14 minutes ago, very honest said:

violence is the wrong thing. trust me.

the correct conclusion to this embarassing chapter would be garland doj indicting for obstruction of justice, and maybe some other stuff like incitement of insurrection, conspiracy to commit sedition, perjury, unlawfully blocking congressionally allocated funds, solicitation of a bribe, and whatever else is completely appropriate. personally, i think treason may be tennable, if they had the balls to do it. maybe state charges on interfering with elections, in tandem. 

the way we fumble this is as a country is by not making an example out of him and those who unwisely joined him. he committed some of the most egregious offenses against the country in its history. he is the greatest threat the country faced since the nazis. of course he was not alone, and he is best understood as a growth on the ass of the modern rightist scene. nonetheless, he decided to be the guy.

trump's only a symptom though.. sure a lot of people would probably bail out w/o him but he only seized on what was there and used it.  if he goes or not what he used will still be there. the rise of alt right nazi types and fascist types aren't going away. some of them used him as much as he used them. all these far right military type groups are recruiting and using these events as tools to show that 'something is coming' and they just roll all that shit into their messaging. 

no one knows how this will go but there's various predictions which seem possible. it'd be a mistake to under estimate how shitty things will get. 

23 minutes ago, very honest said:

the correct conclusion to this embarassing chapter would be garland doj indicting for obstruction of justice, and maybe some other stuff like incitement of insurrection, conspiracy to commit sedition, perjury, unlawfully blocking congressionally allocated funds, solicitation of a bribe, and whatever else is completely appropriate. personally, i think treason may be tennable, if they had the balls to do it. maybe state charges on interfering with elections, in tandem. 

I too would like for this to happen. but based on the past track record in trying to lawfully hold donald accountable for just about anything illegitimate he's done since the '80s, just don't believe it will. call me skeptical, but the NY DA stuff is going to get dragged out for so long, I don't hold much hope it will result in "taking him down." it could result in charges against some of his inner circle. but you know they'll all fall on their sword for him, and he'll keep on keepin' on with his belligerent MAGA agenda, leading up to a 2024 run.

1 hour ago, very honest said:

violence is the wrong thing. trust me.

the way we fumble this is as a country is by not making an example out of him and those who unwisely joined him. he committed some of the most egregious offenses against the country in its history. he is the greatest threat the country faced since the nazis. of course he was not alone, and he is best understood as a growth on the ass of the modern rightist scene. nonetheless, he decided to be the guy.

I'm not advocating a violent end for him, I would like it to appear as if he passed from some natural causes.  Splitting hairs maybe, but we can't make him a martyr of course.

And of course I would like to see him publicly held accountable for all of the shit he pulled, but can anyone really do that in a way that the people who need to get that message won't write it off as a "witch hunt"?  Sure, he'll be held accountable in the court of history once we have decades of perspective and temporal distance, but I'm hoping we can have both.  He passes on of "natural causes", Garland and SDNY release all the stuff that he would've been charged with, R public officials are no longer afraid of being bullied by him and are perhaps slightly more inclined to try and turn the R party back to possessing some semblance of decorum.

Edited by randomsummer
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

I'm not advocating a violent end for him, I would like it to appear as if he passed from some natural causes.  Splitting hairs maybe, but we can't make him a martyr of course.

And of course I would like to see him publicly held accountable for all of the shit he pulled, but can anyone really do that in a way that the people who need to get that message won't write it off as a "witch hunt"?  Sure, he'll be held accountable in the court of history once we have decades of perspective and temporal distance, but I'm hoping we can have both.  He passes on of "natural causes", Garland and SDNY release all the stuff that he would've been charged with, R public officials are no longer afraid of being bullied by him and are perhaps slightly more inclined to try and turn the R party back to possessing some semblance of decorum.

i still think the most satisfying end for trump would be for him to have a stroke at one of his rallies.. live for all to see. so that he becomes unable to take care of himself and has to hire someone to change him and feed him and collect the drool from his chin. unable to speak properly. he'd hate it as he would become one of the things he despises which is disable people. ever since he made fun of that reporter that way.. mocking his movements.. i've hoped this for him.. that he'd have a stroke or similar and become disabled. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

but we can't make him a martyr of course.

isn't it too late for that though? I know textbook definition of the word indicates he is killed fighting for his beliefs, which in turn legitimizes his cause. but he already has practically half the freakin' country fighting for his cause, which is of course all based on spinster bullshit.

13 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i still think the most satisfying end for trump would be for him to have a stroke at one of his rallies.. live for all to see.

a stroke while pooping his pants on stage is my wish list item. if the curtains on stage also caught fire while that was happening, I wouldn't be opposed.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2021 at 1:13 PM, ignatius said:

trump's only a symptom though.. sure a lot of people would probably bail out w/o him but he only seized on what was there and used it.  if he goes or not what he used will still be there. the rise of alt right nazi types and fascist types aren't going away. some of them used him as much as he used them. all these far right military type groups are recruiting and using these events as tools to show that 'something is coming' and they just roll all that shit into their messaging. 

no one knows how this will go but there's various predictions which seem possible. it'd be a mistake to under estimate how shitty things will get. 

i agree that he was a symptom. but still, he made those choices and these are crimes that people get indicted for. that he was president and did them as part of his authoritarian efforts makes it all the more important that justice take place.

absolutely agree that the phenomenon also exists without him. him facing justice helps, though.

crazy militia shit, the internet mutated them and now russia can feed them shit. i'm hopeful it's like the severe symptoms to an illness one has no immunity to. the masses got online like 12 years ago. chaos ensues. the antibodies are every one of us calling dumbasses dumbasses.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:28 PM, zero said:

I too would like for this to happen. but based on the past track record in trying to lawfully hold donald accountable for just about anything illegitimate he's done since the '80s, just don't believe it will. call me skeptical, but the NY DA stuff is going to get dragged out for so long, I don't hold much hope it will result in "taking him down." it could result in charges against some of his inner circle. but you know they'll all fall on their sword for him, and he'll keep on keepin' on with his belligerent MAGA agenda, leading up to a 2024 run.

we will see. some say he would put on a show about running in 2024 if he feared charges, to make it harder for doj to do it, politically. 

On 9/27/2021 at 2:25 PM, randomsummer said:

dark thoughts. homicide is not the answer.

trump supporters will shrink in number but won't go away. it's still important to do that work.

if he died it could be worse. less may come out, and the base would be solidified and more resistant to negative information. 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, very honest said:

dark thoughts. homicide is not the answer.

Oh I agree, I don't like having those thoughts but I have a personality type that is very empathetic but tends to rationalize destructive behavior under stress.  Whenever I think of all the harm he's caused and all the people's lives he's ruined or changed for the worse, all the families he's fractured, I just can't help it.

I think if he was killed I would feel bad and guilty in the end, I think ideally I would want it to happen that way without my knowledge, I guess.

On 9/28/2021 at 6:32 AM, randomsummer said:

Oh I agree, I don't like having those thoughts but I have a personality type that is very empathetic but tends to rationalize destructive behavior under stress.  Whenever I think of all the harm he's caused and all the people's lives he's ruined or changed for the worse, all the families he's fractured, I just can't help it.

I think if he was killed I would feel bad and guilty in the end, I think ideally I would want it to happen that way without my knowledge, I guess.

The best word I’ve seen to describe that man is “Evil”. Any human death is a tragedy, but I doubt many outside his party, and even many within it, would not shed a tear for him. I can imagine his grave will have to be guarded to avoid repeated vandalism.

new primary source document: senate judiciary committee released a report on trump doj scheme to send clark letter to georgia and other states, encouraging them to reconsider their electors, stopped only by top brass at DOJ threatening a mass exodus, culminating in a 3 hour argument with the white house on a sunday night in early january.

On 10/5/2021 at 1:43 AM, ignatius said:

everyone gets thrown under the bus.

78gpuykhnir71.jpg?width=465&auto=webp&s=

america saved from autocracy by its own idiocy. kraken lawyer such a joke trump won't talk to her

On 10/5/2021 at 3:27 AM, Rubin Farr said:

The best word I’ve seen to describe that man is “Evil”. Any human death is a tragedy, but I doubt many outside his party, and even many within it, would not shed a tear for him. I can imagine his grave will have to be guarded to avoid repeated vandalism.

absolutely. between the compulsive deception, the half million lives lost, the coup attempt, and the psychopathic cruelty, trump is one of the best living examples of what the word is for.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

imagine sweating for decades through school and a high profile law career only to blow it all up for a guy who doesn't even remember you exist. humans truly are the biggest brained animal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

You lot still seething over Trump lol

"must be killed" boo boo boo "saved from autocracy" boo boo "Trump Jr so miserable" boo boo boo

Let it go

you are not alone, as a wrong person

america is presently in a prolonged constitutional crisis. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amen Lare said:

"must be killed" boo boo boo "saved from autocracy" boo boo "Trump Jr so miserable" boo boo boo

Let it go

i'm posting for cringe lols at this point. it's all just a spectacle side show that inevitably will result in trump being re-elected in 2024 just in time to take credit for any gains that come from biden's infrastructure plans should they get through congress in some form. it's gonna be hilarious.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 6:36 AM, Amen Lare said:

Let it go

On 10/11/2021 at 9:36 AM, Amen Lare said:

Let it go

i know the idea that without trump the USA is still a functioning democracy or whatever is just laughable and sad. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 8:34 AM, usagi said:

imagine sweating for decades through school and a high profile law career only to blow it all up for a guy who doesn't even remember you exist. humans truly are the biggest brained animal.

Was watching a Sopranos rerun, and in the Christopher Columbus Day episode, they hold up Rudy Giuliani as an example of a great Italian American ?

• 2 weeks later...