5 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Hate to say it, but if I had to guess who the next pres will be after Biden (1 or 2 terms), my bet would be on Kanye.  That's how dumb I think the world is right now.

That we are even contemplating it as an actual possibility is sad and p fucked up

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Hate to say it, but if I had to guess who the next pres will be after Biden (1 or 2 terms), my bet would be on Kanye.  That's how dumb I think the world is right now.

The Republican party would give him the Bernie treatment

2 hours ago, Candiru said:

I know everyone will take this personally, but if people like AOC and Ilhan Ohmar keep getting media coverage, we're looking at Tucker Carlson in 2024. 

>lets just keep moving further right because if we don't push out all the voices who are even somewhat to the left of center were going to end up even further right

the absolute state of liberals in 2020

imagine shilling for right wingers and trying to shut up the closest thing we have to a left, and thinking you arent a right winger yourself

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Farnsworth 1

where is mike pence? has he gone to pray with mother in the prayer closet? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/where-is-mike-pence-twitter-trump-b1700774.html

Whereas he appeared on the campaign trail with Donald Trump right up to the eve of election day, Mike Pence has kept a low profile in public since the results began filtering in – and even as the Trump administration fought back hard against indications the president was losing.

And the day after the race was called for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, the vice president’s public schedule appeared to be empty. He has not tweeted since the race was called.

At the time of writing, this makes him somewhat unusual among the president’s allies.

11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

The theme and voice was playing in my head. Even the little conga percussion part at the end.

I also heard the white noise of mics from the 50s and 60s. lol

2 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

imagine shilling for right wingers and trying to shut up the closest thing we have to a left, and thinking you arent a right winger yourself

Most US centrists are right wing in other countries

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

>lets just keep moving further right because if we don't push out all the voices who are even somewhat to the left of center were going to end up even further right

the absolute state of liberals in 2020

This is a bit more biting than I'd put it but yeah this is basically it. Stopping the bleeding isn't gonna cut it next time. Voters actually respond positively to things like not fearing going bankrupt from medical bills. It's the eternal disappointment of the Democratic establishment itself that turns them off.

There are plenty of rich images from the last 4 years to draw upon when someone suggests that pandering to the GOP is the right thing to do.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Candiru said:

I know everyone will take this personally, but if people like AOC and Ilhan Ohmar keep getting media coverage, we're looking at Tucker Carlson in 2024. 

You should stop paying attention to news networks that either dislike or hate progressives. The past four years has proven that the political overton window of the country is going to move in the direction of the president. Trump made the whole country more conservative with their ability to control their narrative. Bernie/AOC did not. 

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2

I saw my stepdad today and he told me he's been watching videos that my uncle sent him and he (they) believe that the democrats illegally stole the presidency from Trump. 

I didn't argue but wtf. That's a fucking theory for sure.

Edited by yekker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yekker said:

I saw my stepdad today and he told me he's been watching videos that my uncle sent him and he (they) believe that the democrats illegally stole the presidency from Trump. 

I didn't argue but wtf. That's a fucking theory for sure.

they're already hooked. saw a guy yesterday on the local news who was part of some patriot prayer protest in salem, OR and he said "we want the truth we think this is fishy and we wan tot look into it. we're tired of people saying there was no fraud because it was sooooooo obvious" 

lols. so ridiculous. 

saw interview about today on PBS news hour and they had a couple of non-partisan election experts on.. one wrote a book about the 2000 Bush V Gore case.  He said something like "it's absurd. there's no fraud. these people are alleging a multi state conspiracy including states with republican governors and republican legislatures and what really makes no sense is there are states where republicans gained seats in the house or republicans were re-elected but somehow this conspiracy only affected the presidential race and not the votes down ballot" 

it's all idiotic lunacy. sour grapes. conservative tears etc. 

the guy went on to say he had spoken to james baker who was bush's guy sent in to handle the 2000 case. that case is totally different than this election. that case was about a recount. the vote was close there were the chads etc.. and the the recount happened but then the dems wanted a hand recount and that's when the republicans said "nah" and took it to court. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brisbot said:

You should stop paying attention to news networks that either dislike or hate progressives. The past four years has proven that the political overton window of the country is going to move in the direction of the president. Trump made the whole country more conservative with their ability to control their narrative. Bernie/AOC did not. 

You should stop paying attention to things that blind you to our current political realities. People have given me shit on here for all kinds of things that ended up being true. No one learns. 

This really doesn't have anything to do with my views. You just didn't like what I told you. 

Edited by Candiru

It's bizarre to watch people on here congratulate eachother for being so ideologically fixated, that they can't respond well to someone telling them to stop shooting themselves in the foot. If there was no rioting over the summer, it would have been a Biden landslide and Dems would have control of the senate much more easily. This is a positive outcome. Does that sound conservative to you or just someone that doesn't want fringe bullshit alienating half of the electorate we're supposed to be winning back instead of losing? A lot of the things I pass along here are from someone who is in a position to know and what they've told me has pissed me off numerous times, but then they're right. And every time that happened, I've noticed what I was wrong about. I hope others can do the same. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Candiru said:

If there was no rioting over the summer, it would have been a Biden landslide and Dems would have control of the senate much more easily. This is a positive outcome.

How can you be so sure about this? Also, how can you be sure that Sanders wouldn't have had a chance to win? I mean, you could be right, but it's not certain.

The guy is senile, talks nonsense and behaves inappropriately. Trump was trump but at least he wasn’t senile and most importantly he wasn’t fake. He was a fool in a lot of things but you knew what was he thinking, something you couldn’t with with the Hillary “Palpatine” Clinton neither with Biden which is just another fake puppet, and a senile puppet too

IMG_1435.MP4 Edited by xox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 10

I mean if this guy is the best usa can give as a replacement that’s really sad! These two guys... what happened to murica?!

Edited by xox

20 minutes ago, xox said:

The guy is senile, talks nonsense and behaves inappropriately. Trump was trump but at least he wasn’t senile and most importantly he wasn’t fake. He was a fool in a lot of things but you knew what was he thinking, something you couldn’t with with the Hillary “Palpatine” Clinton neither with Biden which is just another fake puppet, and a senile puppet too

As I said a while ago in this thread I think, a lot of these are due to the mechanisms he uses to cope with his stammer.

Edited by randomsummer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

I'm worried that it might be Tucker Carlson and they'll actually vote for him. I think he might be too much of a prig to be anything but a critic though.

The Republicans will have to take a long hard look at themselves when they begin the search for a candidate for 2024.  They never wanted to allow Trump to get the nomination but caved when he said he would run as an independent if they didn't (who knows if he would've followed through with that threat considering it was all meant to be a PR stunt and he never really wanted to win).

If there is a non-traditional or whacko player trying to get the nomination, the Republicans are going to have to decide, after possibly having 4 years of near normalcy for their party, if they want to go down the wacky road again or possibly suck it up and take some immediate losses to keep their party focused on their traditional values.

Edited by randomsummer