25 minutes ago, zero said:

for the record, I live in what's called reality, and have a pretty good guess what would happen if the "workers" all banded together and gave a big F U to the man. they are not all going to be sharing knowledge and helping advance the greater good, they are going to be taking care of them and their own, as if they were like most other humans.

You're showing capitalist realism here. You're American and were born (?) and live in a society far more individualist than the vast majority of countries in the world. It's easier to envisage some barbaric end of the world than people working together because of an insanely individualistic culture you (and I to a lesser extent in my opinion) experience daily.

Edited by milkface

3 minutes ago, milkface said:

Well the banding together ought to happen before the "freeing" - that's what made the revolution in Vietnam, China or Cuba successful, the opposite (banding together afterwards) causes vacuums of power which many greedy opportunists are more than ready to fill. This is why ideology is important.

I agree that any sort of banding together should happen before the freeing part. but that didn't seem to be what comrade Zeff was saying. that's why I asked him to clarify. then he put words in my mouth about what I believe, now here we are!

6 minutes ago, milkface said:

You're showing capitalist realism here. You're American and were born (?) and live in a society far more individualist than the vast majority of countries in the world. It's easier to envisage some barbaric end of the world than people working together because of an insanely individualistic culture you (and I to a lesser extent in my opinion) experience daily.

oh give me a fucking break. you are judging my entire upbringing based on an internet post. you have no idea about my background, so don't assume you somehow know the type of person I am, and what I've experienced daily. way to throw a conceited generalization at me here. 

Edited by zero

7 minutes ago, zero said:

oh give me a fucking break. you are judging my entire upbringing based on an internet post. you have no idea about my background, so don't assume you somehow know the type of person I am, and what I've experienced daily. way to throw a conceited generalization at me here. 

then why cant you imagine a world with workers who work without someone else owning the means of production and without someone else owning their lives through wage slavery?

do you think you can't manage?  or just others who you imagine can't?

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli

1 minute ago, zero said:

Everyone is a product of their environment. Most of us westeners see things the same way that's all I'm saying - It had to have come from somewhere and it won't end overnight.

8 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

do you think you can't manage?  or just others who you imagine can't

This as well. You accuse me of generalising then generalise everyone reacting to a certain situation the way you would/ the way you think people would corresponsing to the people you know etc. My neighbourhood is extremely close knit despite being in a big city so it's easy for me to imagine cooperation between people. Different societies around the world rely on community in different ways. The insane car culture and having empty streets due to unwalkable communities and having to drive everywhere in most towns and cities in the USA is an example of this. Nobody is immune to the fact that they are a product of a localised society unless you were raised alone by wolves or something.

Edited by milkface
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

then why cant you imagine a world with workers who work without someone else owning the means of production and without someone else owning their lives through wage slavery?

read what you are writing here man. wtf are you even talking about. like for real. this is not at all even close to what I wanted to get across in this discussion. why do you continually posit questions in my voice that are not at all what I intend? your arguments always will fall apart because they are based on bullshit. speak the truth, try and look at things actually as how they are, and it can do wonders for your well being. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zero said:

read what you are writing here man. wtf are you even talking about. like for real. this is not at all even close to what I wanted to get across in this discussion. why do you continually posit questions in my voice that are not at all what I intend? your arguments always will fall apart because they are based on bullshit. speak the truth, try and look at things actually as how they are, and it can do wonders for your well being. 

What does this post even mean lol, do you support revolution or do you not?  Do you support proletariat dictatorship or do you not?  If not, do you support bourgeois dictatorship, and why?

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Facepalm 1

>for the record, I live in what's called reality, and have a pretty good guess what would happen if the "workers" all banded together and gave a big F U to the man. they are not all going to be sharing knowledge and helping advance the greater good, they are going to be taking care of them and their own, as if they were like most other humans.

This is what you said, it seems you support capitalism, the existence of an owning class, and repression of worker's revolution?  Or no?

8 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

contempt for the workers and implicit worship of the owning class's superior altruism

7 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

through selection and subliminal suggestion, the 24hr (news) media is one of the main culprits for such perception. That and the sponsored think tanks who represent opinion makers on the subject. The unruly masses, uncapable of reason, self-organisation, and working for the common good, need the economic overlords, and political indoctrinated (davos) "elite class", otherwise, it will be mad max within 24hrs. It perpetuates the myth so well that scared, angry, simple-minded people are ready to accept it with vigilant resolution.

• Like 2

newsom couldn't be more of a corporate democrat. sensing desantis could now be the "potential frontrunner" for the GOP (given big T's mounting legal issues), and already taking an L from the great florida migration, greasy gavin decides to go for broke instead of using that surplus he reported from the revised budget and fixing some serious "obvious" problems

On 7/7/2022 at 3:30 PM, Nebraska said:

newsom couldn't be more of a corporate democrat. sensing desantis could now be the "potential frontrunner" for the GOP (given big T's mounting legal issues), and already taking an L from the great florida migration, greasy gavin decides to go for broke instead of using that surplus he reported from the revised budget and fixing some serious "obvious" problems

Say what you want, but he ran SF when I lived there and went on to run California quite well, even surviving a few "scanadals" along the way. I do think he's a bit slick for my own personal taste but he can get shit done and I think we need someone more aggressive (and younger) on the dem side to stand any lick of a chance.

• Like 2

Senator Ted Cruz, a Texas Republican, said Saturday that he believes the Supreme Court was "clearly wrong" when it decided in a historic 2015 ruling that same-sex marriage was legal under the Constitution.

Obergefell v. Hodges, a landmark LGBTQ rights case, was decided in a 5 to 4 ruling in June 2015. The Supreme Court decision made it illegal for any state, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories to deny a marriage certificate to same-sex couples, citing the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

https://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-says-scotus-clearly-wrong-legalize-gay-marriage-1725304

cancun cruz needs to make a big move and he's decided to pull the trigger early

to me, this seems more like a case of her trying to save her own country from oblivion. i get the impression she's well aware she can't save her party. and i'm fairly sure she isn't even trying. apart from trying to save her own seat. which, btw, looks like a mission impossible, at this point. (and she knows it)

apart from that, it could be me but at a few points she looks close to the point of dropping a tear. she's not built for the trumpist world.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

she's not built for the trumpist world.

lol are any of us? I'm certainly not able to deal with the trumpian world very well.

I get what you mean though. she's perhaps not able to swallow her pride, lie, and look the other way in order to please the orange master, as well as the rest of team R can. her and Kinzinger are R's who spoke up against the orange BS, and of course, have been completely ostracized by the rest of the team.