Biden: "we're gonna bring everyone along! no matter what!" 

cut to a dozen clips of Biden saying 'vote for someone else then you hamster sniffing tiddly popper'

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, caze said:

lol. ✊ fight the power zeff

I'm loving this idea that you think I'm the one who's divorced from reality, you couldn't make this shit up. I find it hard to believe you're a real person. Maybe you're just a kid and don't know any better.

if that's all it is then it's a very shit negotiating tactic, would remind me of the Brits trying to negotiate with the EU. Bernie and most of his hardcore support don't see it as a tactic though. they genuinely think it's a good plan. lol. also, the other candidates have better plans, and they won't need to negotiate with their own party to get them through as long as they win the senate.

you'd think that but the ACA was mostly shagged senseless by democrats who couldn't bend over enough for the insurance companies. there was a lot of infighting among democrats to get it to move forward. it's just the nature of the process than any idea is going to get scarred and clawed and stuffed with amendments. 

starting w/a high bar is what they all do. even with the budget every year. the white house proposes a ridiculous budget and negotiates.. using some of their proposal as pawns. all of congress has an agenda and they are usually divergent. 

they don't have the luxury to do that any more, they know they need to deliver on health care reform. I can see 1-2 making some noise, but it won't be a big deal in the end.

6 minutes ago, caze said:

they don't have the luxury to do that any more, they know they need to deliver on health care reform. I can see 1-2 making some noise, but it won't be a big deal in the end.

i hope you're right but the democrats are notoriously tribal. the republicans manage to stay solidly on message.. at least until the tea party came around.. they're still way more likely to stay unified while, quite often, the democrats have a hard time seizing the day when they have the numbers. 

3rbxa6-1.jpg

Biden gets Minnesota because of Klobuchar dropping, and now Biden just won fuckin' Massachusetts. Warren's home state and right next to Sanders' Vermont. bit of a surprise, especially considering that Biden spent $0 on advertising and campaigning there. and it's a white as all fuck state, so everything (including polls iirc) said that Biden didn't really have any chance there, yet, he took it. not a ton of  delegates, but a telling result. 

Edited by auxien

its a rich old white people state, no fuck theyre going to protect their capital, they're dirty bourgeois scumbags whose only aim is to prevent a dictatorship of the proletariat, but they will fail

• Burger 1

warren should have dropped out and endorsed bernie, the fact that she didn't means she's nothing more than a corporate shill, a tool of the bourgeoisie, worse a pet to the elite, she's a failure who actively intended to push the democratic party further right.  she's only there to take bernie's votes.  thinking otherwise is naive

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

51 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

its a rich old white people state, no fuck theyre going to protect their capital, they're dirty bourgeois scumbags whose only aim is to prevent a dictatorship of the proletariat, but they will fail

Guilty as charged.

-Disgustingly affluent geriatric caucasian person who paid off his student loans. I also foreclose houses for shits and giggles and dumpster dive at Trader Joe's because those "expired" frozen pizzas are too damn good for the homeless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tío Bernie consiguió California vavava

@Zeffolia you have a way of wording things in the most insufferably standoffish way possible.. but I have to admit seeing Warren take ~10-20% really seems to have fucked over Bernie in some states he would have decisively delivered otherwise

Edited by markedone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bloomberg similarly fucked Biden, so it's a bit of a wash. Early voting also caused a problem for Biden in California, where Pete and Klob have 15% of the vote despite having dropped out.

Also, the Bernie Bro tactic of tweeting snakes 24/7 at Warren supporters probably didn't help their cause much either. In fact there's some evidence a good bit of what was expected to be her support has gone instead to Biden (especially in Massachusetts, which Sanders was expected to win).

• Like 2

The sad thing is that I'm 41 and even though we almost definitely just reelected Trump tonight (thanks, Warren) it's still probably the least bad democratic primary in my lifetime (with the possible exception of 2008 because Obama was marginally less shitty than Clinton).

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Burger 1

^^^ Was thinking that as well. Plenty of Warren votes moved to Biden. 

Anyways, most importantly is voter turnout, imo. Which was good, I'm hearing. Happy about that.

Hopefully, the rest of the primary will be just about Sanders and Biden. The other candidates don't have the votes, it seems. Will be important to avoid the scenario with no clear winner and the superdelegates putting their finger on the scale. Not interested in being bludgeoned to death with that shitshow. 

Edit: the point caze made about warren voters

Edited by goDel

17 minutes ago, caze said:

Bloomberg similarly fucked Biden, so it's a bit of a wash. Early voting also caused a problem for Biden in California, where Pete and Klob have 15% of the vote despite having dropped out.

Also, the Bernie Bro tactic of tweeting snakes 24/7 at Warren supporters probably didn't help their cause much either. In fact there's some evidence a good bit of what was expected to be her support has gone instead to Biden (especially in Massachusetts, which Sanders was expected to win).

Good points, I forget the early votes for p+a got lost. And Mass was indeed surprising. I dont think the average voter follows the going-ons of the twitter-verse tho, myself included

6 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

You are being lied to.

I'm not just talking about twitter ppl with 6 digit numbers in their names, but popular real life actual people, high up surrogates in his campaign, those chapo shit-stains, etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markedone said:

I dont think the average voter follows the going-ons of the twitter-verse tho, myself included

Yeah, this is true to a large degree, though maybe less so with a certain demographic (middle class college educated white women in particular, i.e. Warren's key demo)

8 minutes ago, caze said:

those chapo shit-stains, etc.

The host Will Menaker's grandfather, Robert Menaker, worked for Soviet intelligence during WWII. 

That reminds me, does anyone think there isn't an opposition research file on Bernie?