2 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Well, by and large, they're not. They are severely uneducated.

this is the rule, not the exception, in america these days. -  i'm sure the stats are worse since the article's publishing date. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/11/01/hiding-in-plain-sight-the-adult-literacy-crisis/

Approximately 32 million adults in the United States can't read, according to the U.S. Department of Education and the National Institute of Literacy. The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development found that 50 percent of U.S. adults can't read a book written at an eighth-grade level.

• Sad 2
  • Burger 1

7 minutes ago, ignatius said:

this is the rule, not the exception, in america these days. -  i'm sure the stats are worse since the article's publishing date. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/11/01/hiding-in-plain-sight-the-adult-literacy-crisis/

Approximately 32 million adults in the United States can't read, according to the U.S. Department of Education and the National Institute of Literacy. The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development found that 50 percent of U.S. adults can't read a book written at an eighth-grade level.

Being a former public school employee for 13 years, I am WELL aware. It’s beyond rough if you don’t live in the “right” neighborhood.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nebraska said:

hopefully they also have some insane rallies and ill be down

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

whoa, that is super embarrassing. I can't think of a worse idea than to emulate the stupid red MAGA hats. 

• Like 4

if you are someone who would call strangers to help them register, in georgia, so mitch mcconnell won't be majority leader for the next 2 years, then here are your links. 

https://votesaveamerica.com/state/georgia/

https://www.mobilize.us/crooked/event/363574/

both pages run through crooked media, aka podsaveamerica - former obama admin staffers gone organizers. they're coordinating with the local georgia organizations.

georgia voter registration ends dec 7. early voting starts dec 14. election day is jan 5. 2 of the 100 senate seats are up, and they will decide control. both republican incumbants have insider trading scandals, including trading on the pandemic while enabling republican deception on the topic, and helped to cover up trump's high crimes.

these guys are a great resource for those who participate

@Brisbot are you in ga? trying to remember. if so, would be curious on your take, on the ground

Edited by very honest
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2020 at 9:10 PM, ignatius said:

jesus these fucking people are batshit.. but hey.. if they discourage republicans from voting in the georgia runoffs.. ok? 

am i having too much faith in humanity to think that lin wood guy might be a subversive deliberately trying to trick cultists out of voting? ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mycospherologyst said:

thats seems like a real bad idea

it's a terrible idea but i think it's  cash grab. a chance for a select few to make a few bucks off those stupid enough to gloat. 

but wtf.. we don't need a new cult of blue hats. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's a terrible idea but i think it's  cash grab. a chance for a select few to make a few bucks off those stupid enough to gloat. 

but wtf.. we don't need a new cult of blue hats. 

It's not associated with the official Biden campaign or anything right?

can't make this shit up.. well, they are but i mean.. 

Giuliani’s witness at voter fraud hearing just got off probation for computer crime, reports say

It’s the latest twist in a bizarre testimony that instantly went viral on Wednesday

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/giuliani-michigan-carone-computer-crime-b1766472.html

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

can someone explain how it's possible to see how bad everything is and still think liberal democracy is the solution?

We’ve tried quite a few alternatives. All of them were worse.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

can someone explain how it's possible to see how bad everything is and still think liberal democracy is the solution?

Lets not look at the US as some shining example of it. It's a mix of advanced states and some that are closer to developmental states. The governmental system is also outdated and isn't really able to do fundamental reforms. It's an empire in decline.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, azatoth said:

Lets not look at the US as some shining example of it. It's a mix of advanced states and some that are closer to developmental states. The governmental system is also outdated and isn't really able to do fundamental reforms. It's an empire in decline.

Yes the American form is outdated, but it's also the longest-standing continuous democracy. It needs reform to better represent the nation as a whole (some sort of federalism similar to what we have in Canada but better please), as well as to provide real options for political parties (like moving to some form of proportional representation voting system), and legislative reform to get rid of money in politics.

But it should be noted that while Trump and his fucking ilk are trying their level best to subvert democracy, the system so far is working as fucntioned - where the courts are putting a check on the attempt to stage a coup. So there must be something to it.

• Like 1