CBS News has learned that Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris is cutting all of her field organizers in New Hampshire and all three field offices in the Granite State, according to campaign aides. The number of staff cuts is in the "double digits," with more than half of her New Hampshire staff being laid off.

"Senator Harris and this team set out with one goal – to win the nomination and defeat Donald Trump in 2020," Nate Evans, communications director for Harris' New Hampshire campaign said in a statement. "To do so, the campaign has made a strategic decision to realign resources and go all-in on Iowa, resulting in office closures and staff realignments and reductions in New Hampshire. The campaign will continue to have a staff presence in New Hampshire but the focus is and will continue to be on Iowa."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kamala-harris-2020-harris-cuts-entire-new-hampshire-field-team/

looks like she'll be next to go. meanwhile, williamson is looking to get some bernie supporters (or something)

Remember the name Tony Sax. Remember the date August 4, 2020. Remember these numbers: 82, 21, 312, 28, 71. Remember the color blue surrounded by yellow. Remember the name Henrietta Pindor. Now forget the last name in the last sentence because her true identity is actually those same letters unscrambled.  

The last paragraph won’t mean much without a Mandela Effect or two.

So consider the burgeoning candidacy of Elizabeth Warren. The nomination is all but hers. Anyone can beat Trump and certainly Warren. However, in 2020, what is going to be required to beat Trumples is a message in no uncertain terms that a win for Trump is nothing less than the very end of America. The end of democracy. The end of anything remotely secular. The end of reality. Warren better go full on republican fear mongering to get those dems out in droves or the astrocheese infested fuck stomach will be anointed Jesus king. 

Edited by Det Bluto

10 minutes ago, Det Bluto said:

The end of democracy.

democracy has had its day in the sun. It's weak and decadent, we need a strong leader, we need American culture back! America for the Americans!

This is a joke, by the way. I recently was watching that episode of Peep Show where Mark is excited to have made a new friend at the office but it turns out that the guy is a fascist. 

Edited by Guest

Are there even any legit trump supporters around these parts? I imagine there could be but no one would believe them / assume they be trolling.

I actually don’t believe there exists any true trump supporters. Sure there are “supporters”, but these kinds of people are very much mentally challenged. They think with their feels and have no cogent train of thought that got them to trump support. It’s picking a team based on colors. It’s looking into Putin’s soul through his eyes. When you’d rather be riding your bicycle in the outskirts catching Lyme or cutting brush with a rumbly Stihl. 

4 minutes ago, Det Bluto said:

Are there even any legit trump supporters around these parts? I imagine there could be but no one would believe them / assume they be trolling.

I actually don’t believe there exists any true trump supporters. Sure there are “supporters”, but these kinds of people are very much mentally challenged. They think with their feels and have no cogent train of thought that got them to trump support. It’s picking a team based on colors. It’s looking into Putin’s soul through his eyes. When you’d rather be riding your bicycle in the outskirts catching Lyme or cutting brush with a rumbly Stihl. 

Anyone who is capable of being an intelligent supporter and explaining and justifying points of view would not reach the conclusion that they need to support Trump.  They're all consumerist racist anti-human individuals.  Anyone please find me one who is not malicious and I may change my mind

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

Anyone who is capable of being an intelligent supporter and explaining and justifying points of view would not reach the conclusion that they need to support Trump.  They're all consumerist racist anti-human individuals.  Anyone please find me one who is not malicious and I may change my mind

I think I get where you are coming from, but this way of thinking most likely had a non-negligible impact on Trump's ability to become president in the first place. Even little NYT political pieces support this: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/us/obama-trump-swing-voters.html

NYT also sometimes does these articles where they have reporters visit different areas of middle America and ask people about their political views, and some of the shit that people say is really weird and hard to understand, but a central message is that they feel like Democrats are unsupportive, condescending, and unproductive in their roles as civil servants. It's easy to write it all off as bigotry, or even to say that they have unconscious bias or some other such-like hokum, but it might not be the most helpful approach to understanding how Americans form their political views in different parts of the country. 

Edited by Guest

Another thing I remember reading somewhere is that people in the US tend to base their views on what happens in local of state politics and that in those environments Republicans are actually pretty competent. No idea if that is true or not, of course.

5 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Another thing I remember reading somewhere is that people in the US tend to base their views on what happens in local of state politics and that in those environments Republicans are actually pretty competent. No idea if that is true or not, of course.

I'm not sure they are any more or less competent than the Dems, but the perception is that they are more competent.  I have a feeling that this is because the Republicans are more willing than the Democrats to "play dirty", and by that I mean willing to yell and shout and blame anything bad that happens on the Democrats, justified or not, and take credit for anything good that they can, justified or not.  I feel like the Democrats are all like, "hey, why can't we have a civilized dialogue about all this?"  and the Republicans are all like, "DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN?"  Of course many Americans respond positively to the latter.

2 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

I'm not sure they are any more or less competent than the Dems, but the perception is that they are more competent.  I have a feeling that this is because the Republicans are more willing than the Democrats to "play dirty", and by that I mean willing to yell and shout and blame anything bad that happens on the Democrats, justified or not, and take credit for anything good that they can, justified or not.  I feel like the Democrats are all like, "hey, why can't we have a civilized dialogue about all this?"  and the Republicans are all like, "DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN?"  Of course many Americans respond positively to the latter.

man this is such a bad post

4 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

I hope you realise you're spewing anti-humanist ideas in your post there. You're literally mirroring that which you hate. If you hate the partisan bickering, you should start with questioning yourself whenever you notice you think like that. Simply because it's "anti-human".

16 minutes ago, goDel said:

I hope you realise you're spewing anti-humanist ideas in your post there. You're literally mirroring that which you hate. If you hate the partisan bickering, you should start with questioning yourself whenever you notice you think like that. Simply because it's "anti-human".

https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/tscc3e5eujrsEeFN4/well-kept-gardens-die-by-pacifism

If you want to make a point, you should actually make it instead of posting a link. Can't be that difficult, I hope.

Edited by goDel

1 minute ago, goDel said:

If you want to make a point, you should actually make it instead of posting a link. Can't be that difficult, I hope.

"You're supposed to be nice to provincial racists who want to build a wall to keep out Mexicans" na

10 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

"You're supposed to be nice to provincial racists who want to build a wall to keep out Mexicans" na

OK, this seems to be going nowhere pretty quick. 

Let me just repeat myself and say that you shouldn't mirror that which you hate. Which is different to saying that you have to be nice to racists, btw. Would help if you see the difference. If you have trouble seeing the difference, you should say so instead of posting links and a quote.

1 hour ago, Zeffolia said:

Hey sweetie, looks like you accidentally stumbled into a grown-up part of the forum. There are lots of fun games and events happening over at twoism, think you would be happier over there. 

Edited by sheatheman

I realize you all probably find Bannon to be problematic (to use a term I dislike), but I saw an interesting interview with him today. In the second part, he addresses the democratic lineup for the 2020 election, suggesting that Hilary Clinton and Mike Bloomberg will wind up entering the race. His rationale is that Biden is too uninspiring and Warren is too radical, and the top-tier centrist administrators will want what they think is a more suitable and savory candidate: 

i've heard other conservatives say things like "If hillary was smart she'd get in the race".  

i hope not. let someone else have a chance. i'm all for reasonable people but i don't think we need a dead ass centrist in there just now. pendulum swung pretty far right last time let's let it swing back left a bit before it settles back into the center.  and the new center may end up being left of center if we're lucky. 

Edited by ignatius

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i've heard other conservatives say things like "If hillary was smart she'd get in the race".  

i hope not. let someone else have a chance. i'm all for reasonable people but i don't think we need a dead ass centrist in there just now. pendulum swung pretty far right last time let's let it swing back left a bit before it settles back into the center.  and the new center may end up being left of center if we're lucky. 

They're saying that because they're conservatives. I'd say "if Trump was smart, he'd motorboat Ivanka in the middle of the State Of The Union Address, and do a line of Adderall off her tits while shitting his pants and yelling ethnic slurs in the melody of a Paradise City by Guns N Roses.", but I'm a Democrat. 

• Like 1