2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

the local news here is running that video on repeat.. or it was yesterday.  i hope he has to face some consequences for his dumbassery. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

the local news here is running that video on repeat.. or it was yesterday.  i hope he has to face some consequences for his dumbassery. 

Boy is there a large group that tries to make Oregon look terrible.

Ugh. The stupidity of it all. It's too much to take in. 

Why is a pillow-salesman a relevant source of political authority? 

Why do so many people not have a basic understanding of how statistics works, or even just a reasonable sense of proportion? This fraud stuff is overwhelmingly dumb. 

3 hours ago, apriorion said:

Ugh. The stupidity of it all. It's too much to take in. 

Why is a pillow-salesman a relevant source of political authority? 

Why do so many people not have a basic understanding of how statistics works, or even just a reasonable sense of proportion? This fraud stuff is overwhelmingly dumb. 

He’s planning on running for Governor of Minnesota

10 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

He’s planning on running for Governor of Minnesota

Why are sane, level-headed, caring people not the ones all gung-ho to hold positions of power, why is it always these morons?

I mean you're kind of answering your own question, to be gung-ho for power implies that you don't intend to use it as a force for everyone's good. handling that responsibility correctly is an enormous burden and no "good" person would enter into it without thought or consideration for how best to do the job, without some measure of circumspection. power-hungry people don't care about any of that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, randomsummer said:

Yeah I get it, I'm just lamenting this fact and wishing that the sane people would be the power hungry ones.

I've often thought that low - mid level / municipal council type roles should be filled as part of a national service for 2-3 years- in the sense that the last people that should be allowed power are the ones that want it and that its not something that you build a career on or depend on for long term financial security. Similar to jury duty you can be called and required to serve, but for roles that equate to your education and background. We all have something to offer our community.

Higher level national roles in power should just be better paid, controlled and vetted so that they attract the right type of person that again has the common good at heart - rather then the current swarm of self-serving cut-throat career politicians whose only aim is self enrichment and no sense of public duty.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

lol, he can’t remember saying he has one of the best memories in the world

he doesn't give a shit. looks like a kid called into the principal's office. such contempt. i don't think he cares or knows about half the things he's said at rallies or in long interviews. it's all temporary shit so he can get through whatever it is and move on to eating hamberders. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ignatius said:

he doesn't give a shit. looks like a kid called into the principal's office. such contempt. i don't think he cares or knows about half the things he's said at rallies or in long interviews. it's all temporary shit so he can get through whatever it is and move on to eating hamberders. 

Like his niece said, he has been institutionalized since childhood, an eternal manchild with no coping mechanisms we adults take for granted. The world is as he imagines it, and when facts conflict with his reality distortion field, his only response is to recede into childhood.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

If it isn't news about him going to jail or something, then why bother giving a shit? I'm so tired of hearing about that schmuck.

• Like 6

While it's fun to see Trump in a situation he cannot control, being forced to sit and listen and respond, he's just doing what any other defendant in a lawsuit would be doing during a deposition.  The prosecuting attorney is obviously trying to get Trump to admit to things that could make his case easier, and it's the defendant's job to make it as hard as possible for the prosecutor.

Not sure this sheds much new light on his character, it just shows how boring and adversarial depositions can get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

It was exactly the same attitude that Louis Dejoy had when appearing in front of congress. "I don't give a fuck, get me out of here."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

If it isn't news about him going to jail or something, then why bother giving a shit? I'm so tired of hearing about that schmuck.

his fading relevance has been a great lift to my mood. the last thing i looked at that had to do w/him was about his financial problems on the immediate horizon. at the end of the report about all of it the journalist made sure to mention that economists said if trump had followed advice of everyone around him and divested himself of his company holdings, liquidating his holdings, and put that money in the S/P 500 just tracking the index of it.. that he'd have several hundred more millions of dollars than he has now. 

• Like 1

A few caveats before watching:

1. They were dumb enough to put Tik Tok on their phones 

2. most look like they were recorded in the Chik Fil A drive thru

3. a lot of “ya’lls” and Southern accents

4. apparently there was some kind of military coup in Washington DC??

“Can y’all tell me how to turn off being mean to me on Tik Tok?” 

Also, someone apparently took away someone else’s right to “cut their dicks off”  I wouldn’t want to be sleeping next to her at night ?

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1