1 hour ago, Braintree said:

Sensibility is not a trademark of the Republican party.

yeah, I was going to say if you apply toddler logic it makes perfect sense.

kinda like "ha ha, we got ya!" and the people they "got" are themselves. "we're gonna burn all these ballots," not realizing most of them are for trump anyway.

13 minutes ago, zero said:

yeah, I was going to say if you apply toddler logic it makes perfect sense.

kinda like "ha ha, we got ya!" and the people they "got" are themselves. "we're gonna burn all these ballots," not realizing most of them are for trump anyway.

maybe the republicans don't like trump as well... Mutiny on the Bounty & shit

6 hours ago, markedone said:

Not sure I understand.. why would Republicans place fake boxes in places like OC outside of churches (majority Repub area).. Wouldn´t the strategic move be to place them in Democratic areas (also swing states) in order to hoover up D votes and not deliver them to the real poll counters?  Shitty either way, but also makes no sense

Seems that they are going to turn in the ballots, not destroy them; their aim was to make it easier for (primarily) Republicans to cast their vote.

• Farnsworth 1

Someone blocked me on FB for sharing this.

Their argument was "a vote for Biden is a vote for Trump," which at this point, is fucking infuriating. It's like being in a sinking boat with two other people. While I'm frantically throwing water out of it, one is actively poking more holes into the boat, and the other is complaining about how we should have taken a raft instead.

Goddamnit. Just be reasonable.

This election is a choice between shooting yourself in the leg and shooting yourself in the head.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, caze said:

image.jpeg.62ccfbff01f1f9443ba33a688b49914c.jpeg

Is a vote for Trump a vote for Biden according to this guy?

That's something that was commonly repeated during the primary, and English isn't their first language (I'm not even sure if they're a citizen), so I think they may be confused as to how the system works. They may have been trying to say that "both parties are the same." At any rate, we're past that point, so we need to figure out a way to oust one dried up carcass of a politician and replace him with a dried up carcass of a politician that's competent.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:02 AM, Braintree said:

Someone blocked me on FB for sharing this.

Their argument was "a vote for Biden is a vote for Trump," which at this point, is fucking infuriating. It's like being in a sinking boat with two other people. While I'm frantically throwing water out of it, one is actively poking more holes into the boat, and the other is complaining about how we should have taken a raft instead.

Goddamnit. Just be reasonable.

This election is a choice between shooting yourself in the leg and shooting yourself in the head.

I should note SOME MORE NEWS is not even remotely pro-Biden, neither is Contrapoints who makes the same argument below. These are leftists concluding that there's no valid or effective reason to abstain from voting for Biden or throwing away a vote to a 3rd party / write-in. You can vote for Biden without kow-towing to Dems and centrist liberals. Vote Trump out, unite behind the likely pockets of MAGA insanity that will surely occur, and then take Biden to task when shit calms down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, so it’s actually pretty simple. You get Trump out of office, then, if you really give half the fucks you say you do, you stay politically active with a much better admin/ratio in Congress. Actually put the work in to change what you want, like how anything has been accomplished, ever. What in the everloving fuck. He’s the most benign, harmless normal candidate ever. Jesus fuck. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Candiru said:

Wow, so it’s actually pretty simple. You get Trump out of office, then, if you really give half the fucks you say you do, you stay politically active with a much better admin/ratio in Congress. Actually put the work in to change what you want, like how anything has been accomplished, ever. What in the everloving fuck. He’s the most benign, harmless normal candidate ever. Jesus fuck. 

Benign and harmless aren't words that come to mind. He's the guy that famously wanted to lock up ravers.

It's more like this: let's say I have a laundry list of 10 things I want and Biden can deliver on two of them. The opposition, however, actively wants to take all 10 things away from every citizen forever. Voting Democrat gives us the chance to fulfill parts of that laundry list instead of throwing all of it in the trash right now.

So like I said, this election is a choice between shooting yourself in the leg and shooting yourself in the head.

• Like 2

my brother's wife got one f these emails.. i'm guessing it's russian troll farm at work. 

Threatening emails telling voters to vote for Trump target Brevard County residents

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2020/10/20/brevard-voters-threatened-emails-purportedly-proud-boys/5997458002/

The emails appear to follow a similar format, and come from the email address "info@officialproudboys.com."

"Hi (name) We are in possession of all your information You are currently registered as a Democrat and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure. You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you. Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply. We will know which candidate you voted for. I would take this seriously if I were you. (Voter's address)," it read.

I just don't want Trump in office. I don't think Biden will do much of anything, but at least I won't have to think about politics till the midterms instead of keeping up with all the shit Trump get into. I would vote for an empty water bottle over Trump, as a president that does zero things is better than Trump.

However I don't think Biden is going to accomplish much of anything. Well, maybe he will do one, and then harp on that as his 'accomplishment', like Obama did. And I also imagine he will roll back changes Trump made, back to where they were when Obama was in office.

Edited by Brisbot

if biden gets elected and manages to get a stimulus bill out there, protects healthcare, gets his infrastructure bill going and rolls back trumps tax cuts.. that's doing something imo.   all hinges on what the senate looks like of course and fucking supreme court. 

will a biden adminstration fix some of the systemic problems in USA and make sweeping structural changes? doubtful.. but tax changes and infrastructure would be good first steps to those things possibly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, very honest said:

hm? no. voting one way looks likely to be a fatal blow to the democracy. the other dude is just a nice dad.

the problem will be the leftovers from the last 4 years.. if biden manages to get elected and trump leaves w/o shitting up things even more. Can't imagine him stewing in the white house for a few months waiting for his replacement. 

The real wackos are activated in america now. they're out of their basements, out of their private clubs, conspiracies are running wild, so many things that were the bulwark against those things are at diminished capacity. the state department will have to be rebuilt, as will the EPA, USDA and every other department of government. they've all been smashed with massive blows to their funding and personnel. another 4 years of trump will indeed be like a pandemic for democracy and american government. 

• Like 2

these cretins are so wretched that no one wants to be seen overthrowing the country with them. it will be ok. just a bigger mess than usual to clean up. hopefully the right annihilates themselves. but yeah brace yourselves

22 minutes ago, very honest said:

hm? no. voting one way looks likely to be a fatal blow to the democracy. the other dude is just a nice dad.

you know its possible to say "one side is way worse than the other so the correct vote is clear" without complimenting a piece of shit like biden who isn't "just a nice dad"

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

19 hours ago, very honest said:

i genuinely like biden

this is making the rounds today. 

that clip is from this 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2020 at 2:16 AM, very honest said:

i genuinely like biden

The way people turned on a dime and started characterizing him as evil and just another Trump has been pretty revealing in how susceptible everyone on the political spectrum is to propaganda. 

• Like 4