12 hours ago, dr lopez said:

hmm you must not have been to new york before

I have, but point taken. I'm sure there are a lot of high strung, jabbering, type A salespeople/stock brokers out there that act the same way.

5 hours ago, zero said:

I have, but point taken. I'm sure there are a lot of high strung, jabbering, type A salespeople/stock brokers out there that act the same way.

It was a rude awakening growing up in Ohio and being taught that honesty is super important, then moving to California where everyone lies about literally fucking everything.

• Like 1

Ah, the hail Mary approach. Sounds like he's terrified he's going to lose.

Re:

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

a fly lands on the vice president's head, sits there for 2 minutes, then the next day a new Autechre album is surprise released... something doesn't feel right here...I think the matrix we're in is glitching the fuck out

• Like 1

georgetown nat sec law prof katyal is great. trump pushing barr to use doj to bash the election really is something. 

one of the things to worry about with the election is gop state legislatures, who can fuck with election operations as they please. case in point: texas is presently trying to toss things.

the other big thing is doj. there's already been multiple salvos from barr's doj, it has begun. and trump is repeatedly, publicly instructing barr to arrest biden!  

https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-podcast-scott-anderson-state-election-rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCtsfwdBkr0

Edited by very honest

and, as discussed in the links i put above, we don't want to see DOJ being deployed to seize ballots, arrest election officials, or take control of sites of election operations, under pretense of alleged election crimes. it is time for the populace to be alert, engaged, in discussion, participating, and keeping an eye on things. 

interesting to see political pressure at work. mcconnell seems to be fearing for his skin, and so is publicly detaching himself from orange julius, to a degree. barr, we know, lacks integrity and trustworthiness, and has been willing to misuse the Dept of Justice, politically (the identifier of a despot). the career public servants of doj have been letting it be known that they see what he is doing that it is not ok and that they will not all go along with it, and i think that accounts for him, hopefully, thinking twice about some things, at least.

this is really fucked up though. 

Edited by very honest

If anyone still thinks Dems and Reps are the same...

Local news is reporting that many of the fake, black ballot boxes are in front of churches and priests are encouraging people to use them. 
Isn’t America supposed to be a democracy? 
Seriously. How can anyone vote republican (let alone believe them) with a good conscience? 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:46 AM, zero said:

something doesn't feel right here...I think the matrix we're in is glitching the fuck out

I agree, something is happening

14 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

If anyone still thinks Dems and Reps are the same...

Local news is reporting that many of the fake, black ballot boxes are in front of churches and priests are encouraging people to use them. 
Isn’t America supposed to be a democracy? 
Seriously. How can anyone vote republican (let alone believe them) with a good conscience? 

Not sure I understand.. why would Republicans place fake boxes in places like OC outside of churches (majority Repub area).. Wouldn´t the strategic move be to place them in Democratic areas (also swing states) in order to hoover up D votes and not deliver them to the real poll counters?  Shitty either way, but also makes no sense

3 hours ago, markedone said:

Not sure I understand.. why would Republicans place fake boxes in places like OC outside of churches (majority Repub area).. Wouldn´t the strategic move be to place them in Democratic areas (also swing states) in order to hoover up D votes and not deliver them to the real poll counters?  Shitty either way, but also makes no sense

Sensibility is not a trademark of the Republican party.