Just now, brian trageskin said:

lawnmower man is a great flick though 

nevermind me

Great in certain parts at least. Rosco being the best part obv. Also Hank from Breaking Bad is in it, and JobeDAN turning those dudes into Dippin' Dots.

^yeah Obama is cool and all but did you guys hear that Bernie freakin Sanders dropped out to support Joe Biden?!?!? crazy, I know there’s a lot of big fans of Bernie around here and on Twitter so now Biden is going to definitely have smooth sailing since Bernie is supporting him!!!! everyone LOVES Joe Biden!!!

I'm non-US (sorry auxien) but do the people on here with the hate boner for Biden actually believe that Sanders has a better chance of beating Trump?

how long until any critical discussion of biden can occur? the whole “zomglol Bernard brethren memes twitter” thing is getting extremely old. zero simply pointed out the entirely interesting fact that it took nearly a year to get the Obama endorsement, we can discuss this without wetting our pants about bernie bros lmao

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

I'm still waiting for a positive discussion about TRump, tbh. I mean, it might be four more years, right? At least make it enjoyable without bitching about the destruction of civilisation as we knew it. Can we do that?

He looks like an orange. But it's the right kind of orange!

12 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

how long until any critical discussion of biden can occur? the whole “zomglol Bernard brethren memes twitter” thing is getting extremely old. zero simply pointed out the entirely interesting fact that it took nearly a year to get the Obama endorsement, we can discuss this without wetting our pants about bernie bros lmao

I mean, it's absolutely valid to be critical of Biden while still maybe accepting that he is in fact the best choice at the moment for moving the dial (even if it's only slightly) in a more progressive fashion?

I'll wet my pants whenever i feel like it, i've earned that right as an elder Gen-Xer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, auxien said:

‘critical discussion of Biden’ is pretty laughable Alco

more laughable than my weak joke, I’ll give you that

the dems got their asses handed to them in 2016, not just the presidency. you ofc know this. now that the party has their candidate i think it's a good time to get serious about the flaws of that candidate and move on from smug vitriol about bernard.

maybe you're saying that such a discussion is not possible on we are the music makers dot com and that's probably true. but at the same time the constant bitterness toward any critical reaction to democratic leadership seems like a losing strategy. i think biden's going to need a lot of help to win tbh and bitching about bernie bros online seems like a waste of time.

5 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I mean, it's absolutely valid to be critical of Biden while still maybe accepting that he is in fact the best choice at the moment for moving the dial (even if it's only slightly) in a more progressive fashion?

I'll wet my pants whenever i feel like it, i've earned that right as an elder Gen-Xer.

my pants have never been dry, please understand

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

the dems got their asses handed to them in 2016

Is winning the popular vote by more than 2 million really getting their asses handed to them? I understand the whole electoral college and all that jazz(band) but that's kind of a different conversation I guess?

*furiously dries pants with hair dryer*

Just now, chenGOD said:

Is winning the popular vote by more than 2 million really getting their asses handed to them? I understand the whole electoral college and all that jazz(band) but that's kind of a different conversation I guess?

*furiously dries pants with hair dryer*

i would say yes it is part of getting their asses kicked. the popular vote is not what it takes to win unfortunately (plus it's typically just half of half the voting pop anyway so not that impressive tbqh). the republicans also took control of the government, they quickly got themselves a supreme court justice, etc.

maybe biden loses the election but wins the popular vote. so what?

it is pretty useless to discuss politics here (read the last 80 pages) but I’m mostly getting at Biden is a known quantity, and the critiques of him are many and varied and ubiquitous. only new things worth discussing maybe are the sexual allegations, but those seem a bit odd from the little ive read.... but anyway, no one likes him, basically, he is not now nor has he ever been anyone’s first choice for this job and yet here we are. 
to waste time critiquing Biden is not far from critiquing Trump at this point, except of course that Biden isn’t literally causing the deaths of people (at least not yet except maybe his own by overstraining his old ass trying to run to be president). 

there’ll be some interesting stuff when it’s Biden vs Trump time, but just right now it seems pointless to me, and I’m being a shit about saying that I guess. 

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Biden - I don't really care for him, don't think he is a great candidate, and don't think he has a better chance than any of the others to win the election... BUT I will vote for him since his name is not donald j. trump. I would vote for a pile of dog shit over trump though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, auxien said:

it is pretty useless to discuss politics here (read the last 80 pages) but I’m mostly getting at Biden is a known quantity, and the critiques of him are many and varied and ubiquitous. only new things worth discussing maybe are the sexual allegations, but those seem a bit odd from the little ive read.... but anyway, no one likes him, basically, he is not now nor has he ever been anyone’s first choice for this job and yet here we are. 
to waste time critiquing Biden is not far from critiquing Trump at this point, except of course that Biden isn’t literally causing the deaths of people (at least not yet except maybe his own by overstrain if his old ass trying to run to be president). 

there’ll be some interesting stuff when it’s Biden vs Trump time, but just right now it seems pointless to me, and I’m being a shit about saying that I guess. 

agree that political discussion on here are prob a waste of time. tbh they're a waste of time anywhere honestly lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alcofribas said:

i would say yes it is part of getting their asses kicked. the popular vote is not what it takes to win unfortunately (plus it's typically just half of half the voting pop anyway so not that impressive tbqh). the republicans also took control of the government, they quickly got themselves a supreme court justice, etc.

maybe biden loses the election but wins the popular vote. so what?

I mean there are a lot of factors in that (the half the voting pop thing) - but luckily other people have done that writing for me, which is good cause  ineed to go change my pants again.

If Biden wins the popular vote but loses the election, then I suggest a hell in the cell match to determine the winner.

• Like 1