9 hours ago, Candiru said:

It's bizarre to watch people on here congratulate eachother for being so ideologically fixated, that they can't respond well to someone telling them to stop shooting themselves in the foot. If there was no rioting over the summer, it would have been a Biden landslide and Dems would have control of the senate much more easily. This is a positive outcome. Does that sound conservative to you or just someone that doesn't want fringe bullshit alienating half of the electorate we're supposed to be winning back instead of losing? A lot of the things I pass along here are from someone who is in a position to know and what they've told me has pissed me off numerous times, but then they're right. And every time that happened, I've noticed what I was wrong about. I hope others can do the same. 

You know the protesting was a spontaneous outburst of pent up human energy expressing discontent with the contradictions of capitalism rather than some plan implemented by the far left right?  Firstly how can you possibly say that if there were no protests - protests which important brought a lot of visibility to left oriented political issues - that Biden would have won more?  I see no evidence of this or even an attempt at rationalizing it, I just see a statement. 

You think protests against white supremacy and the murder of black people is "fringe bullshit"?

Ok boomer

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

wonder what the odds are of Mar-A-Lago one day turning into a bizarro world version of Graceland. instead of having Elvis's jumpsuits, there'll be donnie's oversized pant suits on display, used cans of spray tan, shit like that.

"and this exhibit is the actual iPhone he used to tweet messages to all of you, his supporters. these are the cheeto-stained bedsheets from where he would lie in bed and watch fox news till all hours of the night."

maybe that'll be part of Barron's inheritance package. charge $50 a pop to have a good look at all of it...

• Haha 3

It began on a gold escalator. It may have ended at Four Seasons Total Landscaping.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/four-seasons-total-landscaping-guiliani-trump-election/2020/11/08/3cf80056-2134-11eb-b532-05c751cd5dc2_story.html

PHILADELPHIA — The end came in all the places you’d expect, in all the ways you’d expect, with all the people you’d expect.

When news broke Saturday that Donald Trump’s reign was ending, the president was on a golf course that he owns in Virginia, playing his last round as a non-loser. In Washington, about 125 of his worshipful supporters gathered on the stoop of the Supreme Court to “stop the steal,” then circumnavigated the U.S. Capitol seven times, because that’s how the Israelites conquered Jericho, according to the Book of Joshua. And a pair of Trump’s most loyal surrogates made a defiant stand on the gravelly backside of a landscaping business in an industrial stretch of Northeast Philadelphia, near a crematorium and an adult-video store called Fantasy Island, along State Road, which leads — as being associated with Trump sometimes does — to a prison.

Edited by fumi
  • Like 1

Man, the stuff about Biden having dementia really rustles my jimmies. I’ve had a mild stutter/stammer all my life, and I can recognize the same issue in his speech patterns. I grew up being called a “retard” and was dumped into remedial classes in frigging kindergarten, with my IQ seriously called into doubt, until a few years later when everyone suddenly noticed that I was actually excelling academically.  

Getting around the stutter is still a struggle, even after years of public speaking, work as an attorney and a professor, etc.  It still makes me feel stupid, or like I’ve had a stroke, or some kind of aphasia.  And it’s mild for me. 

I’ve had trouble getting ahead in my professional career because of the first impression I make with interviewers, etc.  

I don’t particularly care for Biden (although the strategy of running him against Trump was clearly sound), and  have had enough of old white men in the WH (Bernie would be absolutely included).  

But this line of attack needs to fuck right off.  

person woman man camera tv

Edited by baph
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, randomsummer said:

As I said a while ago in this thread I think, a lot of these are due to the mechanisms he uses to cope with his stammer.

15 minutes ago, baph said:

Man, the stuff about Biden having dementia really rustles my jimmies. I’ve had a mild stutter/stammer all my life, and I can recognize the same issue in his speech patterns. I grew up being called a “retard” and was dumped into remedial classes in frigging kindergarten, with my IQ seriously called into doubt, until a few years later when everyone suddenly noticed that I was actually excelling academically.  

Getting around the stutter is still a struggle, even after years of public speaking, work as an attorney and a professor, etc.  It still makes me feel stupid, or like I’ve had a stroke, or some kind of aphasia.  And it’s mild for me. 

I’ve had trouble getting ahead in my professional career because of the first impression I make with interviewers, etc.  

I don’t particularly care for Biden (although the strategy of running him against Trump was clearly sound), and  have had enough of old white men in the WH (Bernie would be absolutely included).  

But this line of attack needs to fuck right off.  

person woman man camera tv

I'm not sure that's what people are alluding to though -- haven't there been several incidents where he confused people, mixed up names etc.? That wouldn't be connected to stuttering, would it?

Edit: I say that as one of WATMM's least intelligent.

Edited by IDEM

https://truthout.org/articles/trump-plans-obituary-readings-at-rallies-to-support-false-claims-of-voter-fraud/

President Donald Trump, unwilling to concede an election loss to President-elect Joe Biden, is reportedly planning to hold campaign-style rallies in support of his push to dispute the outcome of last week’s contest.

Those rallies, per reporting from Axios, are set to include Trump reading off names from newspaper obituaries, alleging that those individuals had voted in the election even though they were dead.

^^ hopefully the people helping him in that defense don't all die of covid because:

WASHINGTON — David Bossie, a Trump advisor who was just put in charge of the campaign’s election legal battle just days ago, has been diagnosed with COVID-19, according to a new report Monday.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/09/david-bossie-head-of-trump-campaign-legal-fight-has-covid-19-report/

I absolutely say the exact wrong thing and stumble over word choice.  Half of my thought process is probably devoted to monitoring what’s coming out of my mouth and making sure it’s aligned to what I’m trying to say and that I’m saying it correctly. I can’t remember the last time I actually had a stereotypical st-st-stutter but the spoken word still gets away from me all the time, especially when I’m tired or anxious.  And when things do go awry and I try to self correct it can look even worse. The message gets garbled, I doubt what I said, and sometimes the wrong word comes out.

I slur words together sometimes, which makes me sound really stupid, and Biden does it too.  The word order in sentences gets garbled, and Biden does that too.  I don’t see a single thing in either of the videoclips posted that I haven’t done, right down to fucking up proper names, which I do every single day and I don’t know why, but when it happens Biden and I both try to self-correct, sometimes disastrously.

• Like 7

@baphthank you for sharing your personal experience and sorry you had to go through that (and still struggle). The trumpists focus on that has always really bothered me too. I haven’t seen much chatter about it here though.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ignatius said:

https://truthout.org/articles/trump-plans-obituary-readings-at-rallies-to-support-false-claims-of-voter-fraud/

President Donald Trump, unwilling to concede an election loss to President-elect Joe Biden, is reportedly planning to hold campaign-style rallies in support of his push to dispute the outcome of last week’s contest.

Those rallies, per reporting from Axios, are set to include Trump reading off names from newspaper obituaries, alleging that those individuals had voted in the election even though they were dead.

I wouldn't worry. The oxygen is quickly going out of the Trump campaign now. The focus and attention is quickly moving elsewhere.

A very telling point: 

Pfizer notified the Biden Task Force last night. Trump had to read about it when everyone else knew. 

Pfizer knows where the power now lays.

41 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

@baphthank you for sharing your personal experience and sorry you had to go through that (and still struggle). The trumpists focus on that has always really bothered me too. I haven’t seen much chatter about it here though.

Thank you, dude. I’m definitely not trying to get folks to feel sorry for me; it’s not that serious and not a huge daily struggle, just something that sits in the background and rears its head seemingly only when the embarrassment would be maximized.  It was worse when I was an adolescent and teen and didn’t really know how to deal with it.

Usually the biggest tell I have is a kind of slurring disfluency, which also seems to be Biden’s major issue.  I feel like that old dude from Jackass sometimes, and I know how dumb it sounds as I’m saying it. Like I’m drunk or brain damaged.

The stuff that seems more aphasia-y is more rare but really disconcerting when it happens — I know it’s happening in real time too (and Biden’s self-correction shows that he does as well). 

But at the same time, I hear everyone bungling words all the time, and maybe I’m just self-conscious about it because of the other issues. Maybe it stands out more for people like me and Biden because the speech itself is just off enough to highlight “misspeaking.”

It’s not like Trump doesn’t do it too, and certainly W was worse than even Biden at getting coherent sentences out. 

Anyway, my parents never took me to any kind of speech pathologist or anything and I’ve just sort of learned to deal with it, which is fine, but it also means I don’t really have any scientific insight into what’s going on beyond confirming that I’m not in cognitive decline despite sometimes struggling with verbal communication.  

Edited by baph
Reason for edit? Dementia probably.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, custom knob said:

The best possible outcome would be trump forming his own party. Someone needs to convince him the Republican Party was a hindrance to his re-election chances

MAGAPublicans™

• Burger 1

I’d imagine establishing Trump News Network would be step one given his typical MO, especially with the cracks starting to show in his relationship with Fox.  

I don’t think the GOP will abandon its current trajectory. Trump wasn’t the cause, he was just the figurehead and an indication of where the Republican base is (and they’re neck deep in that shit).

Edit: in other words, I don’t see a post-Trump GOP in January; the relationship is still mutually beneficial. Trump however will pivot to whatever platform amplifies his voice loudest, because being the loudest voice in the room and promoting his brand is all he really cares about.

edit 2: then again, what could be more lucrative than sucking at the udder of a Perpetual Campaign cash cow for the remainder of your life? Can any amoral old politician resist that sweet-sour pull once he has supped upon campaign finance’s fecund tit?

wait what

Edited by baph