baseball cards...yeah I've been there before back in the late '80s/early '90s. still have boxes of them. we were all under the impression back then that if you hold on to them long enough, they'll increase in value. nope. I looked into offloading some complete sets and it's more of a PITA than it's worth. have to get them professionally graded now for a fee, then haggle with the internet marketplace. no thanks. will let them sit in boxes I guess until someone throws them out for me.

but that jackass image above did remind me of the Marvel comic book cards from 1990 I still have a lot of. those were fun. I was like not even in the teenage years yet, and all the cool kids collected them. kids. collected. them. who in their right mind is gonna spend $99 on some crap image of donnie boy's head on rando spandex man? who in their right mind even comes up with this idea? people on lots and lots of drugs. coke probably. that's who.

1 hour ago, zero said:

who in their right mind is gonna spend $99 on some crap image of donnie boy's head on rando spandex man? who in their right mind even comes up with this idea? people on lots and lots of drugs. coke probably. that's who.

according to most "truthers" on truthsocial: the entire thing is a "coded message" from trump meant to convey he still holds "all the cards" in the fight to restore the soul of ummmerika. his people released this in a desperate attempt to cover up that embarrassing blunder

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

according to most "truthers" on truthsocial: the entire thing is a "coded message" from trump meant to convey he still holds "all the cards" in the fight to restore the soul of ummmerika. his people released this in a desperate attempt to cover up that embarrassing blunder

he looks like he's going to split in half from focusing on the teleprompter. he's trying so hard. what a batshit individual. 

edit: also, what a fucking windbag. he has nothing to offer in the way of policy obviously.. so leans into this free speech bullshit culture war own the libs drama. fuck him really.. i hope he drops dead soon... or just fades the fuck out in a hurry. 

Edited by ignatius

I’ve never seen so much anxiousness and anxiety instantly vaporize. It went from “oh fuck he’s gonna try to be speaker of the house” to “digital trading cards lmao”

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Upset man said:

I’ve never seen so much anxiousness and anxiety instantly vaporize. It went from “oh fuck he’s gonna try to be speaker of the house” to “digital trading cards lmao”

the embedded video at the site is fucking hilarious... so fucking cringe burger.  "hopefully i'm your favorite president.. better than Lincoln... better than Washington..."

https://www.collecttrumpcards.com

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

i love how this thing is like a year late to the nft bullshit and coming up right after all the ftx meltdown stuff and the midterms failure… only the dumbest of the dumb is going to put money into this thing and it’s still probably a lot

• Like 1

15 hours ago, exitonly said:

only the dumbest of the dumb is going to put money into this thing and it’s still probably a lot

either that, or this is another way for the nefarious global actors propping up dumbo's presidential campaign to funnel their dinero straight to the source. wouldn't surprise me if the largest collector of these digital all 'merican donnie b ball cards is some Chinese/Middle Eastern/N Korea/Ruskie shadow group. can't forget d-bag trump is on the side of all those who wish to do USA harm.

3 minutes ago, zero said:

either that, or this is another way for the nefarious global actors propping up dumbo's presidential campaign to funnel their dinero straight to the source. wouldn't surprise me if the largest collector of these digital all 'merican donnie b ball cards is some Chinese/Middle Eastern/N Korea/Ruskie shadow group. can't forget d-bag trump is on the side of all those who wish to do USA harm.

fair point. seems like the number one real purpose of NFTs is money laundering

• Like 1

following up on the earlier discussion about whether or not individual activists can make a difference, i want to mention that lauren boebert of colorado narrowly won reelection , by about 550 votes. lauren boebert is the one who

• tweeted "today is 1776" on the morning of january 6th
  • tweeted the real time movement of pelosi as she was removed from the house chamber on january 6th
  • made a thing about wanting to bring guns onto the house floor, even sneaking them by the metal detectors

that margin is tiny and this absolutly horrible wretch of a person could have been removed from her position of power if there had been slightly more ground work going on in her district

at least colorado legalized mushrooms

it's not "all the same"

it's not true that "you can't make a difference"

those are narratives from the actually nefarious individuals, trying to discourage civic participation, which is the safeguard against encroaching fascism

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

apparently the trump NFTs are already being speculated with some "one of one" cards priced at $24,000. i'm sure this will all end well. lols. 

of course it will. NFT international LLC is licensing trump name and likeness from CIC Digital LLC. CIC digital is basically big T (this was revealed in his tax returns). NFT international (using a different name) is linked with a lot of dodgy business. also, gotta love that 10% creator fee. 

30c37e48663b0e7937615e38dc5b72af.jpg?aut

https://opensea.io/collection/trump-digital-trading-cards?search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=UNIT_PRICE

40 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

following up on the earlier discussion about whether or not individual activists can make a difference

I hear you man. in the battleground states, I get that political activism certainly can be a factor to swing the pendulum from one party to another. and not to re-hash our previous discussion too much, but part of that discussion was me playing devil's advocate on the whole activism approach. just my attempt at some outside the box type thinking...following the logic path that reverse engineering something can sometimes lead to a new view on it.

too bad in a state where I live, Texas, any sort of activism to move away from the R's feels like a bit of an uphill losing battle. in my county, it was more or less 67% R, 30 something% D across the board in this election. would've needed tens of thousands of votes to swing the needle... waiting in line to vote was a somewhat sobering affair, overhearing convo's from R supporters, and just how insane they sound. people really do think there is some antagonistic government force out there trying to personally get them. it's widespread paranoia on a whole another level, egged on by the maga man and his tribe of loyal R party idiots. totally sick that the R party actively promotes creating a society of fearful, paranoid people, who believe in disingenuous outright lies.  

17 hours ago, zero said:

I get that political activism certainly can be a factor to swing the pendulum from one party to another.

it's not about battleground or not. many competetive house seats were not in swing states. 

17 hours ago, zero said:

not to re-hash our previous discussion too much, but part of that discussion was me playing devil's advocate on the whole activism approach

i know

17 hours ago, zero said:

too bad in a state where I live, Texas, any sort of activism to move away from the R's feels like a bit of an uphill losing battle. in my county, it was more or less 67% R, 30 something% D across the board in this election. would've needed tens of thousands of votes to swing the needle...

texas is purple. candidates from both major party win seats. cruz would have lost to beto if he didn't have a spanish name.

but yeah not every district is very competetive

17 hours ago, zero said:

waiting in line to vote was a somewhat sobering affair, overhearing convo's from R supporters, and just how insane they sound. people really do think there is some antagonistic government force out there trying to personally get them. it's widespread paranoia on a whole another level, egged on by the maga man and his tribe of loyal R party idiots. totally sick that the R party actively promotes creating a society of fearful, paranoid people, who believe in disingenuous outright lies.  

it really is quite wild to behold. can't imagine living in tx. though i wouldn't mind to. 

i think cruz is up in 2024. that's a race worth working on