IGNORED

That Way

Squee

The first dub tune I've worked on in my new studio so I hope everything sounds as it should.
The intro was made in a hurry because I needed to send this tune to a festival.

The bass is warm and very deep yet equalized well so as not to be boomy and really gets moving with momentum in the second half. My favourite bits are the backwardsy spectral synth rush up at 2:49 and the slow shaker that sounds almost like a metal toothbrush. This manages to be both minimal and detailed, the details are subtle enough to never crowd out the sense of space. The only thing I find unnecessary is repeating the word 'dub' in the intro, it would probably be better without it.

Sound design is excellent and I like how you mixed the bass, it's very balanced and punchy. The progression works too

The track itself is nice but very similar to other tracks of that genre, could need some element that's a bit idiosyncratic and that doesn't belong to the typical sound palette

Digging this track. I especially like, that you kept the wobble bass subtle enough and not "in your face". Also not too much trickery, so it IMO holds together from start to finish. Good mixing as well, like already said above.

A bit same-ish vibe as one of my fave dub-step artist, Dullatron, has. And in my books that's a good thing! Will definitely listen more tracks from you. 

On 8/3/2019 at 6:11 PM, Squee said:

The first dub tune I've worked on in my new studio so I hope everything sounds as it should.
The intro was made in a hurry because I needed to send this tune to a festival.

Deep, like it!

Archived