Fact checkers in the US combing through his speech - they say it's riddled with false claims, inaccurate information and inconsistencies. 

Pretty much like the last four years, to be honest.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

lol wtf is he talking about? Is there even a single example of "democratically run election apparatuses" banning observers? 

Or is he referring to blocking the crazy protestors intimidating voters at polling stations?

lol... "people are just writing down votes and allowing unregistered voters to vote blah blah blah and lots of bad things"

:facepalm:

making things up wholesale, otherwise misrepresenting things. to be fair, he said "detroit is another place." that is true.

• Farnsworth 1

2 minutes ago, very honest said:

making things up wholesale, otherwise misrepresenting things. to be fair, he said "detroit is another place." that is true.

lol, I think that was the only factual line in that press conference. "Detroit is another place". 

v good Donald.

oh man watching the final votes come in for GA. This is a nail biter. 

only 3600 in fav of trump now.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

1 minute ago, Upset man said:

I really can’t wait for trump to go away 

He has overstayed his welcome, hasn't he?

Man, that press conference was a train wreck. It all seems so incredibly compulsive. I'm worried for the man.

• Like 1

What's really worrying is that these statements are coming from a sitting president. And yet he's saying things without any thought for their consequences. His words are only going to enrage hi base and put lives at risk.

On second thoughts he doesn't care about people anyway so that's ok.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Yep most definitely. But it's such a load of bullshit and this is really damaging to the next 4 years. The right wing fucknuts are going to latch onto this and it's going to be another cycle of vote for whoever as long as it's not the "corrupt election stealing dems" etc etc. 

ugh

Republicans have always come out in massive numbers and voted, so I don't think the numbers will really be much higher in 4 years.

Hopefully in 2 and 4 years when the time comes, the democrats can do a good job of reminding the voting public what happened last time they skipped out on voting for the soulless corporate democrat whos main attraction was that she would have been the first female president..... a crazy lazy fascist was elected who's rhetoric mirrored Hitlers in many ways.

MUCH WORSE than any empty husk the DNC has ever pushed.

I'd rather have 4 years of absolutely no real progress than whatever the fuck the last 4 years was, lol.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

"I ask you: Do you want total war?" - joseph goebbels

I didn't find that tweet on his account but apparently it's real: https://nypost.com/2020/11/05/terrified-donald-trump-jr-calls-for-total-war-over-election/

56 minutes ago, fumi said:

What's really worrying is that these statements are coming from a sitting president. And yet he's saying things without any thought for their consequences. His words are only going to enrage hi base and put lives at risk.

On second thoughts he doesn't care about people anyway so that's ok.

I imagine he only cares about the presidency if he is the president. If he can't be president he is going to take what he can down with him and pull out every stop he can think of to somehow still win.

4 minutes ago, zero said:

I've been drinking pretty steadily the last 2 days...

I feel you. Even though Biden 99.94% will win at this point... because it's Trump, something just feels off which causes anxiety you can't really place until the problem is fixed and he is in a position where no amount of whining can change anything. I am very happy that so many people are shutting him down, even all of his 'allies' the past four years, abandoning him in droves since they realize he is no use to them anymore.

On a related note my professor decided to move a test till next week because of all the anxiety right now ( a few others have as well from what I hear). I've never seen anything like that happen ever so that is evidence there is just a massive wave of anxiety everywhere right now.

Edited by Brisbot

4 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I didn't find that tweet on his account but apparently it's real: https://nypost.com/2020/11/05/terrified-donald-trump-jr-calls-for-total-war-over-election/

also general steve bannon's warroom twitter account was suspended after he said he'd like to see dr. fauci and chris wray beheaded

1 hour ago, fumi said:

Fact checkers in the US combing through his speech - they say it's riddled with false claims, inaccurate information and inconsistencies. 

Pretty much like the last four years, to be honest.

I'd like to see a fact checker to about the other way - attempt to find honest statements and coherent opinions in his speeches

twitter's bar is low and it's hilarious seeing every other tweet of his flagged or removed, he's throwing a goddamn hissy fit

that all said stay safe my fellow Americans, besides the stop counting Karens it's been eerily calm and the recent protests have already demonstrated cops are ready to crack some skulls - the delusions of Trump are still in fact inspiring violent zeal among the armed MAGA fringe

I am just happy that so far the 'institutions' are not going along with Trump's shitty attempt at a coup, most of his current political allies aren't interested in suiciding their career over a lost cause. At least that's my impression as of right now.

I just hope Trumps current narrative doesn't stick in any large way. That a lot of the people angry right now will come to their senses at some point.

Edited by Brisbot

The point of this video is after 1:35 in, where the protestors are chanting things strategically depending on where they are. They have got to realize that they don't actually care about "fair and square" and just want Trump to have a second term no matter what. They are being manipulative, and I am sure many of them must be aware of this fact.

And Cenk's quote at  3:03 and on is exactly how I am feeling. It breaks my mind. I just don't understand authoritarianism and the double think that goes along with it. I am unable to put myself in their shoes. All I can think is that they are knowingly lying "for the greater good", that Trump is the best president for the USA, it's just that everybody else just doesn't see it yet, and so they have to scheme, lie, and use intimidation tactics to get what they want.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1