5 minutes ago, fumi said:

I actually feel a bit sorry for Trump.

He's had to watch other world leaders congratulating Biden. That must hurt. Hard. 

Power slips away quickly.

We've heard the allegations of fraud.

But where is the evidence ?

It's like his presidency in miniature, smoke-scenes, misinformation, unsupported sources, mis-leading facts.

He's going to be asking his lawyers to manufacture a case based on what?

don't ever feel sorry for trump. ever. he's horrible. his administration is horrible. his family is horrible. he's legit a terrible person.  it's nice you have empathy but he deserves much worse than he'll get. his incompetence cost thousands of lives. there's no doubt. he has no sympathy or empathy for you or anyone and would step on you if it earned him a dollar. 

there is no evidence of election fraud anywhere.  he's too stupid to understand how elections work.. too stupid to understand lot's of things. he's a fucking idiot who failed upward his entire life and with any luck will get thrown to the wolves financially. 

you know that scene in Saving Private Ryan when the germans in the pill boxes on the beach are getting burned and they flop out the front of the pill boxes on the beach and the one american soldier yells "DON'T SHOOT!! LET'EM BURN!!!"

that's what trump deserves. he's a piece of shit who doesn't deserve your sympathy. 

• Like 6
  • Farnsworth 1

3 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

you're underestimating the power of selective ignorance. in trump's world, he won. and everyone is appalled at the outcome. 

Image being caught up in the bubble. Almost like a cult.

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

don't ever feel sorry for trump. ever. he's horrible. his administration is horrible. his family is horrible. he's legit a terrible person.  it's nice you have empathy but he deserves much worse than he'll get. his incompetence cost thousands of lives. there's no doubt. he has no sympathy or empathy for you or anyone and would step on you if it earned him a dollar. 

there is no evidence of election fraud anywhere.  he's too stupid to understand how elections work.. too stupid to understand lot's of things. he's a fucking idiot who failed upward his entire life and with any luck will get thrown to the wolves financially. 

you know that scene in Saving Private Ryan when the germans in the pill boxes on the beach are getting burned and they flop out the front of the pill boxes on the beach and the one american soldier yells "DON'T SHOOT!! LET'EM BURN!!!"

that's what trump deserves. he's a piece of shit who doesn't deserve your sympathy. 

I totally agree with everything you've said. If I was an American I'd be out dancing in the streets now.

I wonder how many people died of Covid just today in the US?

Trump was busy playing golf. 

27 minutes ago, fumi said:

I actually feel a bit sorry for Trump.

I thought that for about 10 seconds when it was announced he got Coronavirus. Then I started thinking about all the people he has killed by turning the mask into a political thing. Now I will never feel sorry for him ever.

• Like 3

I wonder how many scandals and dirty deals will finally come out once he leaves the White House? Just imagine the dirty deals, misappropriation of funds etc that's gonna be seized on. Christ, his whole family might get investigated.

After 20th January, he will be just a regular guy. Plenty of time before he gets called to face questions in the looming Ghislaine Maxwell trial.

And doesn't he owe Deutsche Bank some insane amount of money?

Losing the presidency might turn out to be the least of his problems.

26 minutes ago, fumi said:

Image being caught up in the bubble. Almost like a cult.

there's also an obituary hunt here for patriots to help with T's lawsuit and overturn the "theft" of his rightful office. 

the man continues to show "confidence" and high energy because he's not fazed 

• Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

EmQoLkyUYAEd2UL?format=png&name=large

"This one has Carbon-11 so it clearly came from Pittsburgh. And this one has C-12 on it so it's definitely Philadelphia. This one has both so I don't fucking know but uh, this one has Radium on it. That's a GOP one so we definitely want that one counted. Am I the only one who feels kind of sick after handling those GOP ones...?"

• Like 1

When he got elected I didn't think he'd last six months. I thought James Comey would bring him down. Then Stormy Daniels. Then Michael Cohen. Then the Mueller investigation. Then the impeachment etc etc. The constant feeling he was just about to topple for four years does make me think that I have been in something of a media bubble (and I'm not even in the US).

Its so annoying how he's just a super priviledged man baby but has been able to brazen his way through all of this. Early on one of the insiders described him as "less a person than a collection of terrible traits".

And now, even though he's lost, its not like he's been roundly rejected or repudiated. Both him and Biden got more votes than any other candidates ever.

I will credit him with some sort of intuitive sense of strategy - he's not afraid of sounding like a self-aggrandising idiot, and that shamelessness put him out of reach of a lot of damage. He can just brazen his way through everything, and generate a new scandal every two weeks so that everyone stops talking about the previous one.

I think he is, emotionally, just a giant spoilt toddler though, so I think it will be very interesting to see how he copes with having the spotlight on him for the next few months while he comes to terms with losing and all the likely shit that will fall on him once he's just a citizen again.

I wonder if he might flee to Russia, haha

• Like 3

Truly sobering thought to think that millions more voted for him than did in 2016. They saw the mass graves dug  in Manhattan back in April, they watched him posing with a bible, they heard the scandals, the wondering if disinfectant could be injected into people, the 'good people on both sides', the 'stand down and stand-by' statements.

They saw all that and yet thought 'yep, another four years please.'

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fumi said:

I wonder how many scandals and dirty deals will finally come out once he leaves the White House? Just imagine the dirty deals, misappropriation of funds etc that's gonna be seized on. Christ, his whole family might get investigated.

After 20th January, he will be just a regular guy. Plenty of time before he gets called to face questions in the looming Ghislaine Maxwell trial.

And doesn't he owe Deutsche Bank some insane amount of money?

Losing the presidency might turn out to be the least of his problems.

I have a feeling nothing will happen. 

I bet after Trump is gone, people will try their best to tune him out. I am just wondering if the GOP will stick with him because of 2024 prospects, or shed their "Trump is awesome" mask and revert back to bashing on his like they did during the primaries when he didn't have a chance of winning in their mind.

3 minutes ago, fumi said:

Truly sobering thought to think that millions more voted for him than did in 2016. They saw the mass graves dug  in Manhattan back in April, they watched him posing with a bible, they heard the scandals, the wondering if disinfectant could be injected into people, the 'good people on both sides', the 'stand down and stand-by' statements.

75% of the Trump supporters I talk to have no clue Trump has done and said most of the shit he has said. They don't bother to keep up with him in the same way liberals do. Not to mention their media only ever talks about the "good stuff" and spins all the controversies to be pro-Trump.

Edited by Brisbot

6 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

I have a feeling nothing will happen. 

I bet after Trump is gone, people will try their best to tune him out. I am just wondering if the GOP will stick with him because of 2024 prospects, or shed their "Trump is awesome" mask and revert back to bashing on his like they did during the primaries when he didn't have a chance of winning in their mind.

Personally, I cannot see him coming back. He may be behind bars in four years. Who knows?

Also, that saying 'A week is a long time in politics.'

Four years would be a lifetime. The landscape would have shifted incredibly by then. I'm not saying it would be better or worse - but it would be different.

Trump tapped into the anger of people and those who felt they had no voice. Problem was, he betrayed them. He just used the office of President in order to further his own wealth and those of his friends. he hasn't done anything of note in four years.

He had one great crisis in four years to deal with, and the voices from the dead will whisper eternally.

Edited by fumi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fumi said:

It's not that simple.  I know some people who didn't like Trump but voted for him just because they're Republican.  I think there are a lot of people on both sides that thought, "well I don't like my candidate, but I'm going to hold my nose and vote because I want my party to win."

4 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

It's not that simple.  I know some people who didn't like Trump but voted for him just because they're Republican.  I think there are a lot of people on both sides that thought, "well I don't like my candidate, but I'm going to hold my nose and vote because I want my party to win."

I'm sure you're right. Personally, I could never vote for someone who showed such utter lack of empathy for human life. In order to be the leader of a country, you have to love its people.  For me, it would go beyond political affiliations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

It's not that simple.

This is the internet, all issues are black and white with no nuance. Anyone who voted for Trump is a racist xenophobic bigot fascist authoritarian (insert any random epithet here). That's what people who don't like Trump told me so it's true.

• Like 1

Yes, that is the correct information.

4 minutes ago, hijexx said:

This is the internet, all issues are black and white with no nuance. Anyone who voted for Trump is a racist xenophobic bigot fascist authoritarian (insert any random epithet here). That's what people who don't like Trump told me so it's true.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hijexx said:

What are some more nuanced reasons to vote for Trump?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dingformung said:

What are some more nuanced reasons to vote for Trump?

he's fighting against the international cabal of lizard people who rape children after buying them on Wayfair.com or the local Pingpong pizza where the vampire blood rituals are held on wednesdays. he's the only one who can save us. He's fighting evil. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 2