10 minutes ago, Roo said:

4l8kjd.jpg

This is Missing GOP elephants sitting on top of them and in some instances telling them to hurry up and count the votes and in other instances telling them to stop counting.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

And Cenk's quote at  3:03 and on is exactly how I am feeling. It breaks my mind. I just don't understand authoritarianism and the double think that goes along with it. I am unable to put myself in their shoes. All I can think is that they are knowingly lying "for the greater good", that Trump is the best president for the USA, it's just that everybody else just doesn't see it yet, and so they have to scheme, lie, and use intimidation tactics to get what they want.

Yeah, frankly, I don't see these people as fully functional adults capable of grasping democracy, civilitt, or the social contract. They're seriously a bunch of fucking barbarians. Not saying all Trump supporters are, but certainly these dipshits who clearly have no faith in the democratic system, and probably don't understand it.

Jonathan Pie did a heartfelt analysis of the results back in 2016, talking about the "deplorables", and I felt genuine remorse for looking down my nose at them. But he did another one recently, and I realize after 4 years of screaming, bigotry and revving truck engines I think I agree with her. They're an embarrassment to our country, and I have no hope that they'll grow up and learn to work with people they disagree with. I don't know where we go from here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

This is Missing GOP elephants sitting on top of them and in some instances telling them to hurry up and count the votes and in other instances telling them to stop counting.

4l8oj1.jpg

• Burger 1

8 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

fact checkers need to be sued

ugh... I have a feeling she will be running for president around 2040 or so.

A few years ago I was thinking republicans are a dying party and that they would have to become more centrist politically to remain relevant as civilization progressed. But I am starting to think I will see very little progress in my lifetime outside of a few social issues.

5 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Yeah, frankly, I don't see these people as fully functional adults capable of grasping democracy, civilitt, or the social contract. They're seriously a bunch of fucking barbarians. Not saying all Trump supporters are, but certainly these dipshits who clearly have no faith in the democratic system, and probably don't understand it.

Jonathan Pie did a heartfelt analysis of the results back in 2016, talking about the "deplorables", and I felt genuine remorse for looking down my nose at them. But he did another one recently, and I realize after 4 years of screaming, bigotry and revving truck engines I think I agree with her. They're an embarrassment to our country, and I have no hope that they'll grow up and learn to work with people they disagree with. I don't know where we go from here.

That is why education is so important. It is easier than ever to get through school without learning critical thinking skills and to at least value trying to assess something logically. Trump knows this which made his "Patriotic education" bullshit from the past few months worrying. You need stupid voters who can do their part in the economy, then die after 60 due to a lack of healthcare when they become useless.

I feel pessimistic at the moment. Even with Biden winning. Trump's presidency has made the country as a whole slightly more conservative - even the democratic platform - and so it feels like we are just backsliding. I hope I am wrong.

I probably need to stop checking the news so much and just wait to see what the outcome will be.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Isn’t that a massive ethical violation or something? Conflict of interest? Immediate recusal territory? Lol 

22 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

ugh... I have a feeling she will be running for president around 2040 or so.

A few years ago I was thinking republicans are a dying party and that they would have to become more centrist politically to remain relevant as civilization progressed. But I am starting to think I will see very little progress in my lifetime outside of a few social issues.

That is why education is so important. It is easier than ever to get through school without learning critical thinking skills and to at least value trying to assess something logically. Trump knows this which made his "Patriotic education" bullshit from the past few months worrying. You need stupid voters who can do their part in the economy, then die after 60 due to a lack of healthcare when they become useless.

I feel pessimistic at the moment. Even with Biden winning. Trump's presidency has made the country as a whole slightly more conservative - even the democratic platform - and so it feels like we are just backsliding. I hope I am wrong.

I probably need to stop checking the news so much and just wait to see what the outcome will be.

Yeah, I haven't watched much news since like a week before election night. I spent much of that time in the hospital anyway with other patients to incapacitated to check up on current issues. Today, I spent about an hour watching the news talking about the remaining states and the the imbecile came on to do his speech and watched Joker with my boys. Actually on election night we watched Avengers infinity Wars and Endgame. Got a phone call from my dad asking me if I was watching, I was like "Dad! I'm watching Avengers! I already did my part!" I mostly read news online nowadays and stay away from social media where a lot of my friends fell into that rabbit hole.

• Like 1

They're arguing a hypothetical. The supreme court won't have to hear it once we have the rest of the votes.

Also, unless there's a crime committed, or there's a legal ambiguity that's incredibly heinous, then any state supreme court would knock it down first.

4 minutes ago, Upset man said:

Isn’t that a massive ethical violation or something? Conflict of interest? Immediate recusal territory? Lol 

in a nutshell, it is all donald understands. tit for tat, favors for favors. he got them judgeships, so they get him out of a bind when he needs them. it's that simple.

laws, pfft, what laws? those things are a bunch of stupid words... easily bendable. plus, he's the president, so no one can catch him.

and as stupid as the text above is, it has worked out extremely well in that fucking joke of a human's favor. he may not be back as president next year, but he will be hanging around for years to come. donald trump is going nowhere. we are going to have to deal with the stupidity he has unleashed for numerous years to come...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

? Biden’s at 254 and GA is worth 16?
That makes... 270 right? Lol

now you see the disagreement.

btw that dude reports for bloomberg

22 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

now you see the disagreement.

btw that dude reports for bloomberg

I know you’re being cautiously pessimistic and I’m being overly optimistic. Agreed it’s a bit gray. But let’s think positive...