IGNORED

Battles - Juice B Crypts LP (October 18th, 2019)

139765-1.jpg

Battles return with their fourth album Juice B Crypts on Warp Records to follow their complex, mind-bending predecessors Mirrored, Gloss Drop, Dross Glop and La Di Da Di.

Their latest album is a sensory overload of information that throws everything you thought you knew about Battles into flux once again.

1 Ambulance 4:20

2 A Loop So Nice... 2:14

3 They Played It Twice (feat. Xenia Rubinos) 3:09

4 Sugar Foot (feat. Jon Anderson & Prairie WWWW) 5:18

5 Fort Greene Park 5:45

6  Titanium 2 Step (feat. Sal Principato) 3:26

7 Hiro 3 1:08

8 IZM (feat. Shabazz Palaces) 3:36

9 Juice B Crypts 3:56

10 Last Supper On Shasta Pt. 1 (feat. Tune-Yards) 3:52

11 Last Supper On Shasta Pt. 2 (feat. Tune-Yards) 3:55

Pre-order on warp

awesome track, glad we finally hear a tune and have a release date. was unsure how they'd sound after dropping to a 2-piece, but they've still got it!

and they're headlining a festival i'm going to next week, can't wait!

Yeah I really like what I'm hearing!! The vocalist did a great job on this too. Wonder how the whole LP will turn out tho with their reducted line up! I loved Konopka, it was so sad to hear he left!

2 hours ago, QQQ said:

awesome track, glad we finally hear a tune and have a release date. was unsure how they'd sound after dropping to a 2-piece, but they've still got it!

and they're headlining a festival i'm going to next week, can't wait!

32 minutes ago, Stock said:

Yeah I really like what I'm hearing!! The vocalist did a great job on this too. Wonder how the whole LP will turn out tho with their reducted line up! I loved Konopka, it was so sad to hear he left!

So you could say... they lost part of the battle? :dadjoke:

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, Joyrex said:

So you could say... they lost part of the battle? :dadjoke:

Lol yeah.

Next album will probably be an hour of Ian Williams' guitar jams with a volca drum machine, and the band will disappear as soon as Williams will split up with himself!

^ as awesome as those two are, ive never been able to get into the instrumental band but with a bunch of guest vocalists style of album.  mirrored they all worked as a cohesive unit which is part of what made it such a great album.

on thaaaat note, i just realised i never gave ladidadi a chance.. partly because i thought the album art sucked.  i didnt realise it was an instrumental and a bit of a "return" to their earlier stuff. am i missing out there?

7 hours ago, markedone said:

^ as awesome as those two are, ive never been able to get into the instrumental band but with a bunch of guest vocalists style of album.  mirrored they all worked as a cohesive unit which is part of what made it such a great album.

on thaaaat note, i just realised i never gave ladidadi a chance.. partly because i thought the album art sucked.  i didnt realise it was an instrumental and a bit of a "return" to their earlier stuff. am i missing out there?

last album was one that i loved when it came out, kinda forgot about for while, then came back to in a big way. they haven't released anything even close to being not great imo

I like their instrumental tracks. This album looks like it is going to have too many guest vocalists for my tastes..

Edited by thumbass

I’m not against vocalists. Some of my best friends are vocalists. That said...

(feat. Tune-Yards)

(feat. Tune-Yards)

*untangles from armpit hair and runs*

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Candiru said:

I’m not against vocalists. Some of my best friends are vocalists. That said...

(feat. Tune-Yards)

(feat. Tune-Yards)

*untangles from armpit hair and runs*

Lol

the set list the other day was 100% new material other than Atlas, Summer Simmer, and The Yabba. all the tracks were amazing. new album is going to be great.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...