Are people with mental handicaps even allowed to vote?

Yes, I'm talking about BOC fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

They play you Music Has The Right To Children and if you manage to sit it out without throwing up, you’re handed your voting license.

Not sure which candidate would win in such a world.

So for poor, homeless, and otherwise disenfranchised people to be in possession of drugs...misdemeanor or even felony. But for an orange guy born into wealth and power and become POTUS on top of drug possession...acquittal.

And I realize my referring to Trump supporters as "tards" earlier has been deemed offensive. My intention was strictly as a jab at said political faction, not at actual persons born with disabilities. But I realize my use of the term was in poor taste regardless. So I will be more careful about my choice of words in the future. So yeah...I apologize.

• Like 2

idk that it's 'obvious' they're 'trying to stop Bernie' because that'd imply they’re in league with the Democratic party and doing their bidding. and if that's what you're thinking, then youre about one step away from Trumpian "FAKE NEWS!" conspiracy. i mean if there's proof of that then i'm all ears, please do show it. but one news cycle 4 years ago about Cuba isn't anything serious in the grand scheme of things. 

I don't think they're doing anything illegal. But there are many ways they can undermine him, and have played these word association games with him for a long time. The Cuba thing is just once instance I was reminded of. But they know people have a difficult time remembering where they've heard something, so they love to use the tactic to associate Bernie with negative words or places US citizens associate with negatively.  Like "Cuba" or constantly touting the phrase "Bernie-Bros" in 2016. I'm only listing instances that immediately come to mind, but I know I could find a few dozen more with google. 

What is undeniable is that "liberal" cable new media as a whole hate Bernie. In 2016 or 2017 there was a tally of how many pro-hillary/anti-hillary and pro-bernie/anti-bernie articles and op eds. There were 3ish anti-bernie ones for every pro-bernie ones. And with Hillary it was like 10 pro-hillary ones for every 1 anti-hillary ones. Like I said: Hate Boner. They also love to use that trick "Some people say you did this...." in order to not get in trouble by lying or slandering, and it's a joke how often I've seen them use it on Bernie. 

This pro-bernie ad highlights how the media likes to treat him. This highlights the ways they contribute to stopping him. They do it by constantly shoveling out negative press about him and positive press about one of the centrist Dems and hope that people don't actually look into Bernie and just go with what CNN has to say about him.

Edited by Brisbot

5 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

20-0110-Bernie-CNN-lead-Iowa-No-Clear-le

don't worry.. new hampshire with it's diverse population will sort this out and we'll have a clear front runner real soon ?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ambergonk said:

And I realize my referring to Trump supporters as "tards" earlier has been deemed offensive. My intention was strictly as a jab at said political faction, not at actual persons born with disabilities. But I realize my use of the term was in poor taste regardless. So I will be more careful about my choice of words in the future. So yeah...I apologize.

that's like the third time in WATMM history anyone has ever owned up and acknowledged something they said wasn't very cool. good on you m8.

14 hours ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

i'm more just referring to the politicians rather than the registered members / voters. for the most part, the politicians are from a pretty narrow crop in terms of background, education, career. most democrats are 'corporatist' no? but most of their party members and voters would not consider that a top word to describe themselves.

well the politicians are often from elite families/backgrounds, yeah, but this of course isn't always the case either. maybe not enough, but there's definitely a lot of diversity in background and in policy within each party. 

most Americans are 'corporatist' even though (that's not really a word? lol i get what you're meaning tho!) they wouldn't describe themselves as something to that effect until they had to think about it. we shop at Walmart and Amazon and buy based on brand recognition and trust businesses in many cases based on size, reputation, and clout. lots of small businesses in the country too, but many of them have bigger (corporate-style) ambitions and attitudes. i've said it many times before and it's not really any revelation or anything, but America is a capitalist society far before it a democratic one. business trumps government, almost 100% of the time. businesses only allow gov intervention when they have to, when they can't buy lobby their way out of it. sure this is the case in many many other countries too, but in other 'more progressive' countries it seems that gov regulation is given more weight and breadth to work when necessary than here.

13 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I don't think they're doing anything illegal. But there are many ways they can undermine him, and have played these word association games with him for a long time. The Cuba thing is just once instance I was reminded of. But they know people have a difficult time remembering where they've heard something, so they love to use the tactic to associate Bernie with negative words or places US citizens associate with negatively.  Like "Cuba" or constantly touting the phrase "Bernie-Bros" in 2016. I'm only listing instances that immediately come to mind, but I know I could find a few dozen more with google. 

What is undeniable is that "liberal" cable new media as a whole hate Bernie. In 2016 or 2017 there was a tally of how many pro-hillary/anti-hillary and pro-bernie/anti-bernie articles and op eds. There were 3ish anti-bernie ones for every pro-bernie ones. And with Hillary it was like 10 pro-hillary ones for every 1 anti-hillary ones. Like I said: Hate Boner. They also love to use that trick "Some people say you did this...." in order to not get in trouble by lying or slandering, and it's a joke how often I've seen them use it on Bernie. 

This pro-bernie ad highlights how the media likes to treat him. This highlights the ways they contribute to stopping him. They do it by constantly shoveling out negative press about him and positive press about one of the centrist Dems and hope that people don't actually look into Bernie and just go with what CNN has to say about him.

yeah there definitely was some amount of anti-Bernie sentiment in 2016, but though that may have poisoned the water permanently for him, i don't necessarily see a lot of that actively happening this time. i think there's been a slight bias towards discounting him and his position just because ultimately he's going to have a very difficult time getting past the DNC elites who honestly may pull the rug out from under him if it looks like he's going to get the nomination, and even if not and he snags it, he's presented with some MAJOR issues trying to appeal to the nation as a whole. ultimately the media should be researching and playing up those issues and presenting facts about them, not using them as a reason to somewhat discount/ignore his status, but they're gonna do what they're gonna do for ratings and clicks.

9 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

20-0110-Bernie-CNN-lead-Iowa-No-Clear-le

if y'all don't understand why that poll illustrates the NO CLEAR LEADER headline then you need to learn how math/polls work. headline is 100% accurate. 

saw this yesterday and it's much more worrying than any of this specific Dem nominee back and forth. moderator brought it up to Sanders iirc in the debate last night, turnout in Iowa was down, which could be very, very bad. the only way for the Dems to lock down a win in the general this year is to have turnout very high and of course in the right areas in the right states, so overall turnout NEEDS to be better than 2016, basically. (these aren't the final tallies, but still doesn't look good as of now)

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/04/iowa-caucus-low-turnout-110674

early data suggested Tuesday that turnout was “on pace for 2016,” the Iowa Democratic Party said, far below levels many observers predicted.

In other words: Democrats were counting on Barack Obama-levels of enthusiasm. They got Hillary Clinton numbers, instead.

Edited by auxien

8 hours ago, auxien said:

if y'all don't understand why that poll illustrates the NO CLEAR LEADER headline then you need to learn how math/polls work. headline is 100% accurate. 

I'd say more like 70% accurate.

4 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

I'd say more like 70% accurate.

naw. 100% anyone of those 4 could be in the lead. 

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

Pete Buttigieg Funded by Russian-Linked Oligarch Who Supports Trump and McConnell

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/pete-buttigieg-funded-by-russian-linked-oligarch-who-supports-trump-and-mcconnell/

interesting

On 2/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, ambergonk said:

Wish I popped in earlier, I've regrettably used the term "Trump Tard" in a rant awhile back during some water cooler talk. Thankfully though that's what the term CHUD is for. I use it fairly often now. It's also a helpful label for Trump supporters who are lost causes versus the fair amount who either voted for him in 2016 naively and/or the many people who don't follow politics enough to truly grasp how absurdly evil and corrupt he and the GOP are.

• Like 3