15 hours ago, sheatheman said:

what we really need is to dismantle capitalism, but red and blue are both totally hooked on it.

i would have voted Yang or Sanders.

Yang is a capitalist.

and his policies are far far closer to Biden than Sanders

50 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

What makes you so sure? 

When the Democratic Party knights someone as the next in line instead of going for the excitement and momentum of the voter things don't turn out well. I could be wrong but it looks that way

9 minutes ago, marf said:

When the Democratic Party knights someone as the next in line instead of going for the excitement and momentum of the voter things don't turn out well. I could be wrong but it looks that way

what the fuck are you talking about? the democratic establishment didn't want Biden to be the nominee, he was the choice of members of the party. 

9 minutes ago, marf said:

Biden was chosen by the DNC in SC, Bernie was leading and had a strong following. Just like Before

No, he was chosen by the voters in SC. Prior to that the other main candidates were preferred by the democratic establishment, and the liberal media, and they all dropped out because they realised they couldn't win. After that everyone else overwhelmingly voted for Biden over Bernie, it has nothing to do with the DNC, just like 2016 when Bernie didn't have the support of the members of the party either. Fooling yourself into thinking it's some kind of conspiracy is just a coping strategy so far left ppl don't have to accept the fact that most other people don't share their views. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, xox said:

biden is ok i guess, but is he nearly the best democrats have? 

"best" becomes a complicated term when applied to the noun politician.

dems ended up with biden because the top issue among democratic voters was beating trump. many cast their primary vote for biden not because he was their favorite but because he was the one that they thought could beat trump in the general election. 

delaware liked him enough to keep voting him to the senate for almost 40 years. obama chose him to be president if anything happened to him. 

he's called the happy warrior. he's always been the kind of guy who will call it like it is. 

Edited by very honest
  • Thanks 1

real talk tho if trump loses someone should edit together a him-version of the johnny cash hurt music video, incorporating happier footage from when he was just a wacky tv personality, wrestling vince mcmahon etc

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Valleyfold said:

Also Biden has much more blood on his hands than Trump.

Coronavirus, USA. Two people in my extended family have died, both republicans, both anti-maskers who looked up to Trump as to what they should do like he is some kind of authority. They only got their news from the orange asshat. That's just how Trump supporters work. Everyone else is in on the  democratic conspiracy to make your lives worse and switch out all of the white men who have a wife and two kids, for illegal mexican immigrants who are here to steal your jobs and take your families. First they got to take your guns, then they can slowly begin the assimilation.

One was 56, the other 62. One was my half-sister's grandma ( not mine ), and then her younger sister. They were good people suckered in by lifetime republican propaganda and was not equipped during their education to understand why Trump is horrible, or what constitutes as evidence.

Yes, Trump is 85% to blame here. He killed them by making a FUCKING MASK a political thing. I mean like, what the fuck. In 100 years they will study Trump as an example of the worst president to ever exist, and how not to run a country. Hopefully he will be used as THE example of how a country starts becomeing a fascist one.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

s9ei2yn9hcv51.jpg?width=657&auto=webp&s=

also:

“White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows stunningly admitted this morning that the administration has given up on even trying to control this pandemic, that they’ve given up on their basic duty to protect the American people,” 

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-meadows-surrender-control-pandemic-biden-20201026-7gtpapqabjgy3pknehwimrffvi-story.html

Edited by ignatius

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2089629184415/just-in-fox-news-president-and-several-top-anchors-advised-to-quarantine-after-being-exposed-to-covid-on-flight-to-debate?s=oldSite&ss=i2

Several big names at Fox News Channel have been advised to quarantine after a fellow passenger on a private charter flight from New York City to Nashville for the presidential debate tested positive for Covid, including Fox News Media President Jay Wallace, chief political anchor Bret Baier, anchor of “The Story” Martha MacCallum, and two of the hosts of “The Five,” Dana Perino and Juan Williams.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 2:55 PM, sheatheman said:

i would love to take someone up on that offer and then tell them I’m voting trump once we are half way there. Most people don’t want your enthusiastic participation in the election. They want your vote for their side.

speaking for myself, i want people to vote my side because the "other" side has policies that affect me directly. if this was a simple case of just voting for someone who you find more entertaining then i'd entertain all opinions- but we find ourselves voting for how certain people are treated (due to ethnicity, gender identification), environmental issues, immigration policies, police brutality, abortion laws etc. these are suddenly very real issues that can and will affect very many people for the rest of their lives, so it's a little more complicated "they want you to vote for their side". it's more about they want you to vote in a way that does not harm or destroy their lives.

• Like 2