Biden still has a very good chance to squeak through, he's behind in MN, WI, MI and PA, but there's lots of mail votes for them, likely heavily favouring Biden, and he doesn't need all of them.

• Like 1

the fact that the race is this close is a sign of a pretty big problem as it reflects the differences within the country. kinda reminds me of the painting in goodfellas  

"One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Biden still has a good chance in Georgia too, he's doing a lot better than Clinton was, and there's a lot of votes left, but they're finished for the evening apparently.

21 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

the fact that the race is this close is a sign of a pretty big problem as it reflects the differences within the country. kinda reminds me of the painting in goodfellas  

"One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?'

Sure, but that's pretty common knowledge. At least if Biden is elected he's not going to forcefully make that division worse like a barbarian king.

I’ve been following this page to cut through the noise-

https://www.270towin.com/2020-election-results-live/

they update their models based on the current state of things and at time of writing give Biden a 57.9% chance of winning. That’s down from earlier but still not the worst.  I don’t know how accurate it is but I trust it over the gut feeling of some idm nerd in Bristol or wherever 

Edited by nikisoko
  • Like 3

Just now, Hugh Mughnus said:

Is there an “IDM nerd in Bristol” polling results page someone in here is referencing? ?

I may have missed it lol

Lol I think it was a reference to the "feels" earlier in the thread. Which, shit, it's 2020, who knows.

Just now, sweepstakes said:
2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Is there an “IDM nerd in Bristol” polling results page someone in here is referencing? ?

I may have missed it lol

Lol I think it was a reference to the "feels" earlier in the thread. Which, shit, it's 2020, who knows.

Heh maybe my Han Solo gif ? my bad 

If biden ends up winning by 3 or 4 electoral votes, I can't help but feel the Republicans will find a way to take them from Democrats. Why else has Trump been whining about voter fraud before the election? For this scenario and to prime them to assume the Democrats are going to cheat somehow, which could very well lead to the supreme court in some way, who are in favor for Trump now. All they have to do is find a few counties with just a TINY OPENING to where they can nudge themselves in, and end up flipping the electoral votes  in their favor.

I have no earthly clue how they could do this, but I imagine they have a plan of some sort when as I said, they have been telling their conservative puppets that the Democrats will cheat.

Trump can play conservatives like a fiddle at this point. I imagine though even if conservatives knew the truth that Trump was lying about voter fraud or whatever, they wouldn't care, not as long as a Republican is in office. "FOR THE GREATER GOOD". 

Edited by Brisbot

8 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Sure, but that's pretty common knowledge. At least if Biden is elected he's not going to forcefully make that division worse like a barbarian king.

i don't know whether or not trump makes that division worse so much as he exposes it. half the country basically saw things the same way as trump, they just didn't have anyone that could justify those beliefs. that's why you see his support so fervent. 

so whilst most people see trump as t he problem, i see half the country as the real problem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nebraska said:

so whilst most people see trump as t he problem, i see half the country as the real problem. 

They are the inheritors of the will of the Confederacy.... of Dunces.

• Haha 1

pessimistic hyperbole: If I didn't live in Texas I would love to help get Texas annexed from the USA. Well even tho I do, I can help them get Texas to break away, then I can move to a more sensible area of the USA where a mask can't be used as a viable political tool by a narsicistic demagogue.

All the Trump supporters can go live in Texas. Texas can be their libertarian/conservative paradise while the USA starts electing more left leaning people who know what they are doing, and don't threaten north korea through Twitter.

13 minutes ago, Blir said:

Fucks sake America how is this even close? Sort it out!

Well... he won 4 years ago by quite a lot. Demographics can only change so much in 4 years, and it SEEMS they have shifted more blue, but may not be enough. Most presidents in the USA seem to be 2 term so...

Edited by Brisbot

To be fair to Texas, they are more urban than we’d assume, about 40% Hispanic, younger than most states, and one of the most university-educated states. Apparently anyway. Things change.