4 hours ago, zero said:

did you notice the $203 price tag on it though?

F U Bezos!

Believe it or not that's actually a pretty decent price, it took me forever to find one that I could afford and that's only because a bookshop put it up (comparatively) cheap on eBay because the cover is this faded:

20210108_144939.thumb.jpg.c285432b777249ac2518b2a1d5b4a437.jpg

that acid fascisim book looks really interesting/relevant

there's a huge crossover between the contemporary american dissident right (especially those under 40), and like, quasi-mystical chaos magician psychonautic shitposters. the crazier shit gets, the less concepts like "meme magic" feel like ironic jokes; rather they begin to feel like signifiers of an entirely new sort of worldview that's overcoding the logic of 20th century liberal democracy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

harsh. other angle of the woman shot at the capital. 

multi angles synched: 

- nsfw/nsfl obviously

While I still can't deny basic empathy toward people died yesterday, particularly since these woman was a deluded zealot, but when I think how these same people were salivating over Trump opponents and protestors being shot and killed I can't sustain it either. They've excused murders by cops of citizens in the wrong place at the wrong time. They've called for blood when people took their anger out on empty corporate stores. This mob literally tried to tear apart the heart of our country's civil venue because they want to deny the peaceful democratic exit of a fucking authoritarian thug. The sheer restraint and lack of consequence is staggering. This could have easily been a lopsided but deserved bloodbath. 

I was struck yesterday about how 4 TX GOP legislators, including one or two who voted against the electoral college vote, nonetheless expressed sincere angry and disgust at the mob. They literally held back a door and barricaded it so other staff and legislators could escape. Let's be real, if this mob got to any Democrat they would have violently assaulted them. Kidnappings and executions could have easily happened. Some mob members literally had zip cuffs on them. This was literally an attack on everyone because they were destroying our capitol and the elected officials WE voted in democratically. That woman killed yesterday keeps having her military record touted. Fuck that. She literally broke her oath to the constitution and was justified in being shot for trying to attack elected officials.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Braintree said:

These jackasses are starting to see why Black Bloc is important.

please do not encourage the fascists to adopt black(shirt) block tactics ?

3 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

that acid fascisim book looks really interesting/relevant

there's a huge crossover between the contemporary american dissident right (especially those under 40), and like, quasi-mystical chaos magician psychonautic shitposters. the crazier shit gets, the less concepts like "meme magic" feel like ironic jokes; rather they begin to feel like signifiers of an entirely new sort of worldview that's overcoding the logic of 20th century liberal democracy

theres an overlap between crackhead druggy psychonaut conspiracy theorists and nazism.  from what i can tell its about esoteric and extreme mental beliefs.  id almost go as far as to say its literal brainfrying effect that causes the brain to need more extreme thoughts but im not a neurologist or whatever

6 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

While I still can't deny basic empathy toward people died yesterday, particularly since these woman was a deluded zealot, but when I think how these same people were salivating over Trump opponents and protestors being shot and killed I can't sustain it either. They've excused murders by cops of citizens in the wrong place at the wrong time. They've called for blood when people took their anger out on empty corporate stores. This mob literally tried to tear apart the heart of our country's civil venue because they want to deny the peaceful democratic exit of a fucking authoritarian thug. The sheer restraint and lack of consequence is staggering. This could have easily been a lopsided but deserved bloodbath. 

I was struck yesterday about how 4 TX GOP legislators, including one or two who voted against the electoral college vote, nonetheless expressed sincere angry and disgust at the mob. They literally held back a door and barricaded it so other staff and legislators could escape. Let's be real, if this mob got to any Democrat they would have violently assaulted them. Kidnappings and executions could have easily happened. Some mob members literally had zip cuffs on them. This was literally an attack on everyone because they were destroying our capitol and the elected officials WE voted in democratically. That woman killed yesterday keeps having her military record touted. Fuck that. She literally broke her oath to the constitution and was justified in being shot for trying to attack elected officials.

Normally, I would think that lady's death would be horrible, but she knew what she was getting into. She was a veteran and chose to pick a fight with the United States government. Frankly, I find it really fucking funny. Like in a Darwin awards kind of way. I'm sure that sounds callous, but I really can't give one single fuck about her or that dumbass that tazed himself to death via his balls. That stupid pack of yokels deserves all of the derision that's coming to them. This is the same group that praised a boy that murdered two men at a protest and spent all summer telling us that we should just shut our mouths and accept that police are above the law. etc. etc. etc. etc. Their foolishness goes on and on, and the deaths that happened on Wednesday aren't even close to making up for their stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Braintree said:

Normally, I would think that lady's death would be horrible, but she knew what she was getting into. She was a veteran and chose to pick a fight with the United States government. Frankly, I find it really fucking funny. Like in a Darwin awards kind of way. I'm sure that sounds callous, but I really can't give one single fuck about her or that dumbass that tazed himself to death via his balls. That stupid pack of yokels deserves all of the derision that's coming to them. This is the same group that praised a boy that murdered two men at a protest and spent all summer telling us that we should just shut our mouths and accept that police are above the law. etc. etc. etc. etc. Their foolishness goes on and on, and the deaths that happened on Wednesday aren't even close to making up for their stupidity.

Also, a decent amount of these terrorists are the same fucks that refuse to wear masks, spreading the virus & contributing to the massive death toll. Hard to feel compassion when you actually witness them in public spaces being belligerent.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 3:40 PM, chenGOD said:

Agreed - are we (general we, not the secret elite mod team at WATMM) powerless to change that though?

Not at all. Real world things, improving educational structures and teacher pay. Diversity teaching can get very pc, so getting in to those discussions with younger age groups early, allowing them to see and question the variety of beliefs and codes, myths, research, toxicity and the consequences of systemic political cancer. It’s always been there, but the US high school system is pretty poor. No offence, Merkins.

Case study here was B Bragg reappropriating the Union Jack from far right groups, pity his music is such a dirge. Theory was there though.

On 1/8/2021 at 5:24 PM, very honest said:

also norse mythology is pretty cool. glad i learned about the known link between odinist symbol tattoos and WS

Water sports?

• Like 2

trump supporters receiving aid after being tear gassed on wednesday

now the subject of a PS battle on reddit. 

go7ej8khica61.jpg

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2
  • Burger 1

56 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

Not at all. Real world things, improving educational structures and teacher pay. Diversity teaching can get very pc, so getting in to those discussions with younger age groups early, allowing them to see and question the variety of beliefs and codes, myths, research, toxicity and the consequences of systemic political cancer. It’s always been there, but the US high school system is pretty poor. No offence, Merkins.

Case study here was B Bragg reappropriating the Union Jack from far right groups, pity his music is such a dirge. Theory was there though.

‘‘twas more of a rhetorical question, but a good explanation always welcome. 

24 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

The more on the ground footage I see from DC, the more likely I think it is a good portion of that crowd had been drinking, tailgating. yeehaw!

pretty sure in one of those videos posted of the rioters calmly walking out the door of the capitol, I heard some guy say "let's go grab some beer and come back later"