IGNORED

Telefon Tel Aviv - Dreams Are Not Enough (Sept 27, 2019)

Artwork_TelefonTelAviv_DreamsAreNotEnoug

01. ‘I dream of it often:’

02. ‘a younger version of myself,’

03. ‘standing at the bottom of the ocean;’

04. ‘arms aloft,’

05. ‘mouth agape,’

06. ‘eyes glaring,’

07. ‘not seeing,’

08. ‘not breathing,’

09. ‘still as stone in a watery fane.’

https://soundcloud.com/ghostly/standing-at-the-bottom-of-the-ocean

The project’s first full-length release since the death of founding member Charlie Cooper. Dreams Are Not Enough follows their 2009 full-length Immolate Yourself and the 2017 solo track, ‘Something Akin To Lust’.

Pre-order live on Ghostly

• 3 weeks later...

'Standing At The Bottom Of The Ocean' is a great track; I can hear shades of Josh's more recent work wi Turk Dietrich as Second Woman in some of the metallic textures. The granular delays on the fricatives n consonants of the vocal is quite a novel treatment and I can tell a lot of care has gone into where and how all the sounds occupy space. And yeah, the last minute of the track is massive. Quintessential IDM. More pls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, dr lopez said:

would like to weigh in that this sounds like someone diarrhea'ed all over the record. 

edit: upon closer inspection of the vinyls it would appear that this is the case

yeah it's not good

I don't understand, pitchfork gives Fahrenheit Fair Enough a 6.8 wich is considerably low imo but they give this one an 8.1 even though this is the single most lackluster tta release so far imo. It's growing on me though, I might like it better than immolate yourself.

Tried to edit but didn't make it in time....

Sorry, that  ^^^^^^^ is not an excited post....

That is more of a.... "WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!?!?!!!" kind of 'rage post'.

I'm definitely going to need to be in the correct (and, unfortunately for me, VERY RARE) frame of mind in order to even begin to get into this.....

Maybe it's just because of the memories I have incorporated into MOE and FFE, but.... it feels like the undertones of reality and seriousness and..... earth shattering beauty that can be found within complete and utter devastation are not hiding anywhere here.

And that is just straight discouraging.

I hope it clicks, but..... damnit, man. Fucking damnit.

Archived