Edited by ignatius

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

we need some real investment in education. americans are getting dumber every day. 

The brief those idiots filed with the SCOTUS misspelled “Louisiana” fucking disbar Giuliani already. Lin Wood spelled his own name wrong as well.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/lin-wood-misspells-his-own-name-among-other-mistakes-in-bizarre-scotus-brief-supporting-ken-paxton/

• Like 1

Why are muricans so susceptible to cults? Is it as simple as there being tons of thickos, and no-one has any scruples when it comes to exploiting them? There's like (at least) 5 or 6 intersecting but distinct cults involved in trumps base.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ignatius said:

cunts. 

where's the napalm when ya need it? 

These delusional idiots seem to think of themselves as a cross between Wolverine and the Punisher, with a healthy dose of COD thrown in. 

On 12/12/2020 at 6:29 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The brief those idiots filed with the SCOTUS misspelled “Louisiana” fucking disbar Giuliani already. Lin Wood spelled his own name wrong as well.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/lin-wood-misspells-his-own-name-among-other-mistakes-in-bizarre-scotus-brief-supporting-ken-paxton/

I really want to think that they have actually put in the maximum amount of effort for them. To think they actually know what they're doing is far less entertaining.

On 12/13/2020 at 5:10 AM, Amen Warrior said:

Why are muricans so susceptible to cults? Is it as simple as there being tons of thickos, and no-one has any scruples when it comes to exploiting them? There's like (at least) 5 or 6 intersecting but distinct cults involved in trumps base.

probably could be traced back to the whole evangelical thing. the preacher in a tent bringing religion to the undereducated country folk seems to be uniquely American. that shit is still intertwined in the psyche of huge chunks of the population, especially in the South where the maga base is mostly clustered.

the interesting thing about donnie being cult leader, is there is nothing mysterious about him. normally cult leaders have some sort of unknown quality about them, which helps draw people in. but here everyone knows his entire spoiled brat history, and they still believe the crap he spews out haphazardly. he could practically say "I have no clue what I'm doing, I'm just here for the attention and to make money off all you stupid fucks" and the red hats would still cheer wildly and vote for him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, zero said:

the interesting thing about donnie being cult leader, is there is nothing mysterious about him. normally cult leaders have some sort of unknown quality about them, which helps draw people in. but here everyone knows his entire spoiled brat history, and they still believe the crap he spews out haphazardly. he could practically say "I have no clue what I'm doing, I'm just here for the attention and to make money off all you stupid fucks" and the red hats would still cheer wildly and vote for him. 

Most Americans are raised with a sense of exceptionalism and entitlement, "Murica is the greatest, most powerful country", etc.  This makes it very easy for them to look for people to blame when things aren't going the way they think it should in their individual lives.  They live in the greatest country ever, why shouldn't their lives be the greatest ever, and why shouldn't they be more rich than anyone else in any other country?  Thus they are always eager to blame others for their problems.

In my personal experience, Donnie frames himself (falsely) as being "oppressed" by "the system", and always attacked by "the establishment".  Using these vague terms allows him to create a sense of comradery with people who:

• have failed to achieve in life (often because of their own below-average intelligence or work ethic) and rather than face the truth, or have the intelligence and introspection to find the truth, find it easier to blame their self-perceived, shortchanged lot in life as resulting from being "oppressed" by "the system".  It's not their fault they aren't rich, the system is rigged against them.
  • distrust minorities (consciously or subconsciously) and believe that they are not succeeding in life or that their way of life is threatened because minorities are stealing their opportunities, and that "the establishment" is creating an unlevel playing field that favors minorities over themselves.

I believe that the vast majority of his base come from people described above, and the way that Donnie frames himself, as an "outsider" trying to "make america great again", is why these people will follow him to the grave over any other traditional politician.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

I believe that the vast majority of his base come from people described above, and the way that Donnie frames himself, as an "outsider" trying to "make america great again", is why these people will follow him to the grave over any other traditional politician.

absolutely. and as you mentioned, he was never oppressed by the system or let down by "the man," which makes it all that much more head-scratching as to why people believe this. in his long-winded rants he implies that he was, but then never backs it up with proof, or his proof is so unintelligible that it is up to the listener to draw their own fantastical depiction of this happening to him. the truth is if he ever was oppressed by any system anywhere, it was more than likely his own fault, due to some sketchy ass business deal that "the man" was trying to squash because it was illegal/immoral in the first place. 

Edited by zero

2 hours ago, randomsummer said:

Most Americans are raised with a sense of exceptionalism and entitlement, "Murica is the greatest, most powerful country", etc.  This makes it very easy for them to look for people to blame when things aren't going the way they think it should in their individual lives.  They live in the greatest country ever, why shouldn't their lives be the greatest ever, and why shouldn't they be more rich than anyone else in any other country?  Thus they are always eager to blame others for their problems.

In my personal experience, Donnie frames himself (falsely) as being "oppressed" by "the system", and always attacked by "the establishment".  Using these vague terms allows him to create a sense of comradery with people who:

• have failed to achieve in life (often because of their own below-average intelligence or work ethic) and rather than face the truth, or have the intelligence and introspection to find the truth, find it easier to blame their self-perceived, shortchanged lot in life as resulting from being "oppressed" by "the system".  It's not their fault they aren't rich, the system is rigged against them.
  • distrust minorities (consciously or subconsciously) and believe that they are not succeeding in life or that their way of life is threatened because minorities are stealing their opportunities, and that "the establishment" is creating an unlevel playing field that favors minorities over themselves.

to be fair, america is number 1

god blessed it

electoral college makes huge mistake

Joe Biden officially clinched the presidency after the Electoral College confirmed his victory Monday, capping a tumultuous period sparked by Donald Trump’s refusal to acknowledge he lost with the help of Republicans willing to support his unsubstantiated claims.

they just ignored all the voter fraud

• Farnsworth 1

at least all the legal challenges and recounts and everything serve to reinforce the legitimacy of the election processes. trump's con to undermine the democracy for money will net him some cash, but, if he is doing it as a favor to putin, then that function backfires, a bit. of course, the message still needs to reach the illiterates. and, hopefully, none of them harm anybody. 

deep shame is what trump's ilk have earned themselves, by manipulating the less educated, for personal gain, and in such a reckless and harmful way.

Edited by very honest