15 hours ago, Brisbot said:

All that had to happen for Trump's second term win was for 1-2% of democratic voters to stay home. In four years well after the pandemic, I will bet at least some Democrats will let their guard down just enough for Trump to slip through assuming he gets as many votes in 2024 as he did in 2020. Knowing Republicans, every single one who voted this time will vote next time.

The biggest ally for a 2024  Trump presidency is American's tendency to forget things, or look back on it as "not as bad" as they remember it being, etc. I doubt the next election will have as many votes total as this one did as well, especially if the media tries to forget Trump still exists.

Which means the media MUST remind us come next election year

edit: And I feel I should add that yes, Trump betrayed them. But for some reason the great majority of them haven't figured that out yet... and because of all the rallys I am guessing, Trump managed to pick up a TON more votes this time. It is clear he has more die hard fans now than he did 4 years ago.

I have a sinking feeling Trump will still hold rallies over the next 4 years. Maybe not as many, but he will resume campaigning in a year or two. I think that is why he is still building this narrative of voter fraud as he will use that narrative to get conservatives going again for him.

You're definitely right about letting guard down. My only hope is that a lot of the turnout was either young people who are just beginning to vote, see the corruption and fucked state of the world, and are not only voting to change the country but also engraining it in their minds that their vote does matter and will continue to do so while also promoting it among the next wave of new voters. Or a lot were black voters who are not amped up on changing the brutality against them and since that shit ain't going away anytime soon, will definitely give them motivation to vote.

Probably will see a downturn of voters, but I definitely think it won't drop off to last elections numbers. At least among young voters, but maybe I'm just being hopeful. 

• Like 1

in four years trump will be 78. he's obese, mentally deranged, will be facing year of lawsuits, and might very well go on to prove people can catch covid twice. i dont think he's coming back. his kids might but i dont think they have whatever mix of insanity, american (lack of) cultural legacy and charisma (if you can call it that) that is needed  to pull off what trump did.

i think the next con artist will be much more clever and we wont know until it's too late ?

• Like 4

Just now, nikisoko said:

in four years trump will be 78. he's obese, mentally deranged, will be facing year of lawsuits, and might very well go on to prove people can catch covid twice. i dont think he's coming back. his kids might but i dont think they have whatever mix of insanity, american (lack of) cultural legacy and charisma (if you can call it that) that is needed  to pull off what trump did.

i think the next con artist will be much more clever and we wont know until it's too late ?

For the American populace that still has their sanity in tact, the name Trump will forever be tainted in shame and embarrassment. The biggest challenge is making sure future generations learn this history - especially those yet to be born. May this be a valuable lesson.

so, listened to an interview this morning about what trump is going to try to do. since part of the election certification process requires electors from states carrying it forward as well as congress agreeing on the results.. he's going to try and get support from members of congress and also try to sway republican electors. It's unlikely he'll get a case dealing with recounts to be heard in the supreme court but he'll keep trying. 

if he gets enough wackos to support him he could really make a mess of things. 

the person being interviewed said it's an unlikely narrow path but it's what he'll likely aim for.  part of me thinks he's doing this to save face, raise money to cover debts and fleece his cult followers again and again.  as he moves along through this process trying to rat fuck everything.. he acquires more people and institutions to blame and rope into his conspiracy bullshit for his followers to embrace. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

part of me thinks he's doing this to save face, raise money to cover debts and fleece his cult followers again and again.  as he moves along through this process trying to rat fuck everything.. he acquires more people and institutions to blame and rope into his conspiracy bullshit for his followers to embrace. 

Exactly.

1 minute ago, cyanobacteria said:

whos going to run for republican president in 2020? i say tom cotton

I'm worried that it might be Tucker Carlson and they'll actually vote for him. I think he might be too much of a prig to be anything but a critic though.

15 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

I'm worried that it might be Tucker Carlson and they'll actually vote for him. I think he might be too much of a prig to be anything but a critic though.

yeah tucker's definitely got some of that amnat millenial/zoomer base that trump lost over the last few years & had to replace with whoever it is that takes QAnon seriously

if kanye did somehow talk his way into being the republican nominee i feel like he'd actually have a decent shot at it

1 minute ago, Cryptowen said:

yeah tucker's definitely got some of that amnat millenial/zoomer base that trump lost over the last few years & had to replace with whoever it is that takes QAnon seriously

if kanye did somehow talk his way into being the republican nominee i feel like he'd actually have a decent shot at it

idk.. i think those talking head types like their comfy pundit zone and audience. trucker carlson is the heir to the swansons frozen food fortune. he's as elite as they get when it comes to "elitist" americans and likely would get torn apart. but who knows.. we're in uncharted territory in a lot of ways. 

6 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

I don't know - "George Bush does not care about black people"?

I think he'd cost them that critical Hitler youth vote.

Edited by sweepstakes

I know everyone will take this personally, but if people like AOC and Ilhan Ohmar keep getting media coverage, we're looking at Tucker Carlson in 2024. 

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

Hate to say it, but if I had to guess who the next pres will be after Biden (1 or 2 terms), my bet would be on Kanye.  That's how dumb I think the world is right now.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 2