IGNORED

A nice thread

1 minute ago, usagi said:

you're not being very nice rn about my contributions to this thread. I'm severely disillusioned.

Sorry, Usagi, I didn't mean to offend you. ☺️I appreciate your contribution, but would you please post some slightly nicer content instead of vomiting gifs? Thanks ?

1 minute ago, Stickfigger said:

What's not nice about a good lol ?

If it's not a mean lol, then it's fine! Laughing increases your life duration. ?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, darreichungsform said:

hello men and women of the watmm, it is nice

Hi mate! What are you up to today? Any cool tunes brewin'? ?

1 minute ago, lickneonlights said:

Sorry, Usagi, I didn't mean to offend you. ☺️I appreciate your contribution, but would you please post some slightly nicer content instead of vomiting gifs? Thanks ?

ok

1 hour ago, lickneonlights said:

Hi mate! What are you up to today? Any cool tunes brewin'? ?

Tons but nothing of it is good so far. Trying to make tracks all in Reaktor Blocks but my PC is slow so I have to pre-record different patches and mix them in Cubase. And when I jam on the patches I end up with samey 20 minute tracks and shortening them isn't fun. It's like I have all the ingredients to assemble the final track but nothing really holds together, because I'm unsure about track progression. It's a bit tricky but I will come up with some idea eventually ?

How about yourself?

2 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Tons but nothing of it is good so far. Trying to make tracks all in Reaktor Blocks but my PC is slow so I have to pre-record different patches and mix them in Cubase. And when I jam on the patches I end up with samey 20 minute tracks and shortening them isn't fun. It's like I have all the ingredients to assemble the final track but nothing really holds together, because I'm unsure about track progression. It's a bit tricky but I will come up with some idea eventually ?

How about yourself?

Sounds good and bad at the same time! I have a crappy PC too, but somehow it's mostly bearable. I mean sometimes I have to mix stuff down and arrange by eye, not by ear (because of the garbled audio due to overload), but I try to choose more CPU-friendly plug-ins where possible (like, a native EQ instead of a fancy EQ) to ease the load.

I played around with Reaktor Blocks a little recently, but nothing decent came out. What perked my ears however was the new version of Dune, I have a couple of new tracks in the works thanks to it. Although I have a feeling it may sound a little too... trancey, I don't know. Not IDM enough. Like it's too crisp and clean, and I have a feeling it's more appropriate for EDM / Trance because of its presets and fat hypersaw sounds. I also got into Synapse Audio The Legend, some nice fat almost analogue-sounding basses there. Definitely recommend.

However overall I feel like my workflow is a little stale and stagnant, and I've hit a wall where the progress is no longer possible. I'm looking for a change, but not sure what direction to go.

lol @ 2:23. The way that lil fella fell over! 

I just realized kangaroos can't walk... They need to either jump or move clumsily dragging their feet with their tiny hands. This blows my mind! 

23 hours ago, beer badger said:

hahah I watched that documentary, mildly fascinating (I like his art)

man is a fucking creep though....

bet he put his cock in a few dubious places

sorry to derail the nice thread lol

Yeah he liked rent boys apparently. but it was common at the time.

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2000/08/francis-bacon-200008

hey @lickneonlights nice city you got there! I visited St. Petersberg about 10 years ago and really liked it! went with a good friend of mine who's Russian, which was awesome since then we didn't have to just stick to the tourist stuff. those are some super deep subway stations! I remember the long escalator ride up & down, everyone starring at each other passing the other direction.  

24 minutes ago, zero said:

hey @lickneonlights nice city you got there! I visited St. Petersberg about 10 years ago and really liked it! went with a good friend of mine who's Russian, which was awesome since then we didn't have to just stick to the tourist stuff. those are some super deep subway stations! I remember the long escalator ride up & down, everyone starring at each other passing the other direction.  

Wow, that's nice! St. P is the best city in Russia, in my opinion, but it definitely falls flat in comparison with European cities, even the neighbouring Helsinki. So I'd say it's the best of the worst, haha, all thanks to Peter the Great and his love for everything European. The nice houses remained, but no one really cares about them and they are destroying and in decay, which is truly sad.

Our subway stations can be deep, that's for sure. 

^ yeah I liked Petersberg much more than Moscow or the other places in Russia I went. Moscow had a much more militant vibe, freakin police & army dudes walking around everywhere. I even got detained at the Kremlin for awhile just for sitting on the grassy bank of the Moskva river having a cigarette. 

4 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

Sounds good and bad at the same time! I have a crappy PC too, but somehow it's mostly bearable. I mean sometimes I have to mix stuff down and arrange by eye, not by ear (because of the garbled audio due to overload), but I try to choose more CPU-friendly plug-ins where possible (like, a native EQ instead of a fancy EQ) to ease the load.

I played around with Reaktor Blocks a little recently, but nothing decent came out. What perked my ears however was the new version of Dune, I have a couple of new tracks in the works thanks to it. Although I have a feeling it may sound a little too... trancey, I don't know. Not IDM enough. Like it's too crisp and clean, and I have a feeling it's more appropriate for EDM / Trance because of its presets and fat hypersaw sounds. I also got into Synapse Audio The Legend, some nice fat almost analogue-sounding basses there. Definitely recommend.

However overall I feel like my workflow is a little stale and stagnant, and I've hit a wall where the progress is no longer possible. I'm looking for a change, but not sure what direction to go.

Today someone told me that you can rent a gaming computer / server which live streams on your computer screen so you can play the latest games without having a gaming PC, all you need is a very fast internet connection. I wonder if this would be an option for music making as well

46 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Today someone told me that you can rent a gaming computer / server which live streams on your computer screen so you can play the latest games without having a gaming PC, all you need is a very fast internet connection. I wonder if this would be an option for music making as well

Yeah I heard about that. They say it's buggy or limited at the moment or something. But that would be nice, yeah. 

40 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

You Picard-facepalmed my innocent, kawaii rabbit offering a fruit pic tho. That wasn't nice ☹️

Sorry, I don't remember what post that was frankly. If I facepalmed it, then most likely it was offensive or not nice. Anyway, I'm sorry ? Hope you're OK ?

3 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Top o' the mornin' my fellow watmmers!  A nice ('n smooth!) day to everyone! (except diatoms)

You Got Your Wish:)

We got to the Tinahely Ag Show at 9:30 this morning

Around 13:00 I came down with what felt like food poisoning

I barely made it to the bog

the last stall against the wall

was open

I'm not one to shite in public toilets

or lean my head against the stall side wall

but had no choice

I was sweating then chills then sweating

for a good hour

There was no lock on the door