Just gonna put this out there...

Don't expect this to be wrapped up tonight. I think it's going to be a lot closer than people think and we'll have to wait on absentee/mail ballots for more clarity.

They're gonna fight over this one.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Biden ahead by a couple hundred thousand votes in Florida??? 
that’d be something if drumpf lost his home state 

I can’t let myself get excited by that but I’m excited by that

• Like 1

Just now, Stickfigger said:

What's the best site for real time data

I’ve been using both the bbc and google (if you just google 2020 us election results it gives a nice map). They both seem to update about once per minute so I think they’re pretty current.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Biden ahead by a couple hundred thousand votes in Florida??? 
that’d be something if drumpf lost his home state 

his home state was NY but since he's not welcome there he's adopted florida.  he's actually a good fit for florida. they love his type of asshole. 

it's going to be a long night. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ghsotword said:

The scores on major news sites (Google, CNN, BBC, Fox News, The Guardian) are out of sync with one another and each of them shows different numbers, this is pretty confusing

I'm noticing that yeah - and not off by any small amount. They're drastically, drastically different.... BBC says 44:42 for example, google says 85:61... =/

How the US gov't (I mean an impartial outlet or agency or whatever) doesn't have an actual official site setup for this is confusing?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

The only thing I am worried about is the election being called 'early' before ALL main in ballots are counted. And then Trump makes some kinda legal argument "If it wasn't here by the 3rd then it doesn't count"

Voted today. After I voted I went and looked at how much Republicans Beat Dems in my county 2016. I didn't look before because I didn't want to feel like I shouldn't bother if it's crazy skewed.

It was about 77% Republican, the rest Dem/Independent/green, etc. Glad I forced myself to not look, lol

• Like 1

sweet

USPS disregards court order to conduct ballot sweeps in 12 postal districts after more than 300,000 ballots cannot be traced

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/usps-disregards-court-order-ballot-sweeps-12-districts-20201103.html

The U.S. Postal Service turned down a federal judge’s order late Tuesday afternoon to sweep mail processing facilities serving 15 states, saying instead it would stick to its own inspection schedule. The judge’s order came after the agency disclosed that more than 300,000 ballots nationwide could not be traced.

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan of the District of Columbia had given the mail agency until 3:30 p.m. to conduct the "all clear" checks to ensure there would be enough time to get any found ballots to election officials before polls closed. His order affected 12 postal districts spanning 15 states.

But in a filing sent to the court just before 5 p.m., Justice Department attorneys representing the Postal Service said the agency would not abide by the order to better accommodate inspector's schedules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roo said:

Looks tight to me. Trump doing solid. Biden may grab 1 of those handful of crucial states. I.e. about as expected (unless you r a poll)

some states won't start counting the early/mail in ballots until 11pm. won't have idea of winner until 5am or so unless the in person votes are so overwhelming. 

anyway.. I wonder who will win the contract to drill for oil in Arches National Park?

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

some states won't start counting the early/mail in ballots until 11pm. won't have idea of winner until 5am or so unless the in person votes are so overwhelming.

Nearly 2pm on the 4th where I am, so early hours local isn’t an issue for me, before my bedtime

the last several elections excepting 2000 were apparent results for me by dinnertime.

Edited by Roo