On 12/26/2020 at 8:51 PM, ignatius said:

not sure which is longer.. 

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2600/2600-h/2600-h.htm

srsly though i read a chunk of that 'granular election analysis' and it's good.. skimmed a lot of it too. 

No need to read, you can listen with your ears here 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mister miller said:

let's hope he's wrong.

i mean that would pretty much set the stage for a civil conflicted some sort, no?

we will happen to pull through the situation, this time, even if 100+ members object. it's damaging, though, and indicative of the underlying ill information health of the country, and the seriousness of this kind of a threat. i guess you could say it sets the stage for other bad things, but we will handle the fools in a mature way.

8 minutes ago, very honest said:

we will happen to pull through the situation, this time, even if 100+ members object. it's damaging, though, and indicative of the underlying ill information health of the country, and the seriousness of this kind of a threat. i guess you could say it sets the stage for other bad things, but we will handle the fools in a mature way.

these idiots are just trying to appease trump and his base. "we did all we could please re-elect us"

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

these idiots are just trying to appease trump and his base. "we did all we could please re-elect us"

yeah

even murdoch is turning back from the brink. his ny post did a front page op-ed calling flynn seditious, trump's lawyer crazy, and telling trump to stop fucking around and concede.

New York Post to Donald Trump: Stop the insanity - CNN

fearing trump is not worth attaching one's name to him. trump will maintain some fund-raising ability and influence, but those may wane dramatically and quickly. 

7 hours ago, very honest said:

I'll bet only a couple if that actually believe that there was any widespread fraud during the election.  The rest is just appeasing the base and the stupid, childish one-upmanship that politics here have become.

Rs are rallying around the "precedent" that was set when some Ds symbolically challenged the electoral college result in 2000.  They're saying, "Look, you guys challenged in 2000 so why can't we do it now?"  Of course, don't let facts get in the way, because that was a legit challenge where the presidency was decided by a few hundred votes and some conservative judges, not tens of thousands of votes and a 7+ mil pop vote margin.

If anything will erode our government here, I'll bet it's this stupid one-upmanship.  Every time one party (usually Rs) throw out decorum and do something that's borderline but not really against the rules, neither party will ever follow that rule ever again.  Where does this lead us in 20 year's time?

• Like 3

disappointed no one painted "MOSCOW MITCH" on his door as that's the one that seems to get under his ample skin the most. 

pellosi and mitch are both multi millionaires. i forget the $ amount but over 20 or 30 million. 

Nancy-Pelosi-Bra-Size.jpg

C4uKxefVYAQEqXY?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.wltx.com/article/news/politics/elections/trump-tweets-about-fulton-county-brad-raffensperger-brian-kemp/85-a503efec-df8a-42ee-a92f-70271eac840f

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the President pressuring Raffensperger to "recalculate" the Georgia vote count because "I just want to find 11,780 votes"

Edited by ignatius

46 minutes ago, ignatius said:

that recording....wow

this guys an absolute maniac. 25th amendment when?

If he actually believes he won, then he's delusion and should be removed ASAP.

If he doesn't actually believe he won, then he must be afraid of what happens when he's no longer in office.

• Like 1

^ i think this is actually a new recording... (!). he says something like "you have a big election on tuesday"

1 hour ago, mister miller said:

that recording....wow

this guys an absolute maniac. 25th amendment when?

If he actually believes he won, then he's delusion and should be removed ASAP.

If he doesn't actually believe he won, then he must be afraid of what happens when he's no longer in office.

yeah that tape is the big thing on journalist twitter rn. a lot of people pointing out it's a prime example of shitty-mob-boss trump style. listened to the 4 minute excerpt selection and what stands out to me is the veiled threats of DOJ action against georgia election officials. it's like what even am i supposed to say about this? we're not supposed to be in this position. it's bizarre that i need to say anything. information warfare brought us to this place where things that should be obvious need to be explained. it's surreal.

just the latest example of scraping the ceiling, regarding the heights of wtf-ism in this fucked era. a dangerous and damaging normalcy. real damage, like hundreds of thousands needlessly dead, an economy maimed, allies abandoned to be defeated in war, and freedom in america in serious jeopardy. democracy is freedom. this is the thing that hundreds of years of ancestors fought to arrive at. 

my hope is that villains like ted cruz attaching themselves to this embodiment of fuckedism could facilitate a good purge, down the line. if we can whip the public into getting serious about not being so easily duped then we could run a bunch of these swine out of town. 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Didn't they already report that he had been calling Governors about the same subject?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-kemp-call-georgia/2020/12/05/fd8d677c-3721-11eb-8d38-6aea1adb3839_story.html

now he's telling him to find him 11,000 votes and all kinds of other bullshit. the tapes are new anyways. 

trump probably thinks he lost but that it's all fair if he can steal some votes and be declared the winner.. that's how his life has been. if he can cheat to win then that's normal. 

• Like 1

Once Trump returns to his civil status again, can't the American population sue him for destroying the economy by neglecting the importance of COVID?

I mean, it's a dumb enough idea.

• Like 1