IGNORED

Getting into Ceephax

thumbass

As an album, I'd go for Exidy Tours. But it's a bit standout to his other work, imo. For me his tracks tend to work better individually. So it makes more sense to pick individual tracks from his releases. It's food for DJ's, if you will. 

But his Exidy Tours album is the exception. That works best as an album. And a good one at that. I don't have that with his other albums, tbh. As he's mostly sticking to acid tunes nowadays. Making an entire acid-album is an artform. Can't remember many that actually were interesting the entire way through. (Plastikman - Musik comes to mind...)

22 minutes ago, thumbass said:

I really like Exidy Tours so far, love the drum and bass songs here and there. Is this his only dnb album?

Been a while I listened to it, but Exidy Tours didn't specifically rang dnb-bells with me. Thought it was more varied than that. Think the more general IDM label would fit better. But yeah, it's his only album with that kind of sound, if my memory is correct. Perhaps some odd track here and there which would fit. But not an entire album. He does have some unusual channels to release his work. So there might be one out there on some obscure label I didn't know.

Although, Cro Magnox might do the trick. Haven't listened to it much, so not sure. (not as much as exidy tours)

https://www.discogs.com/Ceephax-Cro-Magnox/master/538646

You should check out his two albums on Rephlex. Some dnb in there as well. He might sell them digitally on his bandcamp. Not sure.

Edited by goDel
awkward autocorrect things happening

21 minutes ago, goDel said:

You should check out his two albums on Rephlex. Some dnb in there as well. He might sell them digitally on his bandcamp. Not sure.

Vol. 1 and 2? I'll check m out. might as well listen to it all now lol. I don't have any problems with that actually

Surprised United Acid Emirates has only been mentioned once.  Ive always thought that was his most consistent and best album, and it was certainly what got me hooked.  Ceeland, Unstoppable Phax Machine ep, Psychtapolis ep, also unmissable imo

Agreed also to watch his videos to get into the mood.  I also love the banter in this live set, a bit of roughness around the edges makes it even more enjoyable

https://ceephax.bandcamp.com/album/ceephax-acid-crew-live-at-bombomatic-01-08-2008

Edited by markedone
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, markedone said:

Surprised United Acid Emirates has only been mentioned once.  Ive always thought that was his most consistent and best album, and it was certainly what got me hooked.  Ceeland, Unstoppable Phax Machine ep, Psychtapolis ep, also unmissable imo

Agreed also to watch his videos to get into the mood.  I also love the banter in this live set, a bit of roughness around the edges makes it even more enjoyable

https://ceephax.bandcamp.com/album/ceephax-acid-crew-live-at-bombomatic-01-08-2008

Defo going to listen to the United acid Emirates album soon. The album cover alone makes me want to listen to it.